This phone sucks!!!
The battery power!
The picture quality!
I am not impressed!
I totally DO NOT recommend this phone!
I am not a satisfied customer...
problems with samsung pixon:
1) The hold button does not work and the phone dials numbers in your pocket.
2) The screensaver pictures can not be changed, so you have to put up with pictures of flowers and other crap.
3) There are no widgets and applications available for the phone what so ever.
4) The browser is slow and you could say useless and when you try and read the text it zooms in and out all the time, you can not view the text cause you have to scroll left and right all the time cause the zoom does not work correctly, so you end up not using the browser because it is such a pain to use and very frustrating.
5) The photo browse application does not work.
6) The on screen keyboard is crap. the dictionary does not work, does not store new words and it has a mind of its own.
7) The phone keeps turning itself off, (my phone is not faulty as i have had it repaired 3 times and it still does the same thing, they have even given me a new phone and it still does the same thing)
8) The touchscreen is very unresponsive and sometimes takes 3 or 4 pushes before it selects what you want to.
9) The messages, inbox, email, rss they have a limit and when it is full you have to actually manually delete them to clear up space, which when you have 180 sms in your inbox and you have to scroll right to the bottom and select each sms and select delete to be able to receieve new messages... pathetic.
10) the battery life is terrible, if you do anything with the phone, as in , listen to music, record a video or take a few pictures, the battery is used up pretty much instantly and if you have it full charged by the time you leave in the morning it will run out before you are ready to leave work.
11) Advertised that the phone can read pdf files, this is a half truth, it can open extremely small pdf files with no pictures, anything over 8mb in size and it comes up with an error.
12) practically impossible unless you are an IT expert to upgrade the firmware or even copy java games on to the device.
13) the camera quality is not that great, the video quality is good for a phone, high resolution, but the quality is not that great. just because it is 8mpx does not mean that it is going to be good quality, and i can assure you that a 5mpx cameras that i have seen far better than this samsung pixon.
take my advice, do not buy this phone, it is a waste of money and especially do not buy it on a contract or you will feel ripped off like me. :(
i've been loving samsung all this while....
i bought pixon cause i thought it was cool and stylish.
unfortunately, no wifi..
thought it was good touch screen phone with no wifi.
was quite a shame though.
Hello, I just purchased a Samsung M8800 Pixon and was wondering;If anyone had any complicants about the charger not being supportive?? When I plug the charger in, no sign of it charging unless I wiggle the cord, which I believe it has a shortage. Does anyone know if the batteries holds long?? Other than questions, Is this a Cool Phone?? Oh lastly if so, where can I purchase another cord?? Thanks JerseyGirl..
i wanna know how much is this phone in malaysia ringgit? can anyone let me know... thanks
Super Great phone, after more than a year of using it.
This phone is a LEGEND, the first of a great list from Samsung.
Nokia had the 6230 and N95, but Samsung has Pixon !
choi, 18 Dec 2009can we install wifi in the phone?No, this set dont have harware installed for Wifi :(
i have a problem with the camera flash
not working while some times working normally and for the first picture captured and then stopping again ?
Vic, 18 Dec 2009How to I turn on the 5.1 SRS? When the 5.1 SRS icon is red, it means the surround sound is on?To turn on the SRS sound function you must use the headphone
How to I turn on the 5.1 SRS?
When the 5.1 SRS icon is red, it means the surround sound is on?
Hi there how do i load the office applications like word and excell on it as i cant seem to find it on my phone. It is brand new got it on contract from vodacom. Please help as i need it urgently
what's the price of this phone? is the message capacity depends on the memory card or limited? pls reply
Had the phone for one year already, so great i don't want to change it for any other phone. But must charge battery nearly every day, and loading java games is difficult (but easy with TkFileExplorer).
Samsung is Great !!!