I really be in trouble I bought s8003 jet one week ago and i charge it 12 hours for first time but now my battery phone finish in 12-13 without do anything like playing music... can any one help?
phone is good for multimedia, but other than that it sucks bigtime, i had it and i gave it to my 12 yr old brother, if ur fascinated by a very bright and crisp screen then this is for u(and dont mind charging it every day)
Nivej phone, nice to handle.. looks too smart... good User Interface, facilitates me
abhi, 03 Jan 2010yes...its completely true & i request new users pls don't buy.....if u ready to keep on chargi... morehey, why don't you get a nuclear powered phone??? I'll last you 25 years without charging.
Has anyone bought this phone from Plemix.com? If so would you guys be able to answer a few questions for me?
1. Is the phone made in Korea or Hong Kong or elsewhere?
2. Does the phone have other language packs such as Korean installed on it?
Thanks in advance!
Hoping to buy the phone soon ^^
DEfine, 01 Jan 2010Someone please help me out. I am planning to get this phone or the lg arena (both unlocked)? w... moreRe the question to buy the arena or jet; here is my hubmle opinion: Depends on what do you want to do with the phone? If you are happy with the general apps that come with most phones these days (including listening to music and taking pics) I recommend this phone. If you want to do anything like installing other apps then this is not the phone for you. I have had the jet for almost 4 weeks now. I am quite happy with it, but I have to say I lowered my expectations from what I originally thought this phone would be as well (you may not want to do the same). Keep in mind this is NOT smarter that a smartphone (not by a long-shot) but does the normal calling / browsing stuff good enough. Other things to consider are the battery life and if charging the battery nightly is acceptable for you or not. I have no problem with this on jet my phone's battery runs for 2 days the way I use it, but enough people have complained to make me think at least some of the jet phones have inferior quality batteries. You may get a better battery life of arena. I have only tried the arena in shops but the lcd quality is not comparable to jet.
Also most (not all) people have trouble viewing youtube properly on wifi with the jet. I do not know if arena is any better though.
I tend to agree with the guy who said hardware wise, this phone is amazing. The weakest link apepars to be the crappy OS that's on the phone.
i was able to install a lot of java games, and all of them are touch controlled. i was able to install messengers and its working, battery life is good after i updated the firmware, 3 days before i charge it again. ill post the download site soon. loved this phone!
JET RATING, 04 Jan 2010Further to the post below regarding major questions/issues/concerns with the Jet, that Samsung... moreBada is like joke in my opinion. I have now a samsung jet and have already seen the interface of the coming Bada os and also the features but i mean Nokia is in this are better. Meamo 5 and S60 are leaders and have more future.
Samsung should have released this new Bada OS before 1 year to be on the same neiveau like nokia.
I have bought now the Jet and thought that it has many feature , yes of course it has but the half of them havent good function.
The memo function is the biggest crap i ever seen. So easy programms like Notes (memo ) which im using every day is on the samsung jet not really usable. Nokia is doing that better. Only thing which has amazed me was the Screen of the Jet (amoled, resoulition,colours)
Here could Nokia develope more in the screen technology!
Further to the post below regarding major questions/issues/concerns with the Jet, that Samsung chooses to ignore and instead concentrate on a new phone with a Bada OS that they are currently testing on the Jet platform (translation: the jet is officially forgotten by Samsung), we will post a rating, kind of like the ratings for stocks:
Samsung Jet Rating: Don't Buy
(Possible ratings: Strongly Buy, Buy, Don't Buy, Sell, Strongly Sell)
The rating will be issued every 15 days and will depend upon the willingness of Samsung to solve existing problems with the phone and their customer service department
We, the Samsung loving folks who used our hard earned money in a time of financial crises to buy the Samsung Jet, kindly request that the good and caring people at Samsung respond in an urgent and public manner to our following concerns:
1. How do we download apps and games to the memory card. There is a size limit that does not allow you to download apps larger than a couple of MB to the phone memory. So the obvious choice is to download them to the memory card. However this is impossible. For example, if you go to the get jar website thru your phone and click to download an app, it directly saves to the phone memory without asking you where to save. Thus if the app you are trying to download is larger than a couple of MB, it says Phone Memory Full, and you cannot download it. Note also that even if you select memory card as the default memory for wap downloads, it will still not work. However, when you try to save a picture or video, it lets you select to save it to the memory card.
This requires an urgent response and fix from Samsung. It is bad enough that there are not enough apps for the Jet (only java ones), it is bad enough that most java apps do not work, at least do not impose size limits or let us download apps to the phone
2. Why are the Java Apps we download (NOT games) placed under games? Why cant we make a folder and place them there or group them in some way so they are not in the same list as the games that came with the phone? How can we transfer downloaded apps to another folder. The only place that this would have been folder is through the My Files menu, but the Games and More files do now show there…
3. Are you going to publish a new firmware? Are you going to make the new firmware S8000XEII2 official? Where can we download this from your page? What problem does it fix? What are the updates included? Please enter the new firmware updates in the PC Suite. Why would you officially provide the new firmware to a few retailers and we have to pay in order to officially get the new firmware and not put it in the PC Suite?
4. When installing a new firmware, the phone should NOT lose all of its data. Other phones, you can update their firmware without losing your data. Why not the Samsung jet? What happened to the Smarter than a smartphone? This is not smart.
5. A few months back you announced that you will open your platform to developers in order to develop applications for your proprietary OS. What happened? Where are these applications? What happened to smarter than a smartphone? You also said in private correspondence with myself and other users that Samsung plans to develop its own applications for the Jet. What happened? Where are they? We want the smarter than a smartphone you promised us, and we want it 6 months ago.
6. With windows, symbian and now your own smartphone OS, Bada, have you forgotten the Jet and those who bought it?
7. Why is the battery life so short? And no, fully discharging and charging your phone, will not solve the problem.
8. Why do most of your jet devices have an oily patch under the touchscreen? Even when we request to have it changed, the new one that they give us, has the same problem. Why is this? What do you plan to do about it? And, no taking it to a technician will not solve the problem. What samsung does not realize is that 1000s upon 1000s of this device have been delivered with the patch by samsung to thousands of retailers around the world. So it is NOT a problem a technician can solve. The question is did samsung knowingly deliver faulty phones to retailers or did samsung missed the problem in the thousands of devices that were rolled out from their production line. Either way, it is a huge legal issue which I will pursue.
9. Why is the loudspeaker so poor during calls?
10. Your user manual is poor, insufficient and superficial even for phone with intuitive OS, let alone a phone like Jet which is not straightforward. The Jet’s manual should be like an air jet’s operational manual.
11. We does the PC Suite not recognize my phone? This is such an annoying issue. And such a basic one that we should not be having any problems with it
12. Skype currently does not work with the Samsung Jet. Samsung needs to make it work, needs to cooperate with the Skype company because this is unacceptable. We do not want skype in a month, or a year or in some time in the fure. We want it yesterday.
13. Rss feeds. You cannot save an rss feed url in this function. You can type in the url and when you hit ok, it takes you straight to the page without the option of saving it. So the RSS page always shows blank.
14. More widgets? None. I have not as of yet found a way to download more widgets than the 16 that you can access through the More Widgets widget. How can we download more widgets? Do you have a page that lists widgets? What is the URL? The my Samsung page has games, ringtones but not widgets?
To dissatisfied Jet users who really care about this phone: Please REPOST this in every phone related forum that exists and send it to all contact emails and forms of Samsung. Put pressure on Samsung to respond to our concenrns and not just roll out new phones and demand that we spend another 400 euros on a new phone. Repost please.***
i have an s8003....
i copied the ebuddy.jar from my comp to the phone
it shows unsupported type of file....
what do i do...pls let me now.... thx....
smarter than a smartphone, omfg its funny dont you think haha, battery can handle the screen and 800mhz procie, samsung shouldve put car battery to this phone haha, "mega specs and a weak battery=useless"
This is really the best phone I ever hand in my hands, It has been about 1 month now, and really I can not describe my gald for owning this SUPER BRILLIANT phone.
The only comment on it, and as I discovered that many people are suffering from the battery, let me till you the cause and solution.
What make the battery goes out is neither watching video, nor WiFi, it's the "DISPLAY", if you put the display on the brightest level, then if it lasts for 4 hours; you are lucky then. You have to make the display in the automatic mode, plus that if you do not need the WiFi, you can turn it off.
Thats it guys, it is because the AMOLED is very sensitive display which may use high power, its less that what a LCD may use, but still high power.
Hope that helps. ;)
Heyy guys,,i asked a Mobileshop salller abut this problem of the battery..and He Told me """the other shops like normal shops they get the orignal battery off (take it from the mobile) and replace a Copy battery like it but the Copy one wont give u the realy power"""
i dunt knw is tht real or not ....
Anonymous, 03 Jan 2010Jes! I owned one before 2 weeks and i must say the battery is the worst thing on this device! ... moreyes...its completely true & i request new users pls don't buy.....if u ready to keep on charging this phone all day...then u can go ahead.....but sincerely i will not ask to go ahead for it
Hi I buy this mobile just 1 week back...but I am not at all happy with battery...after full charge also I hardly get talk time not more than 2 hours and that also without 3G......even standby time is mentioned to be more than 400 hrs...but for me it just 28 hrs....is there any resolution for this or its normal problem with this mobile.....it really sucks...
Anonymous, 03 Jan 2010Jes! I owned one before 2 weeks and i must say the battery is the worst thing on this device!
... morehi i am sorry that you feel this way about the battery but i think i may have an idea about helping you.....
when you first get a phone you should not wear the battery straight down..... put it on charge untill its full then wear it right down and this should make the battery last longer.... if not then the battery is either faulty due to manufacture or you did not follow the start up rules..... if its the batterry and not personal error then go back to the store you got it from and give them your story... if its due to not starting properly then you would be better off getting a new battery form a mobile shop and redoing the charge up-wear down protocol........ hope i have helped :)
Sam, 03 Jan 2010some people are complaining abt da battery life, but its capacity increases after charging a f... moreJes! I owned one before 2 weeks and i must say the battery is the worst thing on this device!
It last only 2 hours with using wifi or watching movies