Does the Pixon12 have the same hardware as the Jet and Omnia II? (800MHz and Dedicated GPU)
Af ew more gripes... sorry to sound negative but these are real niggles and the widgets in theor current state are basically a gimmick with no real value:
When you recieve a text, sometimes you have to click the 'view' button twice on the popup that appears inorder to open the text (even though the the 1st press causes vibration and visual feedback indicating the 'view' button was pressed)
I had a missed call last night, which appears as a popup widget. Now, everytime i revieve a text this missed call widget appears, even though i dispel it everytime.
The memo widget doesnt link to the memo app in the phone menu. ie creating a memo in the phone app doesnt cause it to show on the widget.
The calendar widget, (which shows a month calendar view) doesnt show days containing events as a different colour, or any icon to show there is an event.
The Facebook widget doesnt show you status updates or anything, it is just a shortcut to launch the browser and load facebook.
Anonymous, 13 Aug 2009its the A-GPS function, it uses gprs to "help" locate your position with the GPSAhh that makes sense. Do you know how to turn it off and just let the GPS do its job? I cant find any reference in the manual or any of the phone settings to turn it off unfortunately...
what will be the new coming portofolio of Samsung in coming 1 year time ?
Wonder if others have encountered the same problem: "When connected to wi-fi, if i use googlemaps the phone also connects to GRPS for some weird reason."
yeah you can check/uncheck widgets from the list. they then appear/dont appear in the widget sidebar.
However there is no option to create your own shortcut widgets to menu items. And clicking on a widget from the sidebar desnt launch it, but places it on the current home screen. This means you can only launch widgets you are able to fit on the home screen. If all 3 are full (easily done) the only way to launch other widgets is to swap them out onto the home screen. Fiddly.
Quite normally, you should be able to choose which widgets you want to use ou erase. (Settings - Phone options - Widgets). There, you can mark all the widgets you want to use and disable the other ones.
Hustle, this is the kind of posting that we need - real experience with actual usage, unlike the meangingless words of some others. I await other users to offer practical solutions to the issues that you brought up.
I have had this for about 4 days now bought sim free from phones4u.
Im not overly impressed. here are the things really frustrating me:
- The review on here, whilst very in depth is wrong when it states it come pre-installed with route 66. It is on there but there are no maps and it asks for a voucher code or you have to buy from the store. There is no voucher in the box (UK).
- In the picture galleries you can scroll through pics by tilting the phone. unfortunately this doesnt seem to be able to be turned off and becomes extremely annoying, as slight movements trigger it when you dont want to scroll (ie if you try to show someone a pic).
- There are no widgets for tasks/notes/alarm, for me these are some of the main apps i use regularly (i dont see how a 'stop smoking widget' is deemed more useful then an alarm widget). It is not possible to create your own 'shortcut' widgets to items in the phone menu.
- When you try to load widgets from the slide out widget menu, they dont load but get placed onto the main screen over the top of other widgets. This means to use a widget it has to be on one of the 3 home screens and cant be laoded from the widget menu. If you use a lot of widgets there simply isnt space for all of them. Also when you try to scroll to the other home screens you always end up triggering widgets by accident.
- Battery lasts about 30hrs with few calls, bit of wi-fi and couple of pics.
- The camera shutter button always gets pressed when trying to use the screen one handed. it doesnt trigger anything unless camera is open, but gets very annoying clicking all the time.
- When connected to wi-fi, if i use googlemaps the phone also connects to GRPS for some weird reason.
- Camera is very good, flash is great.
If anyone knows how to fix any of these issues please tell me as it will greatly improve the usability of this phone.
Is it possible to sync this phone with any email client like outlook, gcal, notes etc etc?
Im new to Samsung(non os).
this is pretty much an awesome phone. it does everything you need. great idea. would like to see 12 mega pixel pictures printed out. glad they put in wifi.
a big mistake on MM8800. missing it out. cant say much wrong about it. it has all markings of being a amazing phone. we will have to see how it does against the Satio(Iduo) or whatever it will be called, and if it ever comes out this year.
Im glad to see someone else concerned with whether or not a phone can record phone conversations.
Can you record phone conversation ?
(because cannot dot it whith my Pixon8)
sarah, 10 Aug 2009does anyone know what the OS of Pixon12?read on, its a symbian
Whilst this has been with P4U for this month alone, are you aware that it is also with Dialaphone on the web. They've got loads of deals on both Orange and Vodaphone:
Got the Dolphin 45 (discounted to £35) which was free when I got it on Sat, now strangely has gone up to £49.99?! Oh well :-)
So far I'm really liking it, by far the best handset I've had so far!
Does anyone know what the video resolution is like when playing back something you've taken, or a Divx/xviD clip or a movie rental from Samsung's own site? Played Youtube on it and its OK, but certainly no where near as crisp as the stills...
sarah, 10 Aug 2009does anyone know what the OS of Pixon12?it has "TouchWiz 2.0 UI" it is not smartphone but is not less than this one
Normal program java+12MP+xenon flash+ Tvout+smart touch scren like windows vista +normal size no large like n97+Read offece+3g +Wlan
I just got this phone and it IS by far the best phone I've ever had, and I've had a ton of other phones.
I dont't really want to buy a 16GB microSD card but would rather hold out for the 32GB version which is coming out just around the corner. Does anyone know If a 32GB microSD card is compatiple with this phone?
Hope you can help a girl out:-)