I bought the Siii on 7/3 from Hong Kong, here's my thoughts:
- Super Amoled 4.8"
- Screen Mode (heard only avail. in International version)
- Quad core, super fast
- ICS 4.04 is smooth and bug free and Jelly Bean is coming
- lots of cool featurs as stated by Samsung; S-Beam, Smart-Stay....
- Great battery duration(especially with Power Saving mode ON)
- Battery access (change with extra battery)
- Battery charging time is much faster than Sii
- Photo taking is instant with no lag
- Video in 1080p HD
- MicroSD supports up to 64GB
- One uniform design across the globe as a true flagship product
- Stock video player plays almost all popular formats out there (ie. MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, RMVB...)
- Thin and light in dimension
- Apps download and install is almost instant but network dependent, of course (mine is a 3G international version)
- OEM accessories are available
- Center Home button is not convenient for one-hand controling; you may risk dropping your phone
- External speaker still not up to par with iPhone
- Didn't come with MHL A/V link accessory, come on!
- Only 1 GB RAM
- Photos with flash is too bright in some occasion
- S Voice is useless (try ask for temperature in London and will tell you ur local weather)
- Micro Sim card...I had to trim my existing full size Sim card
- Very very limited retail location for service and support
I used to own a Galaxy SL i9003 Hong Kong version. You will know the HUGE difference from any previous version of Galaxy. The touch are more sensitive. Design of the phone is really subjective.
Does the S III GPS run smooth? I have the S I and it is ridiculous, keeps loosing the sattelites... takes a life to fix.
Not tested properly.......I can say like no saving options phone memory or external memory.....when am in Facebook I do not get share options for photos......no demo video of S3....no games saved....n I need of downloading the photo editor....when I need to edit a pic.....In accounts and sync no options to top background data
Hello users, is this phone good? I never used any Samsung phones for 3-4 years...
You must watch this informative video about USB-masstorage... on S3, and FAT32 vs exFAT! www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2OA31HWyKw&feature=youtu.be
All my friends facing voice call disaster by paying this much of money for Sgs3. The same issue got on my Sgs2 wen I put cover on the back of the phone.wen it removes Mic works perfect.why don't Samsung closing their eyes towards such serious problem..why people are using for mobile phones the first thing is to make call, if its not possible no use. its better to buy laptops.
Abhi, 18 Jul 2012Very nice phone all features are greatDid u notice tht the receiver got lot of voice problem while calling frm Sgs3. I sold mine and bought HTC one x.its great ..
STJ, 26 Jun 2012I expected far more from this phone. It hangs often and restarts itself sometimes... Not at al... moreI've also thought about it. With that price we can buy new laptop!
Lots of negative opinion in here bout s3. Now I have doubt to buy or go for something else like one x for example > __
Gadgetmaster, 17 Jul 2012Sooner or later Samsung and other android phones will realize that having a high processor doe... moreSo Gadgetmaster.....how do you measure harmony? Dont make me laugh....he he
For those complaining about the tasks starting up on their own, read this.....
Android was designed from the ground up as an operating system (OS) for mobile devices. Its built-in application and memory-management systems were engineered with battery life as one of the most critical concerns.
The Android OS does not work like a desktop operating system. On a desktop OS, like Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu Linux, the user is responsible for closing programs in order to keep a reasonable amount of memory available. On Android, this is not the case. The OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed.
Having lots of available empty memory is not a good thing. It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data. So, like every other operating system in use today, Android does its best to keep as much important/likely-to-be-used information in memory as possible.
As such, using the task manager feature of SystemPanel to constantly clear memory by killing all apps is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED. This also applies to any other task killer /management program. Generally speaking, you should only "End" applications if you see one which is not working correctly. The "End All" feature can be used if your phone/device is performing poorly and you are uncertain of the cause.
Thumps up to Samsung. This phone is da one. l cn communicate w all my frnds w Android fone using Viber. if u dnt hv jus
pack u samsung..!!! i've got jelly bean on my gs1 now..you just lied to ur costumer to make market..!!! hope ur company burn to ashhhh....!!!!!
I want a mobile with ability to play games without lag(or less laggier) so, can somebody tell me which mobile has the best performance?
I want you to choose from One X or SIII..
I see that there is an advantage on One X for Tegra 3 but cant say much until i have actually tested it..
Any help is appreciated..