san, 03 Jun 2010Hi Guys.. bought the cell lastweek.. looks good so far... I was just wondering how to set mess... moreTo setup message tone go to menu--->settings--->phone profiles--->(tap) on the double-arrow sign next to your selected profile--->you'll see a list of settings like callalert-type,voice-call-ringtone,etc.--->(tap) on the drop-down arrow that is visible on the upper-right corner next to "incoming call"---> (from the list) select "NEW MESSAGES"--->there you can setup your own message tone (under message alert tone).
SAMSUNG MONTE HAS NO HANDWRITING RECOGNITION FACILITY!!
tejas, 31 May 2010hi can you please tell me if you can open pdf and word files on this phoneyes tejas u can view pdf and word file
u can still get good video quality on 240*400 resolution by using good video cenverter
Rohin, 03 Jun 2010Hey can anyone plz help me out. How to configure Wi-fi in this phone. Is anyone using Wi-fi fe... moreHi Rohin.
Please follow these steps to set Wi-Fi
1. Delete the configured wireless connections if you already have one.
2. Enable wi-fi but do not perform search at the moment
3. Now open the browser and select settings then browser profiles press search for wi-fi.
4. Select the connection that you want to connect to then type the details and match the settings on the router.
5. Auth type = WPA, encryption = TKIP, network key = router pre-shared key, protocol = HTTP, Home URL = address of modem (you can change it later if everything is already working), leave proxy blank, linger = default, adhoc = off, no need to do advance settings.
6. Save the settings and do not connect yet.
7. Exit the browser and go to Wi-Fi and select the connection that you have just configured and select details.
8. Check all the settings if ok. if the channel is different with the router, adjust it on the router to match the one used by the phone. IP address = not connected (it will automatically connect once you browse the internet).
9. Now, try to browse the internet but you must set first the connection you've just configured as default connection.
Hope this helps
Let me know if it works for u.
To SEVEN from p.s, 03 Jun 2010hey seven dude, can u help me with some idea? mine's cellphone network has 2 access points for... moreP.S
Dont worry about it...
There is some problem with your internet settings.
The only way u can solve that problem is by calling your customer care(Huch/02/whatever u use).
Your service provider will send u the internet settings on request..
Save them and check them out.
Other than this u have to check out the application settings(i think it will be in games section)
If still you are having trouble go to your customer care center. They will and they can help you out.
Right now am at home. tomorrow when i will go to the office i will check out the settings.
Hi Guys.. bought the cell lastweek.. looks good so far... I was just wondering how to set message tones.. I dont seem to find any option for that.. plus i dont think it recognizes hand writing...Please help!
Dark, 03 Jun 2010hi guyz!! what is better phone? Samsung s5620 Monte or Samsung S5560 Marvel?? Samsung Monte S5620 is the better one! S5560 only has a good 5mp camera with features like flash/smile detection/image stabilization. But S5620 Monte is the better one with all-round features ;)
sanju, 02 Jun 2010This question is for monte users!! How good is the video play back capability of monte.I Gsmar... moreWell the video playback is good enough here :) its true that this mobile supports low resolution of 320x240 (QVGA) & of 15fps. But as far as I know video recording is limited to 15fps. You can easily play mp4 & avc videos with frame rate of 25fps & 512 bitrate :) and thus the video playback is crystal-clear & smooth :)
Dark, 03 Jun 2010What is 3G ?? because the difference between this phone and Samsung S5560 is Samsung S5560 has... more3G is third-generation internet service. you can say its broadband internet for mobiles :)
eight, 03 Jun 2010how many text messages can you save in your inbox?1300 plus SIM capacity!
hey seven dude, can u help me with some idea? mine's cellphone network has 2 access points for internet.1 APN can connect opera,ebuddy while default phone browser can't.2nd APN can connect default browser but can't connect opera,ebuddy.but thanks Monte has option to choose 100 APN..but my default web or even opera can't download any jar files! even 1 files.it always fails 2 download jar files!do u have any idea to fix out this problem? even all internet settings are perfect.what can be the reason? do u have any idea? @ SEVEN
Hey can anyone plz help me out. How to configure Wi-fi in this phone. Is anyone using Wi-fi feature of this ph?
Plz mention steps to configure the router and the mobile phone.
What is 3G ?? because the difference between this phone and Samsung S5560 is Samsung S5560 has no 3G and no GPS..
hi guyz!! what is better phone? Samsung s5620 Monte or Samsung S5560 Marvel??
Seven, 03 Jun 2010Lavender Dude u need a mobile experts help. Am not 1. I cant speak about other phones but i ... morethanks for the comments but seriously you don't have to tell me that the brightness adjustor question is a stupid one because as a matter of fact, my current phone does not support that so i have to make sure that my next one does.