In this mobile every thing ok, But only disadvantage is GPRS is not activated, Iam using BSNL Network sim, GPRS Links are not support in this instrument.
My friend just bought this phone. The screen pixel resolution is so less and the colour only 256k. It's quite bad. Every photo looks like a mosaic.
Bought this a couple of weeks ago. A highly recommended phone. Impressed lot of people around who had Corby (and iPhone ;-) and they thought they should’ve gone for Monte. The Pros’ definitely are more than the Cons but here my thoughts anyway.
- Its got capacitive touch (like iPhone I guess) and definitely better than Corby’s touch sensitivity.
- Great features like ‘Etiquette Pause’ and ‘Fake Calls’. To silence the ringing phone you just need to flip it over. If you are stuck in a boring meeting and want to get out of the room use the Fake call feature! This basically initiates a call that you can initiate by pressing the volume keys. Gives a feeling as if someone really called you. Thought that’s a smart feature.
- Handy widgets like YouTube, FaceBook, Picasa, etc.,
- GPS is a handy feature.
- 3 MP camera is pretty good.
- Paid Rs.9300/- and thought it is value for money considering features like 3G, WiFi, 3MP cam, B'tooth, capacitive touch, etc.,
- Single finger zoom is cool especially to view photos and browsing
- Battery life is good considering the big display it has.
- When you get a call you need to pick the call and hold the unlock key to see the options like Speaker etc., That’s quite cumbersome I feel.
- Samsung ringtones are pathetic.
- Bought from Vasavi, Chennai. Strangely they don’t accept credit cards and are happy to open a sealed pack to show the mobile. I don’t really recommend them.
- No QWERTY keyboard but that’s ok if you are shifting from a non-QWERTY key phone. I won’t complain about that.
- To get to the SMS editor I need to touch 4 times and then start typing the message. Thought that was too many steps.
- Strangely, smiley’s are not the real emotion icons..its a combo of : ; ) – etc., Not sure what expression will be delivered to the receiver.
- In SMS mode, to type a number usually from the alpha numeric keypad I had to press the key many times. For example in my Nokia phones, on ‘ABC’ key if you press it 4 times it used to show number ‘1’ but in Samsung it shows a special character. Yes there is a numeric keypad to get a number faster but I’m not sure if that is fast enough.
suraj, 01 Jun 20109000 Rs only...worth buying.. im satisfied.thnx..
Anirban, 31 May 2010Is there live tv supports in monte?yes it supports... some doubt????????
apart from dual sim and qwerty kpad it has everything that u need in Rs9000...worth buying.. touch pad is really sensitive..and camera for pics good for video nt satisfied.
Helo. I got my monte yesterday. My browser (operamini) has qwerty look.Its nice. I only have problems with finding GPS satalites, cause i am in a building... Well when the phone finds some satalites i am going to google maps or mgmaps and than i am w8ing, but the phone doesnt find my location... Also this, are there some maps like mgmaps that work offline?
Tanuj, 31 May 2010Go to settings--->smart unlock--->speed dial (there you can add the contacts of your choice);thank u
Anonymous, 01 Jun 2010Hey I bought this set and got a Vodafone Sim card and its a big trouble to get GPRS settings. ... moreI believe that you do not find the place where setting are stored. just explore it because as soon as you insert any sim setting are automatically saved.
plz tell me how to connect monte to laptop for internet browsing vial laptop...
Hey I bought this set and got a Vodafone Sim card and its a big trouble to get GPRS settings. I put the same sim card in a Nokia phone and the settings are done. I cant use Opera mini on this and put the sim in my Nokia set and I can use it. Moreover could anyone please let me know how do I maximise the 3G benefits that this phone has got. I am presently in Banglore.
can anybody tell me how to record the cal in this phone??? plz do rply... thnks!!
Hi im planning to buy this handset this weekend. is it worth buying this handset? any drawbacks ? is it value for money? is the software good? pls gimme honest comments guys. help me.
hi can you please tell me if you can open pdf and word files on this phone
plz tell me how to connect monte to laptop for internet browsing...
hey frndz i just purchased this mobile and wanna know can we stream movies like on youtube ? plz rply soooon !!!!