AK, 20 Jan 2014I have been using iPhone since the first iPhone ,now what I want to know is, is it worth repla... moreWell, look... I have both handsets, 4 years using android starting from the Galaxy S2... Now I have an S4 but I bought an Iphone 5S days ago to test it and decide wich phone I stay for daily use, Why? Because Im a maniac and power user that like to want the best UI performance like iOS or WP (Android or at least, the Touchwiz interface by Samsung its NOT SMOOTHER than iOS or WP, it LAGS often, even with the powerfull hardware), better signal and best battery life changing ROMS, Rooting and doing everything to achieve my goal.
So, things I like about the Iphone 5S over the Galaxy S4:
- A personal preference, but I dont like phablets or big phones... I'll prefer that phones with 4,5" screen size or less. Compact phones. So!
- Faster and smooth UI, really... This phone its FAST and never lags, Im impressed.
- Very stable, the call quality and the signal reception including Wi-Fi, its better.
- Apps are much better, I mean higher quality with nice visuals than Android (But most of them that are free on Android you need to paid on iOS).
- The new TouchID (Im dont care too much about it but...) its accurate and add some plus to secure your phone and purchases.
- Speakers, even its not stereo or dual-speaker (Like HTC One) sounds 8x louder and better than S4.
- Fast Charge
- Battery last longer in the iphone 5S than the S4 with heavy use on both.
- Your data its more secure on an iPhone than Android (If you know what to do to keep your data safe).
Now, things I like on the Galaxy S4 over the Iphone 5S:
- Screen Size, Its a pleasure to watch movies, videos, everything! But the colors are too saturated and need to put the screen option on "Natural Mode" but it doesnt accurate like 5S.
- Notifications its better for me on Android.
- LED notification light in front panel make you wont miss anything.
- I miss the samsung keyboard on the S4, you can swipe or just easy texting with an accurate prediction, plus have a extra bar of numbers.
- The customization of the desktop, options and apps of course, no doubt! Android wins on this.
- USB mode, NFC, Bluetooth transfer files without an App (Iphone 5s its too dependant of iTunes as hell, thats a big negative from iOS)
- USB storage mode.
- Universal USB plug.
- Plenty of FREE apps and top games.
The camera on both handsets are good, depends on how you take the shot (Light, focus point, etc)
My veredict is, If you see some of the points I wrote that make you jump from iOS, well test one of the phone of one of your friend first because Im liking the iPhone 5s much more than the Galaxy S4, for the things I said... Yes, I miss some things of the S4 but Im having a better experience on daily use with the iphone 5s than the S4, even with the cons. That's not mean than the S4 its bad but iPhone 5s are achieving my expectations of what I want on my phone. Maybe sometime I get tired of iTunes (Not iPhone) and that make me come back to Android.
Its really hard to tell wich phone its better! Go for the one that fit your needs and work!
Anonymous, 21 Jan 2014what's wrong with samsung !!!! ??? , till now i didn't get the 4.3 , and i'm afraid i will not... moresir the 4.3 was officially launched for S4 in November!
And As per 4.4 is concerned.... Its in testing phase and will be launched offically in few weeks!!
what's wrong with samsung !!!! ??? , till now i didn't get the 4.3 , and i'm afraid i will not get the kitkat version.
my mobile's region is iran , i don't want to use odin
i want it official :(
I got this phone on my birthday last saturday 18. Everyone is hating on me.
AK, 20 Jan 2014I have been using iPhone since the first iPhone ,now what I want to know is, is it worth repla... moreI got both unit and i can say that S4 wins. speed, screen resolution and the apps can easily download compared to iphone. go for S4
Samsung rushed out this handset - as such they have admitted faults with the headphone jack - battery sweeling - and internal WiFi apadter compatibilities...all in all it is a great phone but the fact they admit faults with it (which is actually something to be commended) shows that their product testing is not upto scratch!
AK, 20 Jan 2014I have been using iPhone since the first iPhone ,now what I want to know is, is it worth repla... moreHi AK,
I am using S4 from past 6 months and till date I have not faced any issues. I had used Iphones & Windows phones but Android is the best OS for customizing yous mobile. IOS is snappier and optimized OS but as you already know there is no question of customization.
If you already have a iphone 5s then its not recommended to go for S4. wait for some time and go for S5 or try Note3 if you are ok with the size of it.
PS: You will find a bit of lag using some apps in android OS (Less in Nexus phones compared to others) compared to IOS, but the freedom you get to play with your mobile is definitely worth it.
AK, 20 Jan 2014I have been using iPhone since the first iPhone ,now what I want to know is, is it worth repla... moreWell i have the 5S and i was able to use a Galaxy S4 from T Mobile, try apps and speed and iPhone wins I try same apps, all you are getting is a bigger screen, and as far as we see new iPhone 6 comes with big screen 4.7", get more info and see what fits you best
AnonD-222221, 08 Jan 2014Hi
I heard that If one person use more than 30 min of this cell phone it is will be hot and ... moreI have been using iPhone since the first iPhone ,now what I want to know is, is it worth replacing my iPhone 5s with the samsung I9500 galaxy S4?
Please answer if you owned and used an iPhone as a first phone for Atleast a year
Just sold my Xperia Z coz of below average battery life. Now am buying S4, Hoping it can offer what i expected. Don't let me down samsung.
pinklike, 19 Jan 2014hi, this is my first post ever. i have a galaxy S4 GT-19500. few days back a software update ... moreseems your s4 has become region locked - dubai where it was bought .. take it to local samsung service centre -have it region unlocked .. try a dubai sim to test region lock .
does anyone updated ur s4 to 4.4 from leaked version
bcoz m going to update ......if any one has done then pls suggest me
hello guys.. i got a new galaxy s4 .. i had 4.2 jellybeen and then the battery drops quickly .. and then i got an official software update of 4.3 and then the battery backup is great .. surely a fantastic phone with all excellent specs.. waiting for the kitkat update ;)
AnonD-159490, 18 Jan 2014Press HOME button and POWER button together at the same time or enable assistant menu under ac... moresimply swipe ur hand on the screen from right to left or from left to right..
hi, this is my first post ever.
i have a galaxy S4 GT-19500. few days back a software update appeared, i didnt asked for it, it automatically appeared and after i installed it. the network signal diasappered.
when I insert sim card it still says Insert sim card
android version has changed to 4.3 (it was 4.2.2 before)
IMEI is null/null or says unknown (but sometimes once a day it shows the imei for few minutes)
baseband version is Unknown
IMEI SV is unknown
bluetooth address is unavailable
battery has started draining early.
I have tried factory reset several times, inserted different sims,
I live in Pakistan and my brother bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 from UAE for me, so If it needs a warantty claim then I will have to send it back to dubai which is hard for me to do.