does this support voip calls ? , i mean can i use applications like fring and nimbuzz for making calls ?
Hay Guys, can anyone tell if Monte supports multitasking as described in gsm arena's first look review.
karan, 09 Apr 2010its really a lovely phone.i bought yesterday for 9k rs in mumbai.and i'm loving itsince u already hav the phone can u tell me if v can transfer java games from pc to phone n install it without any problem like in samsung s5230. i mean do u get the install button wen u select a jar file or java application.
This is a cool looking phone with excellent hardware capabilities that could have made it a better phone than Nokia 5800 at significantly better price poitns but are wasted a bit by poor product management (read feature selection)/software.
First the positives:
+ good looking phone that is sleek, thin and responsive
+ Cost effective for the features it offers
* excellent voice quality, signal reception
* precise response to touch
* functional 3.2 MP camera
* wi-fi, GPS, 3G - 3.6 Mbps, secondary camera etc etc - doesn't miss a feature compared to other competitive phones in this price range
+ excellent battery life
+ Google maps look very good
- Accelerometer sensor seems to be used only by the camera, browser & 'turn to mute' and not with any other screen (I have not tried games)
- lack of qwerty keyboard is already pointed out. I hope they come up with a software upgrade to rectify this quickly
- 'turn to mute' seems to work only if the phone is rotated very quickly; they could have given a 'mute' icon on the screen when a call comes so this could be activated with a quick touch; instead the whole screen is taken up just to show the caller id
- during call, we are supposed 'press and hold lock key' to enable in-call functions: this is really brainless and does not make any sense; they could have used the same screen space to show these icons
* to enable speakerphone during a call, we need to press and hold to get a menu which shows the speakerphone icon and then press it
- browser is very rudimentary compared to Opera. I installed the latter but haven't figured out where the icon is available for launching this. Also, is there a way to make Opera the default browser? More over I am not able to turn to landscape mode by rotating the phone (I had to select this mode through options)
* any help from guys who installed Opera Mini 5 would be greatly appreciated
- Keyboard options are not as intelligently designed as in my very old Nokia phone with regular keypad (e.g. try typing a WiFi encryption key like A1B12C1D389.... it takes a huge number of key strokes)
- inadequate documentation that does not even mention features like 'flip to mute', 'widgets' etc
- this basically feels like a proto or premature release made without completing the targeted feature development
My overall recommendation is quite positive, although I think Samsung guys missed a trick to make this the best phone in this segment, which the hardware definitely is capable of.
Hi, India monte owners, can anyone tell if Monte supports multitasking as described in gsm arena's first look review. it will be great help to make my decision.
samsung, 08 Apr 2010Buy The Samsung jet! It is BetterYes..Jet's specs is much better.
But the price is at least twice of Monte's
Desi Baba, 08 Apr 2010how much did you buy this for?its really a lovely phone.i bought yesterday for 9k rs in mumbai.and i'm loving it
this phone availible for rs 9K in bangalore, india. USD 200 approx.
some issues on downloading and installing opera mini 5.
the game and navigation keys are enabled by default in all java apps by samsung and about 25% of the screed real estate is lost. so opera mini works fine but with about 75% of the screed space - a shame.
does anybody know how to disable the default setting of game and navigation keys on java apps with samsung ?
in nokia phones its simple - application settings - app manager - suite settings - disable game and navigation keys - restart app.
is the same possible on samsung phones ?
how is it done ?
any help will be appreciated.
whoo, 08 Apr 2010hey guys, i need a help from you. I'm planning to buy a new phone, but I'm confuse between ... moreGet the Monte! I like Nokia but E63 is an antiquated model. Monte seems to be a bang-for-the-buck mobile phone.
hey guys, i need a help from you.
I'm planning to buy a new phone, but I'm confuse between nokia e63 and this s5620 monte.
Can you help me to decide?
i want to buy 3g phone which one is better nokia5230 or samsung monte s5620?
Does this phone have Exchange Active Sync? Can I set up to read my office email on Exchange? Do MS Exchange appointments sync to phone along with reminders??
The SamSung Monte is A Ok Phone but not a good phone.. http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8000_jet-review-361.php is more Nice.
just bought my Samsung Monte from Samsung Gallery in Dadar, Mumbai. So far, its been working just gr8. No problems so far. (Except the fact that FM radio does not work when you charge the phone). Camera is OK, not so gr8, but will serve the purpose. Earphones sound nice, although they are not the best in the market. GPS worked.. it atleast zoomed to my Mahim residence correctly! I have succesfully set up Gmail Push mail client and my Face book account on the phone. I am using Reliance GSM network. Sound quality compared to my previous SE walkman series is good. Yet to download Opera Mini, will do it soon. PDF viewer does not have partial zooming option. It shows entire page.. and then you zoom in all the way through the last level. So you hardly read 3 words at a time! Smart unlock feels cool. However, lack of QWERTY is a bit let down. Overall a good experience. Post here if you have any specific queries. Will try to answer them.