Cyclist4Christ, 23 Aug 2012Yes, and that's your opinion that Windows is worse than Symbian.... I've had the N70, the N73,... moreBTW what's all facts??? That the s3 is now the standard to which all over high end phones will be measured...
U gave ur opinion... far from facts
Cyclist4Christ, 23 Aug 2012Yes, and that's your opinion that Windows is worse than Symbian.... I've had the N70, the N73,... moreFair enough mate but don't quite get why u specifically chose this thread.... why...
Don't answer.... u know why.
TC, 23 Aug 20121 Heard of cases?
2 There are no viruses for Android, and there are no more malware for Andro... moreYes, and that's your opinion that Windows is worse than Symbian.... I've had the N70, the N73, and still got the C5 as a spare.. and when Symbian came out it was doing a world take over like Andoid is doing now.
I'm just a die-hard Nokia dude who can't wait for WP8.
Google's done exceptionally well with Android, there's no doubt about that - but where they specialize in mobile OS's, and even Tablet OS's, Microsoft specialize in Desktop OS's and starting to catch up with Tablet and mobile OS's.
I can't comment about iOS because I've never even held an Apple iPhone 4S in my hand, only seen it in the shop windows, but for that I'm also going to say it all depends on the persons taste.
iSJ5, 23 Aug 2012wow! the longest post in gsmarena history!I know bro but I just had to let off a bit of steam - and unfortunately for all the Galaxy S III fans it's all facts.. I know the Lumia's not the most popular phone on the market, and somebody can give me and other Lumia fans a whole list of the cons of the Lumia.... I guess it all boils down to personal taste and what OS you feel most comfortable using.
Cyclist4Christ, 23 Aug 2012Okay, I'll admit, as much as I dislike Android phones, this is not a bad phone.... the other d... more1 Heard of cases?
2 There are no viruses for Android, and there are no more malware for Android than on iOS, or WP 7.5! And when Win 8 phones use the same kernel as Win 8 computers then you will get the computer viruses on to your Win 8 phone!
3 You can customize, or completly change, the user interface on Android, and there are many different cases that change the outside look of the phone!
4 The too sharp edges on Nokia Lumia and N9 and... also makes the phone very uncomfortable!
5 Microsoft was never ever good at making os for phones, they were even a lot worse than Symbian!
6 You can find "free" music services for Android and free sat-nav and very cheap, almost free, lifetime offline Navigation for Android, and S3 batterylife is far better than any Lumia!
7 The S3 camera is almost identical to iPhone 4S camera, and with free camera apps fron Google Play you can set any hardware button to be used as a dedicated shutter button!
8 16 Gb on the phone is not enough, and you can not install game-data... on the SkyDrive...!
9 Windows is even worse than Symbian, so it is not an alternative to Android or iOS!
Yes, buy an Android, because even a cheap Android will make you leave Windows phones forever! I would even buy an iPhone before wasting money on any Windows Metro-UI phone!
Anonymous, 23 Aug 2012Ur entitled to ur opinion but the s3 is the best phone on the market... period... go to any re... moreAnd you're entitled to your opinion that the S III is the best phone on the market.. everybody's got their facts and opinions, and I've also got a whole lot.
Cyclist4Christ, 23 Aug 2012Okay, I'll admit, as much as I dislike Android phones, this is not a bad phone.... the other d... moreUr entitled to ur opinion but the s3 is the best phone on the market... period... go to any review site and they will say the same..
As for the moto atrix or the ascend p1... 100% go for the p1.. I own it aspell as the s3 and it's an awesome awesome phone
Moto. Phones just aren't up to scratch in my opinion
Okay, I'll admit, as much as I dislike Android phones, this is not a bad phone.... the other day I played around on my one friends S III and then last night I played around on my nieces horse riding coaches S III. But I'm still happy with my Lumia 900 and I still wouldn't go for the S III.
1. It feels way too light in my hand and not very solid.
2. I'm still freaked out about that whole virus thing.
3. Most people are going for the Samsung Galaxy S III and other Android phones so I want to be different from the rest.. and Samsung having the superior technological equipment (only because they've been making TV's, Hi-Fi's, fridges, camcorders, monitors, DVD and Blueray players, speakers etc. for the past how many years?), so that's the only reason why they have the upper hand on most phones, because they're spoiled for choice when it comes to technology.... although Nokia's been in the phone business a lot longer than Samsung and most other cellphone companies, and that's why I stick to Nokia - if Motorola didn't go the Android route I'd go for a Motorola phone now because Motorola started it all, they brought out the first prototype mobile phone in 1973, and the first truly portable mobile phone in 1983..
4. You can't stand the S III upright on a flat surface or any surface to take a self timing camera shot.. if I want to take a group photo with me in the photo, all I do is stand my Lumia 900 upright on a table and put the self timer on the camera (thanks to the Camera Extras app from the Marketplace, free to download).
5. Windows Phone.. Microsoft was making operating systems long before Google was even thought of, so I stick to the people who've had the most experience. And I can't wait for WP8 to come out.
6. Besides all the lovely features of the Lumia, it also has an awesome free music service and sat-nav skills, and the battery can go a couple of days between charges.
7. A gadget magazine I was reading the other day said, "A dedicated shutter button and sensibly-positioned lens give the camera a mature feel, and though it's app is basic, the resulting stills are bettered only by the Sony Xperia S." .. and this camera and me are going to make many awesomely crisp memories.
8. For those who might be put off with the idea that the Lumia 900 only has 16gb internal storage, it's boosted by 25gb of Microsoft's SkyDrive could storage. Which I think is plenty for the average user.
9. It's a fine upstanding alternative to the iPhone and Android masses.
#### After some thought about Android, I think I MIGHT just go for an Android phone as an extra phone, but then I think I'll go for either the Motorola Atrix HD or the Huawei Ascend P1 ####
Dee, 23 Aug 2012That's s***t! I guess you got yours from network provider, I bought mine from oversea stock...... morewell yeah i got mine brand new for $445 so not complaining too much
fingers crossed the new update will fix this
Anonymous, 23 Aug 2012yeah ive done that mate... again it works for vids but for pics it seems u have to do it manually??That's s***t! I guess you got yours from network provider, I bought mine from oversea stock...original without network softwares and cheaper!
cell phones of samsung are worlds highst selling cellphones speacially in india bcause of the features of samsung phones. i am also one of the usr of it.best cell phone i hve ever seen