I have a Samsung galaxy s4 black edition it was a cool and energetic phone. I am used several galaxy s4 with in a year but I didn't feel any type of problems.
It's a good and best phone.
why does my updated s4 alert me to received text msg, or email when there is none of either?
Abhi D, 17 Feb 2015Here is my review of Lollipop after two days of use - 1. Battery life is Worse than KitKat ... moreThey Also Have Done Same Situation Previous Model S3 I9300. S3 Have 4.3. At That Time All Want 4.4 Kitkat Update Because In S3 4.3 Battery Not Good And Samsung Dumped That Idea. So Beware And Wait Because "Lollipop" Not As Good Like "Kitkat" For Battery.
Really!! Whats happening with people.. i dont know why all the opinions are about black edition where is the normal edition ?
Those who are having battery issues after android 5.0.1 update just do a factory data reset all battery drainage issues will be solved
All who got there balck edition updated from service centre what are default wallpapers they have? Do they still have balck editon wallpapers or these arE changed to normal S4 wallpapes?
do connection to wifi has any problem in 5.0 lollipop update?
plz reply i am at present having samsung galaxy s4 with android 4.2.2 installed
The only false statements made by most of the users out here is that user assessable space reduced by 1 gb... Which is not true... Even now system is using 7.16 gb space and rest is being used by installed application's...
I'm from pune n previouly my baseband Version was I9500DDUFNA4 n now it has been changed to I9500DDUHOA1
Finally,I updated my s4 black edition from service centre , its very nice , all things work very perfectly but only the problem is the battery drains a little bit more faster that on kitkat and phone is much and much faster than that of kitkat ,there are no bugs ,works buttery smooooooothhh , overall after update its damn good or can say just awesome ... , I loved it , i recommend all S4 black edition users just go for it n update it from service centre...
A question to whom they got lollipop, does it has theme chooser like the one in the galaxy s5, thanks in advance.
akshay bhairumane, 17 Feb 2015I hv s4 black edition..evryone saying blck edition wil nt get d lollipop so i updated lollipop... moreWhen I purchased the phone, I noted on SamMobile that they segregated a different category for Black Edition. Difference is nothing but the Black Edition ROM would have some black themese. Now, coming to your battery issue - Check the following -
- Go to Google > Settings > Voice > Hot word detection ("OK Google) and confirm that the "Any Screen" option is disabled. It drains battery.
- Frequently close all running apps. To do this, long press Home button, go to Running Apps (Left most icon in the lower panel).. Click on "END ALL".
- For monitoring if any background app is draining ur battery, Install CPUSpy from Play Store. After a long usage of full charge (might be 16-20 hours), open CPUspy and check the frquency chart. "Deep sleep" (at the end of the list) should have the maximum value. If it is not, there must be some app running always in background. For farther investigation, you will need to root ur phone.
Here is my review of Lollipop after two days of use -
1. Battery life is Worse than KitKat (hope it improves)
2. Overall phone has become faster but there is homescreen and app drawer redrawing when many apps are opened up. This issue was not in KitKat.
3. Internal Memory has decreased by 1 GB
4. Screen Blinking issue is still present but intensity has decreased.
5. Expected Theme option in Lollipop like in new samsung phones but it's not in s4. Disappointed !
If you ask me, then Do Not Update now.
Maybe 1-2 more stability, bug fixing updates will improve the situation.
I have S4 Black Edition
I got my phone updated to Lollipop from service centre.
Took around 30 minutes only.
I was also having Generic Firmware in my Black edition as once the phone went to service centre the guys there flashed generic fw.
So i received update officially via kies and ota.
I recommend all Black Edition owners to get Lollipop installed from Service Centre.
I hv s4 black edition..evryone saying blck edition wil nt get d lollipop so i updated lollipop via flash i hv only one prblm batry is draining bt nt quickly..i hd blink prblm earlier after d update its gone thnks to d upadte..it was hot after d update bt nw its alright no heating issue..i lv d lollipop..samsung thnk uuuuu soooo much..way to go
Anonymous, 16 Feb 2015
My screen bleanks ...frequently....
.its happened when my phn at kit kat....
But same thi... moreSame here my S4 also blinks wen it was on Kitkat & now on Lollipop too. But frequency of blinking now is less. On 4.4.2 it was too frequent, screen use to go black with digi clock on display fr micro seconds..& it use to repeat after every 5-10 mins break.
Now it only blinks suddenly anytime.