darkgamer, 29 Nov 2014For 8 inches, you have a load of options. 1. If you don't game that much with high-end gam... moreWhat about Xiaomi?Is Xiaomi's phones reliable in quality? Because features-wise its price strategy is very aggressive.
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2014Thanks DG.
I am looking for 8 inch tablet.
7inch looks too small for me.
Any suggesti... moreFor 8 inches, you have a load of options.
1. If you don't game that much with high-end games, tab S 8.4 is the perfect device. It has the best screen, great camera and compact body. Battery life is also good. The only problem is the gaming performance and slight lags. Also it has insane amount of features and fingerprint scanner.
2. Now, if you want to game and only game, look at Nvidia shield tablet. It's super fast in games.
3. Now, for a very well balanced tablet, look at ipad mini 2. iPad mini 2 is the same as ipad mini 3 except the touchID fingerprint sensor and is 100$ cheaper. If you want an overall great tablet at 8 inches, ipad mini 2 is a good choice.
Tablets if you agree to wait a little:
1. Nokia N1: An impressive tablet for 250$.
2. Nexus 9: I know it's available now but it has a lot of defects now which seem to improve slowly. If you wait for 2 weeks for the defective units to go, this is a great tablet.
I think I've covered many great ones but also take a look at this:
darkgamer, 29 Nov 2014It's better than the tab 4 series IMO as the atom processors are definitely more powerful than... moreThanks DG.
I am looking for 8 inch tablet.
7inch looks too small for me.
Any suggestion from your side on any of the 8 inch Tabby.?
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014You should have bought a good tablet like nexus 7 which is smooth. Samsung tablets are pretty ... moreSo which tablet u advice me not max than 20k my budget?
Apple m refraining frm bcoz of all limitations like BT & iTunes dependency..& if I think of SoC/OS outdating things..then every year I have to buy a new gadget..i wud better like to go wid a stable one..so which one u think z good..i have to keep my S3 as no one buying..if I exchange wid a retailer wud go for a Note series then & no tab..bcoz Samsung gives good service here in pune
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2014Hi DG.
How about Dell venue 8 tablet wen compared to Samsung's?It's better than the tab 4 series IMO as the atom processors are definitely more powerful than the midrange ARM chips in tab 4.
But the update support will be bad. The tablet is stuck on 4.2.2 and not expected an update.
I'd strongly suggest nexus 7 2013 in the 200-300$ market. There are great deals on nexus 7 ATM due to the black friday gone and cyber monday iscoming.
Dream-buddy, 28 Nov 2014I think tab s 8.4 is better than I pad air 2 ( resolution and ram far more than ipadair2)Actually it's the overall experience that counts. Going by the specs will usually lead to the wrong choice.
Let me show some facts to you:
1. iOS doesn't need as much RAM as android. 2 GB on iOS is more than enough. Because iOS doesn't rely that much on java and hence it doesn't have java garbage collector which needs more RAM.
2. I agree that Tab S has a much superior display. AMOLED is always better than LCD.
3. The real challenge here is performance. The A8x on the iPAD air 2 blows away the old exynos 5420 on the tab S. The tab S lags due to the bad mali T628 which can't drive that many pixels.
4. Also in real life performance, the ipad air 2 is much more faster and smoother. Plus the ipad looks better and has a much better construction.
If the Tab S had a decent chipset such as tegra K1 or exynos 5433, I'd consider it. But it lags badly. Also the exynos 5420 has no support for 4K videos but the A8 and A8X have. So I'll not have problem with codecs in the future.
Tab S is a good tablet. It just has a bad SoC and that ruins the overall experience. You can see the reviews. It really s*cks in performance whereas ipad air 2 shines in it.
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014You should have bought a good tablet like nexus 7 which is smooth. Samsung tablets are pretty ... moreI think tab s 8.4 is better than I pad air 2 ( resolution and ram far more than ipadair2)
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014You should have bought a good tablet like nexus 7 which is smooth. Samsung tablets are pretty ... morei'm reading your comments regularly, your comments and advices are always to the point and accurate. One question to you: should i buy ipad air or air-2 ? Please answer in detail.
AnonD-336192, 28 Nov 2014Hello, I have Galaxy S4 i9500 with kitkat 4.4.2. i want to ask can i downgrade my phone to je... moreUnfortunately you can't. But kitkat runs so much better than 4.2.2, why would you like to downgrade?
dd, 28 Nov 2014Thanx buddy..but no one buying my vry nice condition 11mnth old S3..i already put Ad of same o... moreYou should have bought a good tablet like nexus 7 which is smooth. Samsung tablets are pretty bad and lag like anything.
I'm getting an iPad air 2 next week. That seems a very good tablet.
Also for cheap tablets you could have waited for Nokia N1 or the jolla tablet. The base model of nexus 9 or iPad mini 2 are also sweet.
There are so many great tablets out there. Why did you go for tab 4.
My suggestion would be that contact local shop owners and strike out a deal to sell them and buy good devices.
Have a nice day. Hope this helped.
darkgamer, 28 Nov 2014galaxy s3 has an outdated SoC. It will definitely lag like hell.
It doesn't matter from wh... moreThanx buddy..but no one buying my vry nice condition 11mnth old S3..i already put Ad of same on Olx..
looking 2wrds that i bought a 7inch tab4 so that i wil run all battery draining & heavy apps on tab & essential apps on S3..but seems buying Tab4 is also a wrong decision..pls advice (as my wife now uses my S4)
I have Galaxy S4 i9500 with kitkat 4.4.2. i want to ask can i downgrade my phone to jelly bean 4.2.2. please ans me.
dd, 28 Nov 2014Darkgamer/Shubham,
Pls tell me if its better to download apps frm Samsung Galaxy Store or fro... moregalaxy s3 has an outdated SoC. It will definitely lag like hell.
It doesn't matter from where you download apps from. S3 will lag in any case. Besides, google play store is not third party app store. It's official android app store.
If you use an s3, sell it quickly and get a good phone. There are cheap alternatives like moto G 2014 which will not lag.
It doesn't matter from where you download apps as the app is the same. The problem is the drivers. S3 has very old touchwiz and has cortex a9 processor which has very little support now.
In short, don't worry. Install apps from whichever app store you like. Just don't sideload apps from unofficial websites unless you're sure that it's safe.
And yeah, sell that s3. It's too old.
darkgamer, 26 Nov 2014I know they should. But they won't. It would be great if they do that though. Private mode is ... moreDarkgamer/Shubham,
Pls tell me if its better to download apps frm Samsung Galaxy Store or from Google store? Bcoz with outdating OS(like in case of S3 left at 4.3JB)& updating apps..system becomes laggy & apps run slow.
And wen we tell this to service center in Pune,they say we cant do anything b'coz u r using 3rd party apps(they mean downloading apps from Google store)..pls u or sum1 advice..I think its never talk over here