Anonymous, 19 Jul 2012This is the behavior of android. Application spawn services that is required for their operati... moreThanks for the info, I can understand certain apps. Thing is I don't understand why google + starts up, why does my chat on app start. Surely that should only start when I select it, I've not even used it before. Also the videoplay apps start...again I have not even used the app. Some could look at it and say it's actually a bug in the android system. As I say I understand certain apps starting up, ie mail and if I had widgets. For me there is no reason why other apps start up. Also can you explain why using an app killer srains the battery more? Logically for me the less apps running the less battery it drains!? sorry but I'm not exactly a pro with the android system and just want to know more.
i just bought samsung s3, i downloaded apps from google play store, successfully installed, but there is no apps appeared to the home screen..i uninstalled and installed again,still the same. nothing appear. what is the problem?
Anonymous, 18 Jul 2012Have to agree with you before i had the S3. I have tried all lower versions from single core h... moreall ios is doing is running an app draw. duh. its doing less and therefor requires less.
Anonymous, 19 Jul 2012This is the behavior of android. Application spawn services that is required for their operati... moreiphone works more in the freeze background apps more than running many. it runs a few and many people complain about its so called multitasking actually killing or freezing background running apps.
my cousin thinks that she's pretty when using the camera. probably it's either the lens of the camera has a problem or the screen.
Anonymous, 18 Jul 2012What really annoys me with this phone is the apps that start up in the background. I can kill... moreThis is the behavior of android. Application spawn services that is required for their operation, like push notification, uploads, sync etc. Its highly battery draining in the past.. but now they are negligible unless the app developer mess up. And because android do not have a common push notification like iphone, each app spawn their own implementation. No need to kill apps as it will drain ur battery even more.
Just to tell u .. iPhone ALSO have processes running in the background!! but they DO NOT tell u. Good thing is it is well implemented so u feel no drain on standby.
I bought the Siii on 7/3 from Hong Kong, here's my thoughts:
- Super Amoled 4.8"
- Screen Mode (heard only avail. in International version)
- Quad core, super fast
- ICS 4.04 is smooth and bug free and Jelly Bean is coming
- lots of cool featurs as stated by Samsung; S-Beam, Smart-Stay....
- Great battery duration(especially with Power Saving mode ON)
- Battery access (change with extra battery)
- Battery charging time is much faster than Sii
- Photo taking is instant with no lag
- Video in 1080p HD
- MicroSD supports up to 64GB
- One uniform design across the globe as a true flagship product
- Stock video player plays almost all popular formats out there (ie. MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, RMVB...)
- Thin and light in dimension
- Apps download and install is almost instant but network dependent, of course (mine is a 3G international version)
- OEM accessories are available
- Center Home button is not convenient for one-hand controling; you may risk dropping your phone
- External speaker still not up to par with iPhone
- Didn't come with MHL A/V link accessory, come on!
- Only 1 GB RAM
- Photos with flash is too bright in some occasion
- S Voice is useless (try ask for temperature in London and will tell you ur local weather)
- Micro Sim card...I had to trim my existing full size Sim card
- Very very limited retail location for service and support
I used to own a Galaxy SL i9003 Hong Kong version. You will know the HUGE difference from any previous version of Galaxy. The touch are more sensitive. Design of the phone is really subjective.
Does the S III GPS run smooth? I have the S I and it is ridiculous, keeps loosing the sattelites... takes a life to fix.
Not tested properly.......I can say like no saving options phone memory or external memory.....when am in Facebook I do not get share options for photos......no demo video of S3....no games saved....n I need of downloading the photo editor....when I need to edit a pic.....In accounts and sync no options to top background data
Hello users, is this phone good? I never used any Samsung phones for 3-4 years...
You must watch this informative video about USB-masstorage... on S3, and FAT32 vs exFAT! www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2OA31HWyKw&feature=youtu.be
All my friends facing voice call disaster by paying this much of money for Sgs3. The same issue got on my Sgs2 wen I put cover on the back of the phone.wen it removes Mic works perfect.why don't Samsung closing their eyes towards such serious problem..why people are using for mobile phones the first thing is to make call, if its not possible no use. its better to buy laptops.
Abhi, 18 Jul 2012Very nice phone all features are greatDid u notice tht the receiver got lot of voice problem while calling frm Sgs3. I sold mine and bought HTC one x.its great ..