Hi guys,i just want to ask a simple question.why does my friend receives an update which has a build number I9300XXLFB and i dont receive anything,we are in the same country.my build number is still I9300XXLF8? can somebody tell me why?
So you means gs3 has beaten lumia 920.....
and iphone 5 took the revenge ! eh
It's better to choose this phone, optimus g. I'll mention more clearly. When comparing with galaxy s3:-
1. s3 comes with exynos quadcore cycling with 1.4 ghz while optimus g comes with snapdragon quadcore centered with 1.6ghz. It is a fact that snapdragons are better than exynos. So here Optimus g beats s3.
2. Then camera. S3 comes with 8 Mega pixel camera while optimus g has 13 mp camera. So it's sure that G can shoot more clear photos and videos. Also G has zero lag shooting method. When considering the features of camera app, s3 boasts of burst mode feature. Here G too does it. Additionally, G has a feature to keep the user not to miss any good poses happened just before clicking shutter button. So, here too LG optimus G wins.
3. Design:- s3 tells that their design is designed by nature. The nature's biggest enemy is plastic and s3 is a crappy plastic. Also, the curved ends of s3 never gives a better dimensions and holds in hands. People votes iphone (before optimus G's release) omitting s3 in the case of design just because glass case gives a executive look. So here G too comes with a glass cover. The most loving feature of this design is its crystal clear technology. Lg had even patended this case as it's such innovative. Small prisms are placed in between the case. Your case now will give a shining effect. Then considering the front parts of the phone:- s3, when screen is locked, people can just identify the phone's screen dimension from the Basel part as they can recognize the colour change from the basel to the screen. But in G, a hybrid technology is used, so that when phone is locked the entire phone's front look same. Cute:-)
4. Smart features:- s3 has a smart video player that provides popup play. Buy, here G offers something better than this. While playing a video, clicking a button will make the video dim and is played behind the screen. User can see the video as well as work on the apps. When phone kept vertically to exit the landscape, the video looks same as popup play, in addition to dim option. There are other options too. User can click on a button on the video screen, so that when user touches the video track, thumpnails of that frame is shown in a small popup screen. Also, user can zoom in, zoom out, slow down or play the video quicker.
5.smart stay:- the only feature where s3 wins when compared to G is smart stay. S3 could recognise the user's eyes and stay awake till he looks away. But, this feature is not something that can make you stop from buying s3. Because, there apps available in the play store that will do same function.
6. Quick memo:- optimus G has a great feature called quick memo. Fir this feature an external physical button is even provided. Clicking on this button will screen shot the present screen of the phone and edit it with smart tools. So now, you can just use this feature to write down the new number telling in between a call on the call screen, you can mark the destination in maps and route it and sent it, check and convince the friend whether it's a goal or not while watching a football match. Quick memo - A great feature. S3 can't even compete for this feature.
7. The total UI:- in s3 user can just swipe the lock screen to unlock and water bubble sound is outed [:-) ]. In G, user do the same, but a initiative nice circle is enlarged to the unlocked screen. User can see the bottom app shortcuts of home screen in the lock screen, so that dragging those icons will show take the user to that particular app. When locking the screen, s3 has the graphics that just dims the light and turn off. In G, it ROUND IN a black screen and locks. Since G's screen has no color change from basel, this locking effect looks nice. In notification bar of s3, user can swipe the toggle buttons left of right and find some more buttons. In G too, user has this option with very more buttons compared to s3. Additionally, user can customize the buttons order. In app drawer, S3 does nothing more. G could help user to change the app's icon with the help of quick memo.
8. Battery:- lg specially designed a new battery which ate slimmer but could take more cell units into it giving the maximum life. In fact presently G has most long lasting battery capacity.
9. Display: s3 comes with super amoled display while G has true HD IPS display. The specialty of this display is that it will never get heated up (s3's display heats up) and G's display consumes less energy and keep the same volume energy used till the end while amoled display keeps increasing on the consumption of battery volume as time passes. Thus G's display need less energy. Amoled displays are better of colour While ips displays are known for their clarity and brightness . In G, an hybrid technology is being used to avoid the basel and screen clout variation, and thus technology makes colours brighter. So here G's display is far better than s3's display. Considering the display dimension s3 wins as it's 4.8inch while G is 4.7 inch. This variation is not an easily recognizable one. Keep in mind that, game developers build high end games for phones prescribing the display dimension. Since all other high end phones are with 4.7 inch, developers built games for this 4.7 inch. So for those games s3 will be having black bars at sides. So, what's the use of such smaller variated dimension.
10. Touch:- LG is introducing a new kind of touch technology that will remove the gap between display glass and touch layer. With this, when a user swipe left or right on any app, for e.g. moving to near by photos in gallery app, user can see that the photos are moved as along with the finger. If you swipe quickly to left and right without taking finger, you can see in s3 that the photo is not behind your finger and photo will be running to the fingers position while in G, photos stay just behind the finger. Smart :-)
[deleted post]you are right dude . Nokia's build quality is far superior than samsung and apple and all other brands. Sony and motorola have also very solid build quality.
[deleted post]Dear Richman are u sure ? i am too nokia lover but why nokia no invention same andriod 400000 program ? Why ?
"The Next Big Thing is Already Here -- Samsung Galaxy S III"
Ad by Samsung USA mocking iPhone fans. Just released today. Enjoy.
Absolutely brilliant phone..its running like a jet...
If u use in s 3 , you will not tell...
, it's ugly & I phone is better
How many excellent functions are hiding this phone.
..I am surprised, this phone performance..
Even WiFi signal is weak..doesn't matter, working nicely
..front view is awesome.. back side vIew Is little bit ugly..plastic feeling...otherwise it's no.1 device in market..it's can overcome iPhone 5 also....
AnonD-52973, 19 Sep 2012I facing some problems, when am playing videos that time its geting stracks and getting hangs ... morereally iam planning to buy s3 ..please gimme advice should i go for it or i phone 5
iphone 5 has nothing on the samsung galaxy s3! wooooo samsung!!
I facing some problems, when am playing videos that time its geting stracks and getting hangs when I playing the games this is not quad core fack 100%
s3 =3, 19 Sep 2012i had the same issue the games with high graphics dont work as fast as before i dont know why ... moredo you know that people can know u and galaxy note 2 are the same person by looking at "LbnD".......so there is no point in questioning and answering to yourself...but u made the point that you are desperate....
If u wanna save on battery life, shut down running applications. Reduce ur phone's brightness. Work ur way around it. Any other phones would have this problem. I find no trouble with s3. I was an xperia user, i still love xperia just that mine died on me. Different ppl have different preferences. So what if they favour s3. If u dont like it, play elsewhere. This is not ur playground
Have it for a few days now and I am impressed. Its blazing fast, internet pages open withing a fraction of a second, aps are installed within 1-2 seconds, quad-core processor is awesome. Display is excellent even in bright sunlight, battery life is good last longer than most phones, the big display is something which makes browsing such a good experience. It is still a good fit despite its size and I can do most things with one hand. Only small downside is it is slippery to hold and easy to drop due ti its thinness and size. Get a good grippy gel case like S-line and it is fine. All in all 10/10, cannot see why anyone would go for a dual core iphone5?