i like the colors of L700 than the nokia 6300, the N6300 is tiring to the eyes!
I purchased L700 a few days back and i am very happy with it. At last i found a model of SAMSUNG which give Nokia Sony-E a run for the money. The design is very sleek. No bad edges, all mettallic (At least 70% outside) Looks elegant and expensive. I got it for QR 650/- in QATAR ( InRs 7500/-). I did not have a issue with the battery yet. I think that it will drain out fast the way you use it. Too much music that is.
Also if signal tower is far off it will run out faster. Anyway where ever you go you will find charger outlet nowadays. Yu still have to come back home once in 24 hours.
The only bad thing is the display...downright ancient.....got to go..... will post more in a couple of days....
We have 3G System Here and i used it to make video call and it is OK.
L700 doest not show both name and number of the caller together in case of an incoming call! This belong to very low low-end phones!
It looks like same as Nokia 6300.
I have seen that the only big diffrence is Nokia 6300 has 16 million colors TFT display but Samsung L700 has 256K colors display.
wanapa, 18 Nov 2008they say that samsung L700 is a clone of nokia 6300?As long as you find it user friendly, why bother about what others comment on the L700
gudfrnd, 17 Nov 2008Can anybody suggest. . .? Shall I go for L700 or SE k530i? Plz! go for the L700 or SEk660i not the k530i
docnil, 14 Nov 2008I am using this phone for last 1 month or so. Some suggestion for the buddies: 1. Exhaust the... morewith so many units to choose from, it's kinda hard...but after reading your posts here, the L700 gets my vote...tnx!
gudfrnd, 17 Nov 2008Can anybody suggest. . .? Shall I go for L700 or SE k530i? Plz! You won't go wrong with the Samsung L700
raymond, 17 Nov 2008Hi there,I was earlier posting an opinion about the battery life,well I have to say I was wron... moreGlad to hear that so which means you set it to GSM settings instead of automatic am I right?
Hi there,I was earlier posting an opinion about the battery life,well I have to say I was wrong.The battery now last me for 4 days.I changed the settings in network mode in GSM and that helped me increased my battery life.
@Yash and Anonymous,
Go to Settings>then go to Phone Profiles>Select the Profile, then Click Options on the lower left. Choose Edit. Hit the right softkey to choose Message Settings. Voila! you can now edit the tones.
For background music play, set it on the Settings>Application Settings>Select Media Player settings> Turn on the background play.
When playing music, you can hit the End call button to go back to main screen..
Hope this helps
werto, 14 Nov 2008I have this phone for a while. It's a nice one. I just have some problems with the text messag... moreInbox accommodates 200, other folders including sent items total 500 sms. you can save some sms in sd card & increase its vacant place.
I am using this phone for last 1 month or so. Some suggestion for the buddies:
1. Exhaust the battery fully, then recharge; it will stay more - it is not that bad as is portrayed by some users!!! Problem is, its software can not show % of battery charges remaining like sony erricsson.
2. Keypad tone controller is the volume controlling keys placed at right side panel.
3. Excellent interface with the software - PC sync, supplied with the phone. Everything can be done. Thousand miles ahead of SE & Nokia!!!
4. NO EQUILIZER!!! It was a real heart-break for me. Still the sound is good, I should say.
5. Intelligent calling - a unique calling feature. if u call few nos., it will suggest the no. a good feature unique in Samsung! Is anybody hearing???
6. Picture quality good (not excellent though) with many manual settings available only in higher digital cameras!!! Flash disappointing though.
7. In India, 3G not available - so no experience. But GPRS & EDGE is good, fast enough to download a page. Though no cursor available in the page.
This much for now guys. Bye.....
khawer, 14 Nov 2008how to turn off keypad sound L700?Unlock keys>increase or decrease volume keys at right side panel to increase or decrease the button sound.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I'm from Singapore so the phone cost me 250 in Sing dollars