I had this phone for a month and here are my thougths:
a. The screen is amazingly stunning. Whenever I use my phone, the girls can't help but look at my gadget. Hehehehe, not kidding. The screen quality is perfect.
b. Music quality is the best, not too loud and garbled. Imagine you're like in a concert hall watching your favorite singer.
c. Response time is amazingly fast. Remember, it has 800Mhz processor.
d. Camera quality is enhanced by Samsung Wide Dynamic Range and anti-shake features. It's 5.0 MegaPixels.
e. It charges off to USB, very handy indeed unlike other mobile phones.
f. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi transfer rates are great.
g. Touch experience is great due to fast response. I never experienced problems in working with the unit.
h. Style is very sophisticated and will really catch up one's heart.
Buy this phone. You'll never regret it. I have already tried the most popular brands out there and all I can say is that this is the perfect phone I ever had.
Jet has 2 general problems :
1) it's weak in text messaging
( limitations of messages and it has no delivery report box )
2) shortage of the available apps in Internet and the available apps are really .
But it's a really really fantastic phone and i love it .
Just 500 messages in your inbox and sent box together . In text messaging it has no Delivery Box to save the reports , u receive them like a new message it's a really bad mistake for a phone like this . This phone in text messaging is worst than my last NOKIA n95 .
if you have missed call,,
don't click on the voice call,,
click on the name of the caller so you don't have to call back that caller..
jet is best..
easy to apply wallpapers..
Marko, 10 Feb 2010Hi! Would you tell me something about the screen protecting from scratch. Does the Jet have a ... moreYes its true. The display front can be sratched very fast.
I have bought a display protector. And the protector can be also scratched well.
Hi! Would you tell me something about the screen protecting from scratch. Does the Jet have a some lamination from scratch like a Galaxy ,iPhone...etc.. or we have to buy naylon protector??? I heard that its display very sensitive by the scratch, its true or no?? Thanks.
Its the fourth month or fifth month, I cant remember, thats how much I like this phone. I've been using it in so many different ways: photos on field trips, video recording, internet, video playback, music playback, its like the friend i never really needed but since its there, we are inseparable. Where ever I go, my little Jet goes with me and theres never a dull moment.
PS: I am ultra satisfied and constantly amazed with this device and I can't see myself with anything else, poor LG Viewty all alone in its box, poor sony w510 collecting dust on the shelf, yeah my Jet is here to stay.
what's the maximum number of text message that can be stored in samsung jet? thanksloads
I love my Jet . It's really really fantastic , i was decided to buy HTC touch diamond 2 first but i'm happy from buying Jet instead . It has really faster processor , really better quality of AMOLED and 5.0 mp camera with many useful apps . i never think about any thing els , i bout it 310$ 2 weeks ago and it's fantastic and i'm watching High quality videos and movies on . with a mount of musics that i can listen with one of the best quality headphones . It's just fantastic . but it has some limitations like the deliver reports that comes like a new message , a bit problems about the navigator and the available programs are really little .
BUT I LOVE U JET :-)
Jet, 08 Feb 2010I agree with you in only your last statement: "i just say, Jet is a nice multimedia non-s... morehaha..
i have my jet for 5months now...
i have no problem with it_ =)
this is sooo wrong!!!:::(read below)
you need to read older posts to get an understanding of the several problems that plaque this phone:
1. youtube bad quality (search videos with "hd" instead!)
2. apps and games cannot be downloaded to memory card (are you sure?? on mem?? haha..who told you? ive been downloading games using memory card! haha..read..read..read..on how to, ok?)
3. apps and games downloaded to phone memory cannot be transferred to memory card (lol..this not a symbian or other o.ses phone..this is a java phone.. no need for apps...use java apps instead! use the one thats compatible to your phone!)
4. new firmware not officially available via samsung site or pc suite (use darkforestforum! and read on how to update firmware! use common senses guys! =p )
5. pc suite often fails to connect with phone (haha...check connection please..or did you installed all programs needed to run pc suite? hehe..recheck! and be sure follow instruction!)
6. oily patch under screen for half the phones (use fine clothe! hehe... just like mine or a clothe pouch! oil wont be present anymore)
7. false marketing presenting it as "smarter than a smartphone" and at the same time declaring that they will develop apps for the phone which they never did (check the site! and forums! there are useful java apps that is out now...and even before! this is renamed "smarter than smartphone cause of its 800mhz processor! though there is now 1ghz! hehe...i never had lagging experiences...so far...just on text when some text are coming! but it wont freeze! just a little sec..)
8. no new widgets (really?? haha..use your wi-fi and download new widgets!!! lol...you can find it into the phone itself!) lol....again..read...and understand things!) =p
9. when asnwering a phone, the mute button gets clicked by your ear (before the senser shuts the screen off) (hahaha....weird! i never had experiences like this...lol...cut your ears! kidding!! =p)
10. if you hold the lock key for 30 secs, it gets unlocked, causing the phone to get unlocked when in your pocket or in its case (huh???? clarify this statement!!!) =) hehe
10. the rss feed section is useless and does not work as you can not save rss feeds there ( you can! search on google on how to save rss feeds on your phone! mine is doing well)
11. size limit on apps you can download which is redicilously low (use memory card! or transfer stuff on phones memory to mem card to have more space on your phone!)
12. no copy/paste (what do you mean by this?? on message??)
13. no threaded sms (no need to thread message!)
14. you have to dial back missed calls, otherwise they keep popping up every time you get a new message or missed call ( i agree with this! haha..well, its just easy when doing the dialing!)
and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. and samsung has officially replied and accepted these problems (i have posted the samsung replies on darkforestgroup).
so are there people who are disappointed?
(no! just you only! hehe for me its good! havnt got big deal problems on it! well, some i have encountered it already! but its just so small and it wont bring burden! lol)
is this a good phone?
of course. (i agree with you!) =)
is it the best or one of the best phones made?
yes! cause it's so affordable! you pay what you get!
the specs are so good! it has almost have it all!
is it one of the worst phones made?
no (perfect! i agree with you again!)
did samsung trick people with its marketing?
absolutely no! compared t other phones! haha
did samsung make stupid mistakes with this phone?
i guess, yes..it cannot be avoided even some phones have experiencing this as well...there's no perfect phone! all has limitations...strength and weaknesses
do people have a right to voice their disappointment, frustration, anger, etc?
yes yo can! go travel to korea and talk to ceo's of samsung there about your disappointment! hehe...
[[[perfect phone]]]♥♥♥[[[fly jet]]]
THE PRICE IS WORTHY..
has ALL YOU NEED in a phone!
be practical!!! this is your
the screen is so vibrant!!!
THE BEST PHONE EVER CREATED!
*THATS MY OPINION!
DeFine, 09 Feb 2010How you turn off the 3g?go to your menu > click settings > then click network setting > click network mode > if you're in the US/Canada, select GSM 900/1800.
Hi is it possible to disable the pop up blocker on the Samsung GT-S8000/S8003 Jet Dolphin Webkit Internet Browser? If so, how do you do it? TIA! :D
After using my samsung jet From last three months, I am very happy with it. The Amloled screen is fantastic and the touch screen response time is very fast,Camera quality is fine,gud battery backup....
But Audio recording Quality is poor.And message memmory is limited.....
Anonymous, 08 Feb 2010Turn off 3G for better receptionHow you turn off the 3g?
got this phone last December as a gift to myself.=)
it never gave me problems as what has others had written. i can watch on youtube perfectly and other websites with flash video plays as well. I also activated the navigation stuff and downloaded route 66. amoled is very cool (as compared to my gf's ipod touch). screen resolution is very crisp (again compared with ipod touch 3rd gen). Texting is just fine. unlocked game are so cool.(i got the .jar/jad files from darkforest group) plus i installed tomb raider, avalanche snowboarding3d, and bejeweled. i still have tons of jar file but never tried them yet. camera is good, though i hate the led flash, sometimes its too bright.=)anyway, this is a very good feature phone. imo, it won't disappoint you if your into media/game phone.
I'm very satisfied with my Jét, it have more than I need, and I don't need any useless apps :D
Best phone ever!