wats MIDI andVGA. but can i record songs and save them as my ring tone can i have a different screen saver on the outside towards d insid?
how much? can i record and put them as a ringtone? can i take pictures and put them as a screen saver? is there a internet? can i put pictures on the front screen different to the screen inside the phone?
The ringtones that it comes with are a bit pants if you ask me, but that is subject to personal view. You can use MIDI sounds as ringtones, lots of which you can find on the internet. The camera is VGA but pretty good. The video is one of those that seems to make up its own mind about when to stop. Sometimes you will get 2 minutes out of it, sometimes 20 seconds.
hi. I know you cant set your songs as ringtones.....but are there any good ringtones already on it.......how good is the battery..........how good is the camera.........and if there is video how long can you record for in one video????
No, you cannot set MP3s as ringtones on this phone - which is a bummer. The Samsung X680 is a very similar model, with near identical specifications - and it DOES allow MP3 ringtones. The X680 also has more memory, and it is available on Vodafone (still the best network in my opinion).
im really annoyed i luv this phne so much it is gorjus nd everythings gr8 but its doin my nut in that u can listen ta mp3's but cant set them as ringtones wot is that all about. my friend sed there is a websyt u cn go 2 4 ones that do work but i cant find it please help if u can xXx
When the phone is closed, press the up/down button on the left side for about 1 second. The front display will then light up for about 5 seconds, so you can view the time.
I have just got this phone as a free upgrade on the O2 network and am finding it ok, though there are a couple of problems. Like one of the other reviewers, I find the camera shutter sounds very annoying, but I can live with that. what I do find annoying is that the external display does not remain visible for any length of time. there is little point in setting it to show a clock, if most of the time you can't see it! Does anyone know how to get it to show a display for a useful time, or even to remain on all the time. My daughter has another, older flip-phone Samsung model and the external dispaly on that one is more controllable.
Just got this phone from O2 on thursady, now it's friday and it's going back to them.
The phone it's self is quite nice, light, not too small, clearly built well, screen resolution is a bit poor but other than than, a nice object to have in my pocket.
My main frustrations with this phone are with the software, and there are alot of them.
1) There's a screen on the outside. All it's usefull for is takin photo's of yourself, it'd be nice if it showed the time too.
2) it's an MP3 player, it can play MP3's. However, it refused to let me set one as: a ringtone, a message tone or my alarm tone. But it did happily play them. Thats just pathetic in my opinion.
3) ringtone, you get 3 options: play tone, vibrate, vibrate then play tone. Seemingly unable to do both at the same time.
4) the calender, i don't write things down in a diary because i can remember most of my schedule just by seeing a monthly calender view. But this one made my eye's hurt. The week numbers are blue, on a blue back ground. All the dates are written so they completly fill the boxes. Its not easy to read at all.
5) Bluetooth, the hardware for this was fine and easy to use, once i found the setting where i least expected them to be, hidden away in the bowls of the phone setup options. Not very convienient. And then, to my suprise, when transfering files across i couldn't put them where i wanted them to be. could only put them in a few of the dozen folders on there.
6) Imodes, not really a fan of the internet on a phone. I only use it for cheating in the pub quiz but atleast on my phone it was easy to turn off. On this i kept turning it on accidentally as the button for "BACK" magically turns into it when you hit the main screen.
7) the icons at the top are strange, i thought that the icon for "Silent but vibrating" mode looked alot more like a plane hitting the ocean that a crossed out speaker above some wiggle lines i assume mean vibrate. The alarm icon looks like a golden turd.
I wouldn't use this phone again unless i really had to. The only 2 nice features of it was that you could set the colour of the dialed number to any colour in the rainbow, or if you couldn't chose, all of them. And that you could set a recurring alarm for weekdays only. Shame all the ringtones on it are annoying as hell. But atleast it'll get you out of bed.
Hope this is of use.
I thought this would be the phone of my dreams. Small, sleek and all the functions I wanted. However, there seem to be BIG problems with the user friendliness of the software, it seems to conflict with the O2 network! And this phone is ONLY available on O2! I am often getting garbled error messages and random beeps for no apparent reason. Also, you cannot send MMS messages. You can only send pictures, etc by "i-mms" which is part of the O2 "i-mode" service - but this is a subscription service that insists you have an O2 email address to use in conjunction with your phone. I can't be doing with all that! In addition, I have just found out that O2 do not provide a delivery report service for text messages, so enabling that function is useless. Regarding the actual phone itself, only a few minor quibbles... The phone camera does not let you turn the shutter sound off, even in silent mode. I am not planning on taking secret photos of girls in changing rooms or anything, but I think that phone camera shutter sounds are pants. It is the same with the video camera - an annoying jolly bleep announces to everyone around you that you are recording. The selection of default ringtones are also pretty crummy, there is not one that an average human would enjoy hearing. However, the main problem is that O2 do not seem to have taken the time to sort out the software so it works properly with their network. I am really blue about all this, and I am going to sell my phone on because it is irritating me so much. Call me a fuss pot, but I like things to work in a fluid way with no mystery of what may be happening. I would be interested to hear if anyone else who has purchased this phone is similarly disheartened. I feel your pain, brothers and sisters. But some day, the phone of our dreams will manifest in reality. Keep the faith :) :) :)
Got mine from o2 from boxbreak.com great phone good camera. Quite cheap realy for what you get...