tom_bati, 21 Jul 2009I have the same problem as siddarth.....
After Flashing a blue and Orange screen comes up....... moreThings you will need:
1. Samsung USB Data cable.
2. Your "thought to be" useless phone!
3. Samsung star Firmware which can be downloaded
4. Multiloader v5.5
1. Put your bricked phone in bootloader mode by holding down the red power button and the down volume button at the same time until the screen pops up.
2. Open up Multiloader v5.5 and under the "control" box, select "BRCM2133"
3. Plug your USB Data cable into your phone and into your computer (at this point port numbers should show up at the very bottom and the Download button should be highlighted)
4. Check the box that says "Full Download."
5. Click the "BOOT" button and locate the boot folder which is located in the firmware file that you downloaded earlier and click open. (Note that the folder won't show any contents but the contents are there and will be used.
6. Click on the "Amss" button and locate the Amss.bin folder and then click open.
7. Click the "Rsrc1" button and locate the Rsrc.rc1 file and then open.
8. Click the "Rsrc2" button and locate the Rsrc.rc2 file and then open.
9. Click the "Factory FS" button and locate the FactoryFs.ffs file and then open it.
10. Click Download and the phone will then be reflashed. ( don't disconnect the cable until it tells you it is completed.)
i got the phone , it is brilliant , easy to use i had bad experience with samsung before but now i changed my mind ,, you can install softwares and games easily just send the file via bluetooth and voila!!! i installed numerous games and applications ,, but i have one inquiry can i update the phone software via samsung pc studio ?
samar, 29 Jul 2009Bro.. m askin d settings u've entered in ur cellphone.. type em properly... here.. Only one setting in mobile's browser...under browser -> browser profiles -> pocket internet....option is currently selected....nothing else...
can i play Xvid r avc1 codec Video files with MP4 container
am buying this mobile tomorrow
has any one watched full movies on this mobile??? pleez give me the video converter settings and software.... i once tried using a video converter but the video became laggy and the sound came later on the phone.....i want a video setting with which i can have a smooth flow of the movies
can i play Xvid r avc codec files with MP4 container
am buying this mobile tomorrow
hey dude u say the phone has 500 sms , i m havn prob my msg box gets full at 200 ?is thr any prob in the phone thn
My Samsung S5233a cannot connect with my PC even after installing the PC suite for it. Also, the data is not working after installing the driver. What can i do?
Suresh, 29 Jul 2009I'm trying with Aircel Pocket Internet....3 days scheme...created a dial up conn. with phone n... moreBro.. m askin d settings u've entered in ur cellphone.. type em properly... here..
Pete, 29 Jul 2009You make a good point about suiting everyone. So can I ask one question to you, I text a lot, ... moreThis is my first touch fone too.as my experiences with this fone...the screen is just fine..not to over sensitive n not either lack of sensitive...its just right..all u have to do is just get used to it.u can also turn on or off the vibe when u touch the screen...its fun n addicted....^_^
i can't use PC SUITE because there is a messag that requests the software MOBILE USB MODEM 1.0
Can somebody assist me please.
Thks in advance.
Rizi, 29 Jul 2009Brilliant phone for its price tag
nice and easy to use, just wish it had a stylus, would've b... moreWell...in my country,indonesia..which is in asia...this handset have a lil bit different code n feature..
here...this star is gt-s5233...n the great thing is....it have stylus n a stylus slot in the phone body....just like cookie
ive one unit...the snow white color taste like iphone...hehehe
again i watch another film in this phone, and guess what.. i just watch a AVC-MP4 video files, its great quality makes me wanna WOW
Pete, 29 Jul 2009You make a good point about suiting everyone. So can I ask one question to you, I text a lot, ... moreIt is easy to text with, you have the option of a virtual qwerty keyboard (which i have to be honest, takes time to get use to) or you've got the standard option which is in my opinion a faster way of texting than with a button phone because you don't have to feel the feed back, you just touch the screen :)
Brilliant phone for its price tag
nice and easy to use, just wish it had a stylus, would've been better to text with one, but then again, i can ues thr touch screen while i've got my gloves on which is a definet advantage
great all rounder, and the camera's decent as well :)
samsung star user, 29 Jul 2009I give Samsung Star a 9 out of 10 rating. A basic phone with useful features. Its very easy t... moreYou make a good point about suiting everyone. So can I ask one question to you, I text a lot, is it easy to use text with this phone? It would be my first touchscreen so I'm not too sure.
I give Samsung Star a 9 out of 10 rating. A basic phone with useful features. Its very easy to handle and navigate. The design is simple but stylish. One thing of advice to those who are planning to buy a new mobile phone... base your choice on whether the functions of a certain phone is useful to YOU. Make sure that you will be able to use ALL of it's function or else it will be useless and a waste of money.