i hope this samsung galaxy tab p1000 have their next official update to jellybean because im tired using the unofficial update 4.2.2 with their camera's problem and the same goes to ics 4.0.4 :'( now im downgrade it to stock version and hopefully samsung developers made an update for us :')
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2013I have this tab. It has only 444mb RAM. Can I increase this ram at Samsung service hi,
kindly install battery server aplication from google play / market and enjoy extra battery life and Ingreased REM usage! ( the REM can be repace but same caparcity or model)
dian, 06 Jul 2013may tab it was factory unlocked after my brother borrow,in the first screen asking no network,... morehi Dian,
*We take no responsibility if something goes wrong!*
How to unlock Smart Samsung Tab. Very Easy steps guys.
1. Root the Tab, I used z4root, it works fine, z4root.1.3.0.apk: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php ?t=833953
2. Install Super Manager as your root explorer. Enable root function in settings.
3. Backup /efs folder with Super Manager to your SDcard to be sure.
4. Open a copy of nv_data.bin in a hex editor. I installed HexEditor. Change 00181462 to 00 (note edit point is currently 01. It is the first two digits after seven "ff").
5. Open /efs with Super Manager set to Mount R/W and your modified nv_data.bin in the Root Explorer clipboard.
6. Rename or delete nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 and paste nv_data.bin (you have the originals in your /efs backup).
7. Reboot and test with non Smart sim, it should just work, although you will probably need to enter your carrier's APN info to get data working. /Settings/Wireless and network/Mobile networks/Access Point Names, create and save new APN like Globe or Sun.
No warranties please. But it worked fine on mine and its very quick to do too.
You should back up your /efs/ folder before you proceed as you may need this to undo if something goes wrong.
*We take no responsibility if something goes wrong!*
* Root access
* repair_nv_data.zip (Download)
* The Android SDK for ADB, Root Explorer or some similar file system explorer/editor
(If you have US firmware with no Phone software, you may need to flash European firmware as described here: http://www.thegalaxy...ke -phone-calls/ ).
Firstly, on your phone dial *#7465625# and check if the Network Lock is set to [ON], if so then your phone is locked (duh), so continue.
1. Use Superoneclick to root your phone or z4root. TUTORIAL and where to Download -> CLICK HERE
2. Either use ADB or some other method to rename or delete (backup first):
(I just used Root Explorer to rename them to something else).
3. Restart your phone and then go into the /efs/ directory and see if the 'nv_data.bin.md5' file has been re-created by your phone, as long as it has been created then you can proceed.
4. Download repair_nv_data.zip. (Credit for this info goes to helroz from XDA Forums .
5. Install 'busybox' from the Market. Once you install it, you actually have to run it and properly install it (the Market app is basically an installer) - the files in the above zip have a dependency on this.
6. Extract the above zip to your PC, plug in your Tab in USB debugging mode. Run the Step 2.bat from the extracted file. You may need to allow the script super user access several times. This should copy the /efs/ and a bunch of files into a directory with a french name.
7. Run the Reparation_nv_data.jar file. (You will need Java for this step.) It will prompt you to enter two numbers, which are your pseudo-unlock codes. I entered '11111111' and '11111111' (eight 1's) both times. This rewrites the nv_data.bin file to be simunlocked with these details.
8. Run the Step 4.bat. Your superuser app (the one installed when you rooted using SuperOneClick or z4root) will need you to allow each command to have root access so keep an eye on your Tab. You may need to press y/n a few times if you encounter errors. This is uploading the edited nv_data.bin onto your Tab.
This batch file will stop several times and need you to hit a key when it pauses. My Tab rebooted halfway through this batch file - when it did this I waited for it to fully reboot back to the lock screen before pressing a key to make the script continued while the Tab was actually able to respond to its commands.
9. Towards the end of its execution it rebooted a second time. It paused during loading up and had some yellow writing on the screen saying it was updating media (I assume it was rebuilding the nv_data.bin). Leave it for a minute and it will prompt you to reboot/some other options. Just press whatever it wants (home I think) to reboot the phone - you don't want any of the other recovery options.
10. Go into your dialer and put in *#7465625# again and (hopefully) voila! Your phone should no longer be network locked. Try a SIM from a different provider to make sure.
Credits go to smithdc from XDA Forums.
may tab it was factory unlocked after my brother borrow,in the first screen asking no network,i don,t know and i,m forget.so my tab can not use for text and call any more,would you like to help me what i have to do.i try put my pin still wrong,now only 3 more left to trying.
I have this tab. It has only 444mb RAM. Can I increase this ram at Samsung service
yna, 20 May 2013I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab P-1000, I am facing a problem of Battery charging. When Battery le... moretry to reset your tab to its original setting i hope that problem will b solved,or when charging shut down ur tab till ts full
Max., 20 Jun 2013I want to know if the P1000 O.S can be upgraded to 4.1.2 jelly bean.why
My P1000 won't charge. I try to charge it for up to 24hrs at a time, but once I remove the charger it drops down to 1%... My charger is working fine, so what can be the problem?
dandabara, 12 Jun 2013whenever im browsing with firefox it usally get stuck and go blind in less than 10min time and... moreDownload opera mini @ mini.opera.com and choise any vision you want to download thats what my uncle did
whenever im browsing with firefox it usally get stuck and go blind in less than 10min time and only comes back after discharging for several hours,please what is the cause and where can i get it reliably done in kano Nigeria?thks for ur asistance.
nakuru, 30 May 2013when i lost my original USB cable for charging, i bought the same one locally and now it only ... moreI had the same problem and had to turn my tablet off in order for it to charge, i recently had it rooted and updated onto jellybean and this seems to have solved the problem
Mark, 17 May 2013How does zoom in when taking pictures or making video clips? Apart from this small detail th... morewhen i lost my original USB cable for charging, i bought the same one locally and now it only charges very slowly with a red x sign at the battery icon on the phone. what could be the solution?