forgot 2 mention a few more things...
1.do buy a screen protector once u pull off the one that comes with it. costs rs.100 in kolkata.
2.i'm using 8gb micri-sd card on this fone (nokia company 8gb memory card... hehe)
3.i have about 700 songs, 300 music videos, 5 movies (converted to lower bitrate and size 240*320 in mp4 format)... superb quality... no lag in functions with 8gb or with music player running in the background.
4.do check that the battery provided is 1000mah.
Heyloo...i got this phone 4 days back for 9200 including a 2 gb memory card(bought it seperately)...the best phone in this range and has amazing battery backup...especially with arund 50 sms and 7 hrs of chatting on da phone...lasts around 2 days...
1.)I wuld like to know if we can connect the device to pc and use internet widout gprs..i use a data cable internet connection ..???
2.)If we can read .doc and .xml or .pdf files on the phone..???
Reply awaited asap...
this is my 8th phone. i've written a lot in gsmarena for other fones that i've used. now my latest phone is samsung star. if u have any probz... post it...
1.its a superb fone. all in all... n i say this after having used top-class fones from nokia n sony n motorola. (this is my first samsung fone)...
2.user friendliness is top-class... never expected samsung to come up with such mavellous softwsre ideas...
3.music is superb... i'm using a creative ep-630 sound cancellation headphone after connecting it through a 3.5mm adapter (i got it in chandni chowk, kolkata).
4.watching videos is a treat wid dis fone... superb quality... n wat i love is, unlike nokia or sony, u don't have to check the battery after every 2 or 3 videos... battery backup is best in the market.
5.i dont know if 10 hours talktime is correct (as mentioned in specs in gsmarena) but i talked continuosly for 5 hours wid a friend, n the battery was still showing full battery. i just could'nt believe this...
6.i love the way u can pull out widgets from da sidebar... if u want show-off n usefulness, this is a classic stylish feature!!
7.there is no flash, but with night mode on, it can beat nokia's carl zeiss optics wid flash in dim light. superb camera.
8.love the way u can scroll through pictures with finger or just by tilting the phone in any direction.that's really sexy...
9.battery battery battery battery... battery on this set is a dream come true... with 4 hours per day calls, about 80 sms per day, 2 hours music, 1 hour videos, battery lasts 2.5 days. my god. its awesome.
now for the cons:
1.for going back, u have to press the back key, there's no touch-option for backing. dats irritating at times.
also no touch option for receiving or ending calls. have to press the keys n as they are way down, its irritating at times.
2.no customizable equalizers. but audio quality is superb. my previous nokia 5300 and n91 had far better sound with external headphones.
3.if the screen protector comes off, screen looks really ugly with finger prints all over, when backlight has turned off.
4.no memory card with package. have to buy separately.
5.themes n games still not available on the net.
Pinky, 15 Jun 2009I have brought it last week, there's no doubt that this piece is an amazing one, but i have a ... morego 2 settings.....>phone settings.....>pc connections.....>den select ask on connection....>den when u connect ur fone 2 ur pc select mass storage ....
briggy, 15 Jun 2009i think for your usage, minimum 2 1/2 to 3 days. very good bat life in starThanks Briggy, that sounds a good improvement. Even better than my Sony C510 which is a dissapointing 2 days max.
Phil, 15 Jun 2009Does it have 3.5 mm headphone jack?No 3.5 mm jack, but i guess u can get a converter.
Guys, in real terms how long does the battery last for? I make maybe 20mins calls, send 50 texts and browse online 20mins a day? My Pixon lasted just about 1 day, hoping this lesser spec would make it last longer, let me know please.
Anonymous, 14 Jun 2009hey vl your query really concerns me.......if all the messages get stored in the sim card then... morei tried reinserting the sim card and after a few restarts, i can finally move messages from sim to phone but only one by one..i think the problem was with the sim card..
and note that sim card is still the primary storage for messages so messages will still be saved into sim card before the fone memory..
hoping that samsung will have an upgrade on its messaging and transfer of files...
I have bought this phone 15 days a go nice phone i have ever seen in my life but only thing that i dont like is it do not have wifi
battery backup is so good that i cant say
all functions are cool and a hot phone
please go and buy now if u r thinking
Soham, 15 Jun 2009Hey guys I want to knw something from some Indian Users....
1.Does the Box Come with a sylu... moreHi Soham,you get a stylus for this which will be hangable to the body of the mobile, it does'nt have stylus holder inside the mobile body,And no memory card comes with this mobile, u need to buy it seperately.
The price may probably decrease in next 3-4 months.
I have brought it last week, there's no doubt that this piece is an amazing one, but i have a concern here,when i try 2 transfer files through bluetooth to this mobile these are stored in phone memory which is now full, i am not knowing how to set my memory card as a default memory for bluetooth transfers.
Or atleast could someone help me to move these file to memory card, it shows the option as move but in the destination list memory card is not available.plz help
Dabbu, 15 Jun 2009Alraedy write some good bad points.
Few more drawback concluded here
1. Yes, no way to stop ... moreWE'll comin to ur points.. 1.. U can silent d keypad tone as well as d vibration without changing d profile.. all u've to do is while on d standby mode( plain desktop) press d lower volume rockr button.. n a vol screen pops up.. no u can mute it completely.. n der's one more option der, for vibration, click on it n den reduce it completely.. here u go.. no more irritating keypad tones n vibration...
2. About d play pause thing,, it works well but u need to b patient.. after all its not a 2.66 Ghz processor like a pc.. its a celphone afterall.. so waitin a bit makes no harm.. n d phone works very well.. plays good xvid.. although no .avi.. but convert it to .mp4.. hardly casues any loss of picture quality..
3. Bout d SMS.. i'll tel u d proper specs.. d phone has 500sms memory ( 200inbox, 200outbox, 100draft) n i don kno what's d fuss bout saving sms's.. u guys go for nokia n-series if u wanna have loads of sms space.. but as for samsung, dis phone is d best as it can get... although.. der're ways where u can crack d sms setting, but it'll void d warranty n i'd doubt anybody will wanna void d warranty..
4. The battery back up is very good.. n trust me comes from an Avid Sony Ericsson Walkman user.. i had a w700i b4, battery was like good but had to charge it everyday as i used to listen to a lotta music.. as for dis phone.. i do listen to a lotta music in dis now,, n d battery comes like 2days seamless.. n d battery doesnt die like mentioned.. d screen goes dim n tries to save as much power till u charge it.. a good feature in samsung.. coz in d other manufacturers,, wen d battery is low.. d phone goes off immediately.. almost without warning..
5.N bout d Java.. i've already mentioned earlier.. its not a gaming device.. u guys can buy a PSP for d same price as dis phone if u wanna play handheld games.. n ya.. if i try to crack d gaming i'll surely pass it on..
6.. N finally. for all u guys wanting a point to point description... Dis phone is absoultely a marvel.. i mean comin for such a low price,, u cant ask for anythin more.. good touch response,, good cam quality( although not in night as der's not LED flash), good music quality as DNSe is a beauty... good Video quality.. all in all, its a good phone.. anybody who wants more.. r free to venture into somethin else.. but my opinion is dis phone is worth it..
Hey guys I want to knw something from some Indian Users....
1.Does the Box Come with a sylus and 1 gb card....
(Bcoz some webites say it does some say does not)
2.What its price & will it depreciate further
i have this phone for 3weeks now, the phone ise very good. for me is one of the best design, the features of the phone is excelent and also performance even the omnia i-900 does not have so good touch screen. thanks.
andyr, 15 Jun 2009can u use mp3 for sms message tone? - pretty tempting to get this fone although i have the lg ... more1.U can use .mp3 as message tone
2.Pictures not looking great. But Okei.
3.Data cable is provided with pack
Alraedy write some good bad points.
Few more drawback concluded here
1. Yes, no way to stop kep pad tone except silent mode. Or to modify some existing pfofile to your prefered one. As all profiles don't have same settings to modify.
2. Yes, msg default storage is SIM. Even if you choosed the prefered memory to phone. There is a option to move one by one mesage to phone. There is one option to move all in onego to your created folder. But as my side msgs are not highlighted and in disable mode in that list so can't say about the option.
3. Mugic player have gap in key responce. Also pause play don't work always.
4. Battery life is good but somtime it shows sudden end. It might be battery indicator is not always point to right battery charging.
5. Even from GPRS no JAVA application can install. You can only install some games only.