I got my China Unicom version GT-I9502 32GB last year summer straight from the carrier in China but I use the phone primarily in Hong Kong. I have to say the phone is pretty decent. I have not rooted the phone yet (plan to do that after warranty expires in two months). Several observations:
- WCDMA 3G is supported only on SIM 1 (data and voice); SIM 2 only supports GSM (data and voice)
- Could not get MHL to work (I read somewhere MHL is only supported on single SIM S4)
- The latest official update is Android 4.4.2 as of June 2014
- In-call recording is built-in
- No Google Play support on stock ROM (tried to install Google Play services and framework from third-party sites but the phone kept freezing, so forcing me to use third-party app stores)
- As with my GT-I9505, battery life is not quite predictable (typically between half a day to a full day - I do have many apps installed)
- One of the radios occasionally loses signal
- Camera works well
- This 32GB GT-I9502 is a lot better than my 16GB GT-I9505 in terms of app storage. I have not seen any insufficient storage messages when installing/upgrading apps.
- Because of the location and orientation of the SIM & SD card slots, SIM 1 and SD card can only be taken out with battery removed.
Can the phone use the google?
I have a 9502 on hand but I keep failed to sign in to google account.
I can't use Youtube, Google Maps, Google Play with signed in Google Account.
Anyone can help me???
It is good that it cannot keep both sims alive while talking, otherwise it would scorch your brain!!!
Cant keep both sims on. Start canceling one or both signals. What a problem. Sick of it.
Cant keep both sims on. Start canceling one or both signals. What a pain in the ass.
Anonymous, 12 Feb 2014Is both sims are working in this phone, when you are talking on one sim and come call on other... moreyes its function dual sim dual active
if one sim are calling then 2nd sim is not bizi
Iv got I9502 from China since monday. Due to root made by a seller the NFC now refuse to work (does not turn on) I made a flash with orginal rom or Sva Rom. Nothing helped. Also the battery life is terrible, 24 hours with no use, one day with small talk and e-mail. i turn to HTC One Duos, better battery life (2 days) but worst camera...
no. it has one main processor 1.6 quad core.all your app use this processor..there is a second processor 1.2 quad which is used for multitasking, for example you can open 2 apps at a time, both apps will take half screen..therefore one processor for one app.
but I have also heard that when the main processor 1.6 quad needs memory, it takes from the second one 1.2 quad.
plz suggest me which one is better s4 or xperia z,,i would like to buy a one which is better in all point of view..,,..,.
Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 . so it has 2.8 GHz processor ??
LCD Burned. GALAXY S4 GT-19502 does not exist in Iran. How can I supplied.
Is both sims are working in this phone, when you are talking on one sim and come call on other it gives beep or not? Plz tell me