I just got this phone yesterday and I'm very happy with it. It has a stylus compartment on the upper right side. Earphone sound quality is excellent. Touchscreen keypad is also excellent, you just have to calibrate it correctly on the settings. You can also drag the widget icons on the screen to create a shortcut for apps. Battery also has a very long life. Java ganes run fast as well. QWERTY keypad is very nice to use but again, make sure you calibrated the touchpad correctly.
hey guys i am in a great confusion.
should i buy nokia 81 or s 5230?
does the sound quality and loudness of this phone better thn nokia n-81?
does this phone support themes?
how's the battery backup of the phone?
plz do reply.......
No 3G ,No Flash total waste of Money !
As far as my concern plz plz plz buy Nokia 5800 Xpress coz its far better than this mocca fone ! ! !
URGENT REPLY IS APPRECIATED>>>>>>...really looking forward to this phone.... going to buy in 1 or 2 days.i just wanna know very clearly about battery performance and music quality in earphones as well as speakers?Since the battery back up n other battery related issues of samsung phones is generally poor...plz i would like to know from the users about the above issues>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didnt get a stylus in my box, I guess it doesn't come with all of the phones-strange!
Hey guys, any experience with word/excel/pdf documents? Is it able to read them at all? If yes, is there a size limit? Thanks in advance.
anyone please let me know that from where i can download videos for this fone???????
i m kinda confused .. y is it like someone got stlyus in there box.. some dont got stylus in there box..
y is it like this..
can anyone explain..
Anir, 21 May 2009Can u plz lemme know how to find the qwerty keyboard??? Thanx in adv.it has a QWERTY keyboard.Just place it horizontally while typing.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970They're almost identical, even down to the dimensions. There really is little to choose from, just look at them both and see which has the features you're most likely to need/want.
Anir, 21 May 2009Can u plz lemme know how to find the qwerty keyboard??? Thanx in adv.Apparently you just turn the phone on it's side when sms-ing.. Vertical gives you a standard vertical touchpad (as on normal phones) and horizontal gives you a qwerty keyboard. S'all in the review guys :)
Does it support Voice recording for a phone call? What't the maximum duration? Does it beep every few seconds like Nokia phones when call recording is in progress? Please let me know.
i am really looking after to this phone...i just wanna know very clearly about battery performance and music quality in earphones as well as speakers?Since the battery back up n other battery related issues of samsung phones is generally poor...plz i would like to know from the users about the above issues?
Wiz, 21 May 2009Does this phone has 3.5mm audio jack? thank you.no 3.5mm jack.. just got the phone yesterday! =P
Anonymous, 20 May 2009No there isnt a stylus!look in the pics there is 1 u bell end!!
No stylus in the box but it's a brilliant handset, really good value for money.
Himanshu, 18 May 2009Any one using the phone can you tell me if this syncs with Microsoft Outlook on the PC? Also, ... moreHi Himanshu,
The phone does sync with outlook. But there seems to be some limitations. For Recurring appointments, only the next appointment is shown. (e.g. if you have an appointment on every monday for the next 5 weeks, only the next monday's appointment will be shown) There seems to be some kinks, but will only figure out if they are defects or features after some extended use :)
2. The phone does come with a stylus, but only a dongle one. Does not fit into the phone. But i feel you dont need a stylus at all. I havent used it AT ALL. Its not even come out of the box yet :)
There seems to be no good review available at the moment, hence decided to put my views on this to paper... well... screen. :P
1. The phone comes with a "dongle" stylus. There is no place to fit it within the phone. It sort of hangs from a notch. But i personally havent even touched the stylus. The finger touch is pretty good. You need to get used to it a bit. A hint : Try using the finger tips, instead of the nails. It allows scrolling much easier, just like iPhone. My rating : 4*
2. The Camera is decent. No flash. Very limited photo-editing. My rating: 3*
3. The full Qwerty keyboard is just AWESOME! Very useful! Just turn the phone on its side! My rating: 5*
4. The accelerometer works, but slightly "moody". A little patience is required here. Rating: 3*
5. PC suite. NOT good. Very fixed. Cannot copy movies directly to the memory card, as far as I can see. (If somebody knows how to copy a movie/video bigger than 100MB directly to the mem card, please let me know). Rating: 2*
6. Battery. Decent. 1 and half / 2 days approx.
7 Cool feature. 3 "desktop"s, like linux machines. You can have diff widgets open on diff "desktops". Niiice! I have a Maggie Q walpaper... the first "desktop' has her face, and then you slide into the next desktop to see... more ;)
8. Price. Pune- Rs 9500 plus/minus Rs.100
Mumbai - Alfa - Rs 9250. Others should be around 9500.
Hope this helps!
i am from malaysia and have been using the phone for the last 4 days. It's just great. Value for money. However, i have problem with the PC suite. I installed in my computer (window vista). When i open the pc suite, there is some problem with the program and it close down automatically. Can someone please advise