MAK, 29 Dec 2009I have the S8003 for a few weeks now. Overall all I like and recommend it. To take the obvious... moreNot sure what sort of spellchecker caused this but I meant: Customizability not (stablizibilty...).
I have the S8003 for a few weeks now. Overall all I like and recommend it. To take the obvious out of the way this will not provide you with the same functionality of a windows mobile phone. If you need a true smartphone look at other WM or other options
I am able to see youtube while connected over wifi. Originally this didn't work because the RTSP port used by the internal youtube player was not open on my wireless router. Search for port forwarding triggering on how to open the RTSP port 554. Alternatively you can use 3G (expensive not worth it) or use the desktop configuration (go at the bottom of your youtube page and click desktop - it will be too slow though).
What I like are the brilliant lcd screen (no oily patch etc). The accurate on screen keyboard. And the 3.5 mm headset.
What I don't like are, not too many useful apps and Limited stabilizability.
Strongly Agree with this post
We, the Samsung loving folks who used our hard earned money in a time of financial crises to buy the Samsung Jet, kindly request that the good and caring people at Samsung respond in an urgent and public manner to our following concerns:
1. How do we download apps and games to the memory card. There is a size limit that does not allow you to download apps larger than a couple of MB to the phone memory. So the obvious choice is to download them to the memory card. However this is impossible. For example, if you go to the get jar website thru your phone and click to download an app, it directly saves to the phone memory without asking you where to save. Thus if the app you are trying to download is larger than a couple of MB, it says Phone Memory Full, and you cannot download it. Note also that even if you select memory card as the default memory for wap downloads, it will still not work. However, when you try to save a picture or video, it lets you select to save it to the memory card.
This requires an urgent response and fix from Samsung. It is bad enough that there are not enough apps for the Jet (only java ones), it is bad enough that most java apps do not work, at least do not impose size limits or let us download apps to the phone
2. Why are the Java Apps we download (NOT games) placed under games? Why cant we make a folder and place them there or group them in some way so they are not in the same list as the games that came with the phone? How can we transfer downloaded apps to another folder. The only place that this would have been folder is through the My Files menu, but the Games and More files do now show there…
3. Are you going to publish a new firmware? Are you going to make the new firmware S8000XEII2 official? Where can we download this from your page? What problem does it fix? What are the updates included? Please enter the new firmware updates in the PC Suite. Why would you officially provide the new firmware to a few retailers and we have to pay in order to officially get the new firmware and not put it in the PC Suite?
4. When installing a new firmware, the phone should NOT lose all of its data. Other phones, you can update their firmware without losing your data. Why not the Samsung jet? What happened to the Smarter than a smartphone? This is not smart.
5. A few months back you announced that you will open your platform to developers in order to develop applications for your proprietary OS. What happened? Where are these applications? What happened to smarter than a smartphone? You also said in private correspondence with myself and other users that Samsung plans to develop its own applications for the Jet. What happened. We want the smarter than a smartphone you promised us, and we want it 6 months ago.
6. With windows, symbian and now your own smartphone OS, Bada, have you forgotten the Jet and those who bought it?
7. Why is the battery life so short? And no, fully discharging and charging your phone, will not solve the problem.
8. Why do most of your jet devices have an oily patch under the touchscreen? Even when we request to have it changed, the new one that they give us, has the same problem. Why is this? What do you plan to do about it? And, no taking it to a technician will not solve the problem. What samsung does not realize is that 1000s upon 1000s of this device have been delivered with the patch by samsung to thousands of retailers around the world. So it is NOT a problem a technician can solve. The question is did samsung knowingly deliver faulty phones to retailers or did samsung missed the problem in the thousands of devices that were rolled out from their production line. Either way, it is a huge legal issue which I will pursue.
9. Why is the loudspeaker so poor during calls?
10. Your user manual is poor, insufficient and superficial even for phone with intuitive OS, let alone a phone like Jet which is not straightforward. The Jet’s manual should be like an air jet’s operational manual.
11. We does the PC Suite not recognize my phone? This is such an annoying issue. And such a basic one that we should not be having any problems with it
12. How do you set up push emails. No details about this anywhere. Just activating the push settings in the emails settings does not do it. Give detailed instructions.
13. Skype currently does not work with the Samsung Jet. Samsung needs to make it work, needs to cooperate with the Skype company because this is unacceptable. We do not want skype in a month, or a year or in some time in the fure. We want it yesterday.
14. Rss feeds. You cannot save an rss feed url in this function. You can type in the url and when you hit ok, it takes you straight to the page without the option of saving it. So the RSS page always shows blank.
15. More widgets? None. I have not as of yet found a way to download more widgets than the 16 that you can access through the More Widgets widget. How can we download more widgets? Do you have a page that lists widgets? What is the URL? The my Samsung page has games, ringtones but not widgets?
****To dissatisfied Jet users: Please REPOST this in every phone related forum that exists and send it to all contact emails and forms of Samsung***
i did a factory reset and now my wi-fi doesnt work.is there any way to get it back?
Anonymous, 28 Dec 2009Anyone with any questions please ask FOP below who has seemed to have solved all problems by j... moreDon't delegate towards me 'anonymous'... You are the one who hates every molecule of this phone. You are just frustrated that many people are very satisfied with it.
You probably expected something else from the phone, so your problems are not anyone else's ...
Good luck with your Jet ..
this is the best phone i have ever owened its touch screen is soooo responsive the camera is of good quality great battery life good size screen and the internet speeds are amazing if u can afford the iphone get one if ur budget is less then get the JET 9.99/10.00
So, I was on the store (a service center, actually) to buy the phone and I was actually contemplating on getting the Jet or waiting for CorbyPro to arrive. While the sales rep is speaking about the features of the phone I over heard 2 customers who have this phone and was there for service.
Both had the same problem: OS Crashing...
One customer had his phone wet, the other have no idea what happened.
Regardless of that, I still bought the phone. I really liked the features and have read all the reviews here in gsmarena.
That night, I tried out some of the games (trial version), then I thought of purchasing a game but when a clicked on the link, the OS restarted.
And then, just 4 hrs ago, I was recording a video and after about 2 mins, the phone shuts down.
I've had this problems before on my previous phones, I just hope it doesn't affect the OS.
Anyway, after 2 days of using the phone, I'm quite satisfied.
Image quality's one of the best.
Email application's easy to set-up.
Audio's good too.
Aside from the system crashing, I also noticed that the system slows down especially when using the photo browser for some time.
Is it worth it to buy this phone???? i've been checking a lot of different phones and i like this one... the only problem is the resistive touchscreen... so iam asking anybody who already own this phone... should i get it ?
Where can I get a software to record a phone call? can anyone suggest a name of a software? thanks!
Finally,after a long comparison between d Jet and Arena, i have decided to buy this Samsung Jet.
I've used it for over a week now and all i can say is that i have no regrets at all! this phone is excellent with a very brilliant UI, fast, and awesome features along with all the nice specs that this phones offers.
Connectivity is topnotch with a blazing speed WiFi and GPS.
The lack of stereo speakers might be a deal breaker to some, but still quite nice and produces a good quality sound using headset and loudspeakers.
Camera produces crisp and detailed pictures, but still below than my good old N82 (Best camera on a phone).
Here in the Philippines, it is called S8003 Jet and there is a white version of this, and i've waste no time to get it. it looks more beautiful in white than in black because it highlights the steel frame around its corners than the black one.
So far i haven't encountered any lag or sometimes hanging with this phone.
Overall, im hands down to this wonderful piece of art by Samsung (Not quite obvious is'nt it? (",).
I'll post my other comments once i explored it more thouroughly.
Regards to all. Cheers!
jaipal, 27 Dec 2009G.P.S ?
In specification gsmarena says that it doesnt have built in g.p.s. and need to downlo... morejet s003, which is available in india comes with inbuilt google map.... However there is a gps fuction in jet which is disabled at the time of purchase.....
But you can enable it by opening the admin.. setting.
I too enabled this function after purchasing and working fine from last 2 months....
Only the problem is with battery backup which is below average....
and only some selected java aplication runs,,,,
But overall it is a nice phone...
Anyone with any questions please ask FOP below who has seemed to have solved all problems by just reading the manual which incidentally mentions nothing about any of the problems described in my Request to Samsung below [imited applications, downloading applications problems (size limits,unable to download to memory card), no official firmware updates, pc suite connectivity problems, bad loudspeaker quality,short battery life, lack of gps software except route 66, lack of widgets although samsung advertised widgets as a main selling point, non intuitive OS, rss feed problems, oily patch under the touchscreen etc, etc]
i had this Jet for about 2weeks now. I really love this phone, a Nokia N&E series user. But the problem is may battery, it drains so fast, may 1st one last only for 16 to 20hrs, after a week of use and almost daily charging cycles the dealer replaced my battery with a new one. I had turned off all applications that consume a lot of power: wifi, lowest back light setting, blue tooth, GPS+ setting is off, email polling, 3G disabled etc. Initial assessment with the 2nd battery is still the same with the 1st one. 1st full charging cycle lasted only for 16hrs. Still hoping for the best.
I read some feedbacks that this phone last for 3-4days of normal use. Hope to have the same with my unit.
how to make Edge logo disappear on firmware version S8000XEII2? Plz somebody help me
I am also having problem answering my phone calls. whenever i answer my call the caller does not hear me. i always have to tap the unmute icon so that they can hear me. This is a major defect. in addition, the missed calls displayed are the latest and the very old ones together.
In specification gsmarena says that it doesnt have built in g.p.s. and need to download it.
does it cost any money latter to download it.
most problems has solutions, but some are just lazy to read the manual or familiarize the phone.
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2009And another thing, I heard people saying they have network problems and when receiving a call,... moreI'm sorry to say, but you are starting to look like small kid with all your complaints.
You keep on digging and thinking up problems with this phone.
Why don't you just demand a different phone in the shop, or where you bought it.
If you are so unsatisfied you need to get it replaced by another brand ... Probably this phone is just not for you ...