Thanks @rai ! phew..love your nice review! ;p ehem..after reading it most of my Q's that i juz wanna ask had been answer. I'm juz thinking wanna buy it (white one is cute) but too much cons than plus point for me though :( so.. Now i know it's not too worth for me of buying it Xp
Can we install Real player in this phone or any other player where we can watch movies in full screen. please let me know ASAP.
Just one question for the people who have got this phone. Can you change the ringtone for the incoming message (message tone)? Bcoz what I know is that Samsung phones usually have preset message tone, meaning you cannot change the message tone, only the ringtone or the tone for incoming call. Please, enlighten me as I plan to buy this phone.
Ryo Jin, 14 Dec 2008Samsung GT-M3510 Beat b : Slim & Light Music Phone
Key feature :
- Slim 0.99cm & light 68g... moreHi,
i wanna ask somethings about this phone before i buy it...
1. Does its paint scratches easily?
2. Exter. memo. Is it Upto 4gb or 8gb?
3.Which one should i prefer nokia 5310 or the 3510?
If possible mail me : firstname.lastname@example.org
I haven't m3510 yet but i need to know can this model stored photos and videos directly from camera to micro sd memory card, or just saved on phone memory? thanks
P&P, 15 Jan 2009Is the themes changeable (downloadable)? Like nokia n se themes?@P&P
Themes are changeable. But, you're stuck with only 3 preinstalled themes. You can't install additional themes.
I bought this phone about a month ago (as a birthday present for my self :D). It's my first Samsung phone and the most expensive phone I've bought (I don't have the money to buy expensive phones even if I'd want to). I'm quite satisfied with my phone. It has most of what I want/need, especially the music player since I'm a music lover. I mostly love it for its stylish simplicity. Here are the good and not-so-good stuff I find in the phone:
- slim, simple yet stylish design
- materials used seem to be of good quality
- has music player (of course!)
- fm radio (for when I get bored with my music collection)
- 3.5mm headphone jack!
- support for album info for the music player
- i love the vibrant display. The resolution is very nice.
- good sound (for me) in both playing music and in calls. In fact, earpiece volume is a bit too loud for me. So, I usually use min setting when making/taking calls in quiet areas. Loudspeaker is really loud during calls.
- 2MP camera is OK for me. Pictures taken in daylight/bright surroundings seem good (for me, better than some of the nokia camera phones i've tried)
- i like the themes and the menu transition effects
- document viewer is a nice extra
- accelerometer works nice for browsing photos. Just tilt the phone to move back/next
- compared to my old phone, this phone has better reception. In my apartment, network signal is a bit weak, but, I still get decent connection with this phone (compared to my previous phone).
- not Nokia. =p sorry. Not that I hate Nokia. It's just that Nokia is a bit too... "mainstream" for me. I like to be a bit different from the crowd.
- back is prone to fingerprints and smudges. (and so is the front. But hey, I've never had a phone that didn't have this problem.)
- battery life is not so good. My phone easilly gets drained in two days with not-so-heavy usage. When I use it as music player, I'd usually have to recharge in less than two days.
- bad picture quality with dark places
- video recording not so good. Videos appear... "blocky" and videos recorded in not-so-bright places are trash (mostly just shadows and outlines). But, then again, this is a music phone!
- no option for installing themes... UI gets boring at times
- dedicated music keys could have been placed somewhere else. I sometimes accidentally press the "play/pause" key when I intend to press the "up" navi key.
- a bit difficult to compose text messages since input seems slow sometimes plus keypad is cramped. I sometimes accidentally press the "end" button when I'd try to press "3". Pressing the end button more than once will exit the editor and so you'll lose the message you composed.
- display gets a bit hard to read under the sun
All in all, I'm still quite pleased with this phone. There is one thing, though, that I find useless. It's the accelerometer for music control. You have to press and hold the "play/pause" key while moving your hand to change or play/pause music. Just pressing the back/forward keys is simpler to do to change music. Just pressing the play/pause key is simpler to do to play/pause music. It would have made more sense if motion control is active even with the keypad locked. Then you could just then press the play/pause key and twitch your wrist for music control - you won't have to unlock the keypad. But, this is not the case.
ringing volume is very slow and all righ hands free sound is very nice
last week i purchased. my experience...
Strong Points :
1.battery not bad.
3.ringing sound is better than before.
4.some customisation is available.
5.sound quality in handsfree(walkman)
6.weight & thin.
weak points :
2.slow interface(even 1gb mem.card.)
3.scratchable(like welwet) finishing.
5.no dialing themes(like quil pen, etc)
6.no backlights in music keys.
thats it now...
i will come back soon...
mail : email@example.com
well this is a music phone , atleast that is what it is targeted at,it fares well at that.It is a mid rangr phone....and still offers quite a bit.
lizard, 10 Jan 2009m3510! i have one of them! it can read office and pdf files but it can't copy/paste anything... morehow much are you going to expect from a cheap phone??.. i'm thinking of buying this phone just coz it's cheap and has all the basic things including the look of the phone isn't so bad..
hi! i ask to anyone serious and fair (has already experienced the two models) to make a short review with strong and weak points between these two cellphones. thanks in advance!