I have been using Monte for last 9 months. It is a very good phone in the price if you don't bother about the things which are bad listed below.
This review is exclusively for indian customers.
2. Camera Clarity in daylight.
3. Music clarity with headset.
4. the touch screen (capacitive)
6. Battery Backup
7. Small size
8. google maps
1. Messaging is really troublesome job.
2. No QWERTY keypad.
3. Video player doesn't have different aspect ratios, so some of the videos are expanded/contracted.
4. We can not play songs according to the album.
If we want to do so, we need to create each playlist for each album (A complex job).
5. The missed call notification won't go until we dial back atleast once.
6. The default number is not taken as default number for messages and we need to choose it manually, and a horrible job.
7. ringing volume and vibration are moderate but we will definately miss calls in traffic and while walking.
8. PC syncing is not user friendly
9. Now playing song will not be shown in the list. The list always starts from begin.
10. Browsing experience is not good, as we have to pan the window all the directions. The text does not fit to window automatically. (but, you can use opera mini)
Purchased it a month ago for $129 with 150 dollars of free credit. Has great features, and is a definite upgrade to the Star - (sleeker design, better interface, and more features). If you're looking for a reliable phone, that's not too expensive and touchscreen, this is a good phone for you. You can also play jar games on it, and has google maps on it+all the standard features. Only downside, no landscape qwerty keyboard, but still good 9/10!
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR
IF YOU HAVE A SIMLOCK,
What to do first:
1) Save everything.
2) Take out SIM card.
3) Take out Micro SD.
What you need:
3) Flash cable (Original USB
4) Your phone: S5620.
1) Start with a hard rest for
safety. (code *2767*3855#)
2) Check your firmware (Code
3) Check our firmware list and
download a firmware you
want. (We use S5620XEJD1)
4) Download the flash
program. (Multiloader v5.62!)
(Set a check by BRCM2153)
5) Unrar the firmware.
6) Unrar the program.
7) Into the Firmware you will
see three files. (Our ReadMe,
CSC and CODE)
8) Open the multiloader.
9) Set a check by Boot Change.
10) Click on Boot and go to the
Boot file and click.
11) DONT TICK MASTER ROMSet
in multiloader a check by All
12) click on Amss and go to
13) Do the same by Rsrc1,
Rsrc2, Factory FS, CSC, SHP SPP
14) NOTE select by RSRC2 always
the LOW version!
15) NOTE check FFS and PFS on
the same region. (We use SER)
16) Take you USB cable.
17) Take your phone.
18) Put your phone in
Download MODE.(Sound Key
Down + Camera + Power On)
(Make sure your phone is out
19) You will seen now:
DOWNLOAD MODE or ALL
DOWNLOAD or BOOT change.
20) Take your USB cable and
put him in youre Phone and
21) Let the PC first install the
22) Go to multiloader and
click on Port Search.
23) Wait 20 sec.
24) If he is ready click on
25) Don't do anything now.
(After the update he will be on
26) Congratulations, Your
update is fine for 100%
27) End the flash thing with a
hard reset. (code
28) If youre phone start again
wait and shut him down
29) Put you Simcard and your
micro SD back in.
30) U iave dn
Anonymous, 22 Mar 2011how to download files from rapidshare ,
hotfile even mediafire on this phone
no way to downlod bcoz it dont have flashlite.
downloading through is possable in phones in built browser
OPERA MINI 6 FULL SCREEN
poor battery power, can we replace another battery which is above 1000mAh??????
rockstarnayan.blogspot.com for HD video and for samsung monty flashing guide....and also many mods there.....
hi dipanjannet opera mini 6 has not that cool as i thaught .
it just dame as opera mini 5.1 but only has share feature
any other feature u remember
i have downloaded the version but i want full screen mode post url so everyone can use it dapanjannet
dipanjan, 22 Mar 20111.dnt no abt world wide price coz price rate depends on the area in india near abt 7800 2.cam... moreThx u so much dude...i m gng 2 buy ths mobile...if i have any doubt abt phone...i wl ask u...
Arun, 21 Mar 2011Hi dude..thx 4 yr all information..u really rocksss..i have some questn abt this samsung monte... more1.dnt no abt world wide price coz price rate depends on the area in india near abt 7800
2.camera quality is gud enough n sound is awsome
3.ya we can read word pdf txt here
4.2g n 3g is too gud.both works fn
5.ya we can play fullscreen video
6.some java antivirus is there bt dnt work realy
how to download files from rapidshare ,
hotfile even mediafire on this phone
in dark forest you need to login or register first
so give me username pass to acscess that dipan jannt
Hi. Am using Samsung Monte, Samsung S3310 & Sony w580i. While connecting pc with mobile for using internet via bluetooth, Samsung mobile modem is automatically disconnecting in improper way. Need to switch off & on the mobile again to connect it with pc. Flashed many times. Same problem exist. But in Sony, no problems. Pls confirm before buying Samsung products. Other fetures are all ok in Samsung.