Okay, I'll admit, as much as I dislike Android phones, this is not a bad phone.... the other day I played around on my one friends S III and then last night I played around on my nieces horse riding coaches S III. But I'm still happy with my Lumia 900 and I still wouldn't go for the S III.
1. It feels way too light in my hand and not very solid.
2. I'm still freaked out about that whole virus thing.
3. Most people are going for the Samsung Galaxy S III and other Android phones so I want to be different from the rest.. and Samsung having the superior technological equipment (only because they've been making TV's, Hi-Fi's, fridges, camcorders, monitors, DVD and Blueray players, speakers etc. for the past how many years?), so that's the only reason why they have the upper hand on most phones, because they're spoiled for choice when it comes to technology.... although Nokia's been in the phone business a lot longer than Samsung and most other cellphone companies, and that's why I stick to Nokia - if Motorola didn't go the Android route I'd go for a Motorola phone now because Motorola started it all, they brought out the first prototype mobile phone in 1973, and the first truly portable mobile phone in 1983..
4. You can't stand the S III upright on a flat surface or any surface to take a self timing camera shot.. if I want to take a group photo with me in the photo, all I do is stand my Lumia 900 upright on a table and put the self timer on the camera (thanks to the Camera Extras app from the Marketplace, free to download).
5. Windows Phone.. Microsoft was making operating systems long before Google was even thought of, so I stick to the people who've had the most experience. And I can't wait for WP8 to come out.
6. Besides all the lovely features of the Lumia, it also has an awesome free music service and sat-nav skills, and the battery can go a couple of days between charges.
7. A gadget magazine I was reading the other day said, "A dedicated shutter button and sensibly-positioned lens give the camera a mature feel, and though it's app is basic, the resulting stills are bettered only by the Sony Xperia S." .. and this camera and me are going to make many awesomely crisp memories.
8. For those who might be put off with the idea that the Lumia 900 only has 16gb internal storage, it's boosted by 25gb of Microsoft's SkyDrive could storage. Which I think is plenty for the average user.
9. It's a fine upstanding alternative to the iPhone and Android masses.
#### After some thought about Android, I think I MIGHT just go for an Android phone as an extra phone, but then I think I'll go for either the Motorola Atrix HD or the Huawei Ascend P1 ####
Dee, 23 Aug 2012That's s***t! I guess you got yours from network provider, I bought mine from oversea stock...... morewell yeah i got mine brand new for $445 so not complaining too much
fingers crossed the new update will fix this
Anonymous, 23 Aug 2012yeah ive done that mate... again it works for vids but for pics it seems u have to do it manually??That's s***t! I guess you got yours from network provider, I bought mine from oversea stock...original without network softwares and cheaper!
cell phones of samsung are worlds highst selling cellphones speacially in india bcause of the features of samsung phones. i am also one of the usr of it.best cell phone i hve ever seen
s3 is one of the amazing phone of the universe iam using it and it works without a single lag
cant believe there is no auto rotate for gallery in the australian models!!! its BS !!!!
im planning to buy another phone and currently using symbian phone. am new to android and ios. can u pls help me to decide what os i should choose bet. the two. just the latest os itself.
Anonymous, 23 Aug 2012yeah ive done that mate...
again it works for vids but for pics it seems u have to do it manually??googled it... apparently its an australian model thing due to the on going apple v sammy thing!!!!!
grr sucks! hopefully the new update will fix this!
Dee, 23 Aug 2012Go to Setting>>>Display>>>Auto-rotate screen and tick it.yeah ive done that mate...
again it works for vids but for pics it seems u have to do it manually??
anyone know how to get auto rotate working in the gallery (i know it works for vids but not pictures) or does it have to be done manually?
Anonymous, 22 Aug 2012not sure but is ur phone on contract or was it bought unlocked? It's unlocked (straight out from manufacture) outright from website. I will never buy my phone through contract or from any networks.
Anonymous, 22 Aug 2012Provide info on your cell version & kernel.It's Android 4.0.4 Kernel Version 3.0.15-928452
Aj, 22 Aug 2012the update is from samsung to improve the performance of the phone and adds few extra feature ... moreAj thank you ,mate! It does updated my camera features. Do you know any other functions it update to?