same as E730 just looks better, tho needs a 2mp camera and dual speakers
bought the fone unlocked on ebay. used it fine with my sim but no mms / wap / i-mode etc. Got O2 to change my account to an i-mode tariff. Now all my mp4's are blocked and its saying "sim drm activated" when I try to play them or set them as ringtones!! any ideas??
This phone is out of stock with o2 at the moment but will be back soon.
hi there. i have got a contract mob which runs out in about 3 weeks. i am hopin to get the samsung s500i but o2 have stopped advertising it on there site, erm does any one no why this is and if it will be out again soon as i really want it!!
so no one knows the video resolution on this phone?! wats the resolution of the samsung e720?
Does anyone know how to input the settings to get the MMS in the message file. I have the SMS and Broadcast but no MMS at all.
Also the battery life is very short. Does anyone else have this problem with the battery?
Hey, in reply to the problems some people are having with the flash, i've contacted O2 and they tell me its a fault with my phone and they're replacing it.... so make sure you all get one that works properly too! My battery life is also really short, but that might be my phone too.
Apart from that the phone is great. By using the samsung software to convert mp3s to aac files and storing them in the music folder you can use them as ringtones, but they have to be less than 300kb big. and i can't set different ringtones for different people, so if anyone knows how to do it please help!
I've got my s500i since last Friday. Well, it looks lovely and the problem with mp3 ringtones I managed by converting to AAC, but I'm wonder if anyone can use Alarm when the phone is off, because I couldn't. This is really annoying me.
If your looking for a new phone, Look no further.It is amazing!!! and O2 have got an offer on at the moment : 750 anytime min + 750 text/ or 1000 free anytime min + 150 texts for 35 a month!!!!! just do it (;
pretty nice piece of work..I have a few comments:
1. tried the 3gp workaround...but the sound quality is not as good. It does work though :)
2. This guy is light. My old phone was a d500 and it feels heavy in comparison. I am still getting used to the difference in weight. the build is good on the s500i, but it definitely doesnt feel as sturdy as the d500. No way the d500 is 99g and the s500i is 98g...more like 80g.
3. The screen is awesome. I have downloaded photos to this and when you hit the volume key while viewing, you can blow up the photo and then save as wallpaper. A very nice feature and it allows you to really utilize the screen space.
4. I am still having trouble with the mms set up and use. I am reading the user guide, but the interface seems much more complicated than the d500. My phone is unlocked (I love ebay, haha) and I have cingular, so if anyone is in the same boat I would appreciate tips on set up as I am using the tedious trial and error process with the info on cingular's support page.
5. Does anyone know if you can change the sms font? its awfully anorexic compared to the rest of the fonts used on this bad boy.
6. Is one side of the flash just a dummy? On close inspection, the left side seems to have a yellow color like the led flash on my d500, but the ride side doesnt have that, nor does it light up with calls or for the flash...is it just there for cosmetic purposes or are both sides supposed to light up (and blind my friends when I take pics)?
overall, I give this phone a thumbs up...it's a definite change from the d500, but the reduced weight, card slot and screen make this the lightweight champion in my opinion.
Can you only send multimedia messages through i-mode with this phone? My calling plan doesn't switch to an i-mode compatible tariff till Dec 12th, do I have to wait till then to be able to send a pic msg?
There have been many requests over the internet for putting MP3 ringtones on the S500i I have managed it but have had a slightly different workaround, let me know how you all get on with this method.
OK .. heres what I found. I had an MP3 and dumped it into the MP3 folder and it plays fine, but it wont set as ringtone. I then converted to WAV, didnt work, converted to AMR, same process, over to phone via Samsung software, plays, but wont set as ringtone, says not allowed. So tried an i-mode ringtone, subscribed for free for a month, and then downloaded the tune I wanted. Heres what I noticed.
The downloaded tune through i-mode was a TRUETONE, not an MP3, and had the file extension of 3gp !!
I recon that if you get an MP3 to 3gp convertor, then you should be able to convert your MP3 of choice, and dump it to the phone and use as ringtone. A little bit more fiddly than before but at least its a workaround. Wont be able to test the 3gp theory until I get home from work though ... hope this helps
when you convert mp3 to aac format, using iTunes, do the files have to be below a certain size for them to be used as ringtones? also, does it matter which folder you transfer them to (music, or other)?
this fone is lush, got it free on pay monthly with o2, the way to use mp3 as ringtones is to convert them to aac with itunes which then makes them accesible for use as a ringtone
Hi everyone, I have recently got this phone and I have a few comments about it. My first impressions were I liked it! very stylish design and the jet black finish i a nice touch.
I have had a similsr 'problem' with the flash on the camera - it only seems to light up one side. Seems to me like a design fault, but I've played around with it a bit and cant find a way to get both lights on.
One bad thing about the i-mode sites; it has a very extensive travel section - you can get live flights from any airport, but the thing I really need is live train times and I cant seem to find them anywhere!
I havent tried to set mp3 as ringtone yet, but will have to do sson cause to be honest, the preset tones aren't the best.
Generally, I am v.impressed with this fone. I got it on O2 £35/month proce plan and its a very good package I think!
Hope these comments help you all,
hi got this phone saturday just wondering does anyone else phone when you turn the flash on does only one side come on and is this a fault also i copy a sony from ituns to my music file to set as a ringtone and it said it was to big and does any one no how to connect to phone using the usb as it wont work on my PC thanks
ps i do like this phone