Is there a way to install a Korean language pack
onto this phone? I bought the phone today, and it only
supports European languages. Please help
i just got a stupid question here, for those who are concerned i really need your knowledge so please a little explantion ok. what's the difference between symbian and Android? what's 5800 and samsung (jet) S8000 of the 2?
... is this a big issue ey? hoping for your best answer the soonest.. salamat!
Had this phone...got it stolen about 3 days ago... =(
Overall great device, easy to handle, stylish. I'll just post some cons in case it is of any help:
* I did notice some battery issues, nothing too grave, but sometimes I felt it didn't last quite enough, specially when taking pics
* Night pics are a pain, the flash is too bright or potent, I don't know, but you end up with 'white-toned' pics that are unclear and pretty useless. I tried using other types of scenes instead of using the flash but it's not much help. Day pics are incredible though.
* You can't load/change themes. You can only change the desktop images and the menu background. Other than that, you're stuck with the phone options: black, red and green.
* Apparently not everyone can load apps and games so easily. And by easily I'm referring to menus and commands you have to look up and see if you're phone is compatible. Mine wasn't :( so I had to download everything directly from the phone. It's not like connecting any other USB to your computer, where you drag and drop or copy/paste.
* Never knew how to get more widgets XD
* No customizable equalizer in the music player
* Disappointed that the button on the headset doesn't work for skipping songs, it's only for answering/ending calls.
* Song searching is a bit complicated cuz when switching from player to playlist the list will generally start from the very beginning, not from where your song is.
That would be it, I guess. There are definitely more pros, and I got used to these minor things except for the night pics. I miss my phone and I'm considering getting a 2nd one, but I'm also thinking of going back to Nokia, my true nature to be honest, hehe, but for now I'll keep mourning my loss :'( boohoo
Hello, I'm with NokiaE71 now, but I want to move to Jet, so I need to know somethings:
1. Can I use Opera Mini, Nimbuzz and some other java application on it?
2. Is it the typical mail client for Samsung: only updated new mail without deleting the one already deleted in the server?
3. Full screen caller ID or just small image?
4. How's doc viewer? Good? Bad?
this is the common features i use as i think now...
for all who have some a battery problem.
only the samsung service center knows what to do, thats changing the mother board as they say.
battery life should go 2-3 days with normal use
I have to say i traded this fone in from a Sony Ericsson w995 becuase of its appalling battery life for the Samsung Jet and WOW! I have had a lot of fones even the iphone as i am never overly impressed with any of them but this fone is the sexiest fone i've ever had. Really easy to use whilst looking sleek and stylish. The battery lasts for ages and overall an amazing fone. Well done Samsung, u've won me round thats for sure!
I have problem with battery life.
I charged it all time of night but the battery life standing for only 12hours on normal usage.
Is this normally on S8003 Jet!
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2010Samsung Jet is Good Multimedia Phone , No More
No real App support
no Third Party CA support... moreU r just lieing man
fact is u dont have jet phone
just giving blank blind opinion
Joro, 27 Feb 2010Can anyone tell: 1. does this phone record conversations? 2. does it have voice dialing?Yes it records video , audio , video call , smart dialling, 3G , Wifi
Its best multimedia smart mobile phone with almost allfeautures as smartphone
Readers GO 4 IT
can anyone post a link where to download applications and themes....
is this a scratch resistant glass on its lcd>?
Hi , followed yr kind tip on compass - *#0*#. it showed the LCD test, is the sensor icon the compass?. does not seem to work.
Greatly appreciate yr kind help how do you find he compass.
I bought this set 24.02.10 and that day i charge this set full and the next day i find there is no charge sudden the set turn off. go to the service center they are no help to me.they say nothing to do for me and they reply me after 07.03.10 .the set price 33.000 tk bdt:
just a small tip
i was using my phone without switching off for about 2 weeks
and then, today, i take a photo and zoom to see it, the message show "not enough resources"
so i simply switch off and then turn it on, i can zoom it.
so if u have some problems with the phone (and if u don't switch off the fone for long time)
just do it!!!
Who says youtube does not work with wifi, i watch youtube with my wifi connection
Anonymous, 25 Feb 2010hey...what is the difference between samsung jet n omnia??
which one is better?
is the omnia... moreomnia i900 is winmo phone, n s8000/s8003 is 'just' a phone.. but in term of multimedia, jet got the upper hand.. in fact its better than most phone.. i like it especially playing divx/xvid video. no need to convert into certain format. just copy it into ur phone/micro sd n play it..
sure omnia win in other functions. u can add more apps to enhance ur omnia.. but then, i like both, depend on the usage..
how to set the camera setting to get a great photo without any blur in the pic like distortion of the colors when shooting a near pic.
just give your phone to the service center and make them repair it. mine has a warranty so its free of charges. they told me that maybe my motherboard is faulty an needed a change. it cost almost the same as the phone itself....
use your warranty if you have any problems with this phone.