dd, 29 Nov 2014Hey Shubham u haven't rply me yet..dropping tab plan
Which one shall I go for under 25k range... moreThe competition is between desire 820 and note 3 neo.
Now, GSMArena review isn't out yet. So I'd advice you to wait a few days. But as it seems from the reviews, note 3 neo seems to be the better choice. Also it has the s-pen.
Either wait for the review or get the note 3 neo. Sorry but I didn't see your comment and hence didn't reply.
Have a nice day.
Jake, 29 Nov 2014Hey guys can I use s pen on Galaxy s4No. You can't as S series lacks the wacom digitalizer found in the note series.
darkgamer, 29 Nov 2014I do not are about the launcher lag. That can be disabled using nova sure.
But the mali GP... moreHey Shubham u haven't rply me yet..dropping tab plan
Which one shall I go for under 25k range..HTC 816/820, Sony C3, Note3neo, Moto G(2014)..pls advice which will compatible SoC in today's Android world u think so..bcoz I cant change mobile or tab frequently..S4 is my best which I kept aside now its S3 which shud go
Kerchak, 29 Nov 2014the lagging issues in the tab S is mostly caused by touchwi launcher and that garbagy magazine... moreI do not are about the launcher lag. That can be disabled using nova sure.
But the mali GPU is really weak. See the benchmarks. There is a 5-6 times difference between mali T628 in exynos 5420 and the A8X.
You can try to convince me as much as you want, but gaming on tab S is a no go. The A8X crushes it.
This is also the reason GSMArena didn't even include it in tablet guide.
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2014What about Xiaomi?Is Xiaomi's phones reliable in quality? Because features-wise its price stra... moreI'm not a fan of xiaomi.
As I said, NEVER go with specs. Xiaomi phones and the mipad have great specs. But they suffer with insane amount of problems such as overheating and manufacturing defects.
Also if you get a defective piece, you can't exchange it as they don't have stock for replacement.
Don't go with Xiaomi. You'll regret.
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014Actually it's the overall experience that counts. Going by the specs will usually lead to the ... morethe lagging issues in the tab S is mostly caused by touchwi launcher and that garbagy magazine ux i own a tab s and as soon as i installed nova launcher all the lagging issues has vanished so i dont think the problem being the MALI gpu i agree with you in the part where u said the ipad air 2 is smoother but still i would prefer the tab s gorgeous display and some of samsung goodies like multi window witch is very useful on tablets
darkgamer, 29 Nov 2014For 8 inches, you have a load of options. 1. If you don't game that much with high-end gam... moreWhat about Xiaomi?Is Xiaomi's phones reliable in quality? Because features-wise its price strategy is very aggressive.
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2014Thanks DG.
I am looking for 8 inch tablet.
7inch looks too small for me.
Any suggesti... moreFor 8 inches, you have a load of options.
1. If you don't game that much with high-end games, tab S 8.4 is the perfect device. It has the best screen, great camera and compact body. Battery life is also good. The only problem is the gaming performance and slight lags. Also it has insane amount of features and fingerprint scanner.
2. Now, if you want to game and only game, look at Nvidia shield tablet. It's super fast in games.
3. Now, for a very well balanced tablet, look at ipad mini 2. iPad mini 2 is the same as ipad mini 3 except the touchID fingerprint sensor and is 100$ cheaper. If you want an overall great tablet at 8 inches, ipad mini 2 is a good choice.
Tablets if you agree to wait a little:
1. Nokia N1: An impressive tablet for 250$.
2. Nexus 9: I know it's available now but it has a lot of defects now which seem to improve slowly. If you wait for 2 weeks for the defective units to go, this is a great tablet.
I think I've covered many great ones but also take a look at this:
darkgamer, 29 Nov 2014It's better than the tab 4 series IMO as the atom processors are definitely more powerful than... moreThanks DG.
I am looking for 8 inch tablet.
7inch looks too small for me.
Any suggestion from your side on any of the 8 inch Tabby.?
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014You should have bought a good tablet like nexus 7 which is smooth. Samsung tablets are pretty ... moreSo which tablet u advice me not max than 20k my budget?
Apple m refraining frm bcoz of all limitations like BT & iTunes dependency..& if I think of SoC/OS outdating things..then every year I have to buy a new gadget..i wud better like to go wid a stable one..so which one u think z good..i have to keep my S3 as no one buying..if I exchange wid a retailer wud go for a Note series then & no tab..bcoz Samsung gives good service here in pune
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2014Hi DG.
How about Dell venue 8 tablet wen compared to Samsung's?It's better than the tab 4 series IMO as the atom processors are definitely more powerful than the midrange ARM chips in tab 4.
But the update support will be bad. The tablet is stuck on 4.2.2 and not expected an update.
I'd strongly suggest nexus 7 2013 in the 200-300$ market. There are great deals on nexus 7 ATM due to the black friday gone and cyber monday iscoming.
Dream-buddy, 28 Nov 2014I think tab s 8.4 is better than I pad air 2 ( resolution and ram far more than ipadair2)Actually it's the overall experience that counts. Going by the specs will usually lead to the wrong choice.
Let me show some facts to you:
1. iOS doesn't need as much RAM as android. 2 GB on iOS is more than enough. Because iOS doesn't rely that much on java and hence it doesn't have java garbage collector which needs more RAM.
2. I agree that Tab S has a much superior display. AMOLED is always better than LCD.
3. The real challenge here is performance. The A8x on the iPAD air 2 blows away the old exynos 5420 on the tab S. The tab S lags due to the bad mali T628 which can't drive that many pixels.
4. Also in real life performance, the ipad air 2 is much more faster and smoother. Plus the ipad looks better and has a much better construction.
If the Tab S had a decent chipset such as tegra K1 or exynos 5433, I'd consider it. But it lags badly. Also the exynos 5420 has no support for 4K videos but the A8 and A8X have. So I'll not have problem with codecs in the future.
Tab S is a good tablet. It just has a bad SoC and that ruins the overall experience. You can see the reviews. It really s*cks in performance whereas ipad air 2 shines in it.
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014You should have bought a good tablet like nexus 7 which is smooth. Samsung tablets are pretty ... moreI think tab s 8.4 is better than I pad air 2 ( resolution and ram far more than ipadair2)
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014You should have bought a good tablet like nexus 7 which is smooth. Samsung tablets are pretty ... morei'm reading your comments regularly, your comments and advices are always to the point and accurate. One question to you: should i buy ipad air or air-2 ? Please answer in detail.