Thx for such detailed review. I just wanted to Buy samsung for its Inbox password lock/ file lock facility. Which Is really good thing.
Sonyericsson phones are gr8 in terms of UI,camera and sound quality all but doesnt offer Inbox password lock facility.
N Nokia is always all BETTER only..but Not BEST..camera dosent offer that quality..Sound quality is OK..
But now will go for nokia c5 (after release) only which is offering alot features in bit higher price than samsung.
Personally I dont have much craze for touch phones for now. I want cell for messaging more than calling. Thats why I searching that kind of phone
I have some Qs:
1. how much messages it can store in inbox? and total?
2. Does It available in other colors?
3. Which Other Cell Phone company gives Inbox message Lock Facility other than samsung? In nokia through software is it possible to lock Whole inbox?
Is this phone having an autofocus camera.How's the camera,video recorder and loudspeaker sound of this phone pls do reply thanks in advance
this is a very good phone i bought it 1 month ago . it is a good phone with no problem and i like this phone
very good mobile overall. Battery very good. Headset quality after changing to plug type is awsome. Camera clarity at day is super.
My Experience with Metro :-
For the past 2 years, I was using NOKIA xpress music 5220, The only
drawback is, it is not a 3g enabled phone. I am using BSNL connection and
they are providing 3G services here. Hence i was in search of affordable
3g mobile. I am not interested in China brands as their quality and
features are very mediocre. After searching the net & enquring some shops
near by i short listed 2 models. Samsung Shark s5350 (Metro 3G in India)
and Sony Ericssion Naite.The Samsung S5350 is selling for 5850/- and Naite
for Rs.5800/-. After reading the reviews and speciation I decided to go
Before using My current Nokia phone, I was using Samsung J210 which is very
basic & buggy model. So after using it for 3 months i exchanged with Nokia
5220 XM. I thought that this latest model from samsung may give me
different experience compare to my old J210. But after a long periods of 2
years, this Shark 3G hasn't changed much except in looks, inclusion of
3G,slight UI changes & 3.1 MP. The user interface is the sames as the
Samsung U800 Soul which released in July 2008 Some limitations which
samsung phones UI are still there. I am very much regret for going for
this model. Here is my experience
Phone :- One of the major reason for choosing this Samsung model is its
which will attract anybody. It is also well build.
1. Using Samsung proprietary port for charging, Data transfer & music. All
these share only one port.
2. The back metallic cover is easy to open. may get loose in frequent
3. Mem card slot is under the back cover. Need to remove the cover to
insert and remove the card
4. To insert the Sim card you need to remove the battery first which will
erase all the call history.
5. The battery is only 900mH. So battery backup will be less.
6. No protection for camera lens
7. No "Cancel/Clear" key which is very commen in samsung phones
8. Though keypad is looking great but typing is quite hard. So composing a
long mail pain taking task.
OS:- Compare to nokia, Samsung OS very basic and not improved much since my
last model. (I am not talking about Touch phones). Samsungs proprietary OS
had many limitations. But nokia phones are running Symbian OS which very
easy and can handle files and folders just like we are using in a Computer.
It is fully support memory card & data.
In Samsung phones you can't install/access a game or an application
in memory card.It will installed only in your phone memory which is very
limited. Another hitch here is these java games & applications should be
signed to be get installed.
Software (OS) limitations
1. No active standby option (You cant views task/schedules/appointments in
2. No searching in folders (In nokia open a folder and just tipe first
letter of file it will list all files begin with that word)
3. Menu icons shown cannot be customise or rearrange
4. No Notepad (You can't make any notes and save as file
5. No Go to menu option.
6. No option to modify Right & Left selection key shortcuts
7. No voice recognation feature.
8. Slow UI
9. If we we remove the mem card the the default memory for saving photos
and file will be automatically chage to phone memory. And after putting mem
card back we manually need to change this to mem card in phone settings
which is very irritating.
10. No Call recording feature.
12. Message capacity is 200
14. Internet browser is very sluggish
1. If a song Opened direcly from from a folder. The player won't run in a
2. The music player is very basic. It doesn't have graphic equliser.
3. The lack of search facility in folder will surely irritate anybody.
Though it can handle 16 GB card . How can anybody search for particular
song name in a folder containing hundreds of songs?
3. Song information will display in 3 tab screens
4.If songs are not properly tagged, Browsing thru various catagories in
music player like Artists,Albums,Genres will show false results & names.
1. Thouch it had 3.2MP Camera. Night & dim light photos are horrible.
2. Zooming is possible only in VGA mode (640x480 res.)
3. Video recording is very basic.
4. Lack 3.5 jack is very disappinting. Only samsung earhones will be
1. Though it can handle all the events. But this won't display in standby
screen, or below the calander. SO you should click inside the particular
date in the calander to see the each events/schedules. There is a limit of
100 events in each catogory.
Games & Applications:-
1. All the pre installed games are demo version.
2. Installing games need to be signed and will consume phone memory.
3. No external Theme support (Though You can create your own themes).
4. No currency converter.
I request all the nokia/SE users not to go for Samsung models.
can anyone tell me, how can i store messages of my mobile in my SD card, becoze there is a option present in samsung-5350, but how can i use? i don't know So help me.
I Love This Shark S5350.....
Its sooooooooo beautiful & stylist phone...
It's Battery backup is soooo good... Its picture quality is so good. But you can not capture photo on low light...
You can no go to menu, when you are on air... so you could not record your call...
Sorry you can not record your call when you are on line...
It's Bluetooth is very very slow...
nice camera, nice looks, nice built.......
inbox can hold only 200 sms...........
whenever sending single sms to multiple contacts, u have to wait until all get sent..... sending.... sending.... sending.... sending.... sending....
hye i am manish ,please tell me about s 5350 shark that, can it record voice call during call
sure rockey it will satisfy ur needs...its music sound quality i superb in head phone... n battery back up is