Anonymous, 26 Dec 2009Whether the phone is "excellent" or not, i guess it depends what you use it for.
If you use... moreIm agreeing everything !!!!
I have bought it also and there are so less apps for it!
Many websites in desktop mode not open
Often comes " not enough resources available "
Youtube videos have really bad quality !
After booting u must wait 20 seconds to come to the menu!!! ( 800 MHZ???? where are they??? )
the support and service by samsung is crap really
dr r, 26 Dec 2009pls tell me how to disable 3G?kindly help me!to disable 3g go to menu>settings>network settings>network mode and choose one of the 2 available gsm options
oh and one more thing about the battery.
The battery will last up to 4 days max if you do NOT use wifi, or bluetooth, or gps or any other application and you make very limited calls. This is the best case scenario and an unrealistic one.
On the other side of extremes, if you use GPS, your battery can go flat within just half an hour for example.
An average user can expect a couple of days of battery life
Whether the phone is "excellent" or not, i guess it depends what you use it for.
If you use it for basic stuff (calls, music, internet surfing, camera, etc), it shouldnt have any problems and you would be happy like you would be in any case with hundreds of other phones.
However, if you want the "smarter than a smartphone" phone that Samsung bragged about, then you will definitely be disappointed.
Limited applications (only java and most dont work ), downloading applications problems (size limits, unable to download to memory card), no official firmware updates, pc suite connectivity problems, bad loudspeaker quality,short battery life, lack of gps software except route 66, lack of widgets although samsung advertised widgets as a main selling point, non intuitive OS, rss feed problems, oily patch under the touchscreen etc, etc, make this phone less than desirable.
Add to that the complete lack of customer service by samsung and the fact that they are developing a new phone with their new bada OS and you realize that the jet is a phone already forgotten by samsung.
the samsung jet is a great phone i have had nokias only and a friend told me to buy one now samsung rules no probs 10 out of 10
arjun nair, 26 Dec 2009i have been using this phone from 5 months.......... its perfect.........and also nice....disp... moreME TOO!!
ive been using this for more than 4 months!!
same as you...i had a great time using this phone!!!
display is unbelievable..so clear!
the video capture during fireworks display on christmas eve is very clear!!!
battery is way cool also...mine last for 3-4 days too_
searching the net is a beauty!hehe
_i never regret buying this phone..
you pay what you get!!! very affordable and the
specs are amazing!!!
i have been using this phone from 5 months.......... its perfect.........and also nice....display is really superb and also the touch screen gives a great response...battery backup is unbeleaveble...im getting the battery life for 4 days and more even i use the camera and music player..its a nice phone cheaper than n95 my old.....its really an amazing phone........i do reccomend this phone........
if you go to the route 66 web site it says that route 66 is for symbian and the jet isnt in its list of compatable phones.jet isnt symbian.mine works as a map only and if i want to use the navigator i have to find the activation code but i cant find it anywhere.does it or does it not work completly in this phone and where do find these so called activation codes?
Request to Samsung, 25 Dec 2009We, the Samsung loving folks who used our hard earned money in a time of financial crises to b... moreI don't understand why you have so many complaints ...
- My speaker during calls is very good - it's actually great.
- I do not have an oily patch under my screen - maybe your production batch was shit. If so they must replace it or refund it.
- Battery life is short when you use 3G and wireless constantly .. also the brightness needs to be toned down for the battery to last longer ..
- User manual ? Did you really need one for this phone ?
- PC studio recognizes my phone ...
Don't know, maybe you have a rotten apple in the batch ...
plz, Anybody can tell me how to disable 3G mode in new firmware S8000XEII2..Merry Xmas to ya'll :)
We, the Samsung loving folks who used our hard earned money in a time of financial crises to buy the Samsung Jet, kindly request that the good and caring people at Samsung respond in an urgent and public manner to our following concerns:
1. How do we download apps and games to the memory card. There is a size limit that does not allow you to download apps larger than a couple of MB to the phone memory. So the obvious choice is to download them to the memory card. However this is impossible. For example, if you go to the get jar website thru your phone and click to download an app, it directly saves to the phone memory without asking you where to save. Thus if the app you are trying to download is larger than a couple of MB, it says Phone Memory Full, and you cannot download it. Note also that even if you select memory card as the default memory for wap downloads, it will still not work. However, when you try to save a picture or video, it lets you select to save it to the memory card.
This requires an urgent response and fix from Samsung. It is bad enough that there are not enough apps for the Jet (only java ones), it is bad enough that most java apps do not work, at least do not impose size limits or let us download apps to the phone
2. Why are the Java Apps we download (NOT games) placed under games? Why cant we make a folder and place them there or group them in some way so they are not in the same list as the games that came with the phone? How can we transfer downloaded apps to another folder. The only place that this would have been folder is through the My Files menu, but the Games and More files do now show there…
3. Are you going to publish a new firmware? Are you going to make the new firmware S8000XEII2 official? Where can we download this from your page? What problem does it fix? What are the updates included? Please enter the new firmware updates in the PC Suite. Why would you officially provide the new firmware to a few retailers and we have to pay in order to officially get the new firmware and not put it in the PC Suite?
4. When installing a new firmware, the phone should NOT lose all of its data. Other phones, you can update their firmware without losing your data. Why not the Samsung jet? What happened to the Smarter than a smartphone? This is not smart.
5. A few months back you announced that you will open your platform to developers in order to develop applications for your proprietary OS. What happened? Where are these applications? What happened to smarter than a smartphone? You also said in private correspondence with myself and other users that Samsung plans to develop its own applications for the Jet. What happened. We want the smarter than a smartphone you promised us, and we want it 6 months ago.
6. With windows, symbian and now your own smartphone OS, Bada, have you forgotten the Jet and those who bought it?
7. Why is the battery life so short? And no, fully discharging and charging your phone, will not solve the problem.
8. Why do most of your jet devices have an oily patch under the touchscreen? Even when we request to have it changed, the new one that they give us, has the same problem. Why is this? What do you plan to do about it? And, no taking it to a technician will not solve the problem. What samsung does not realize is that 1000s upon 1000s of this device have been delivered with the patch by samsung to thousands of retailers around the world. So it is NOT a problem a technician can solve. The question is did samsung knowingly deliver faulty phones to retailers or did samsung missed the problem in the thousands of devices that were rolled out from their production line. Either way, it is a huge legal issue which I will pursue.
9. Why is the loudspeaker so poor during calls?
10. Your user manual is poor, insufficient and superficial even for phone with intuitive OS, let alone a phone like Jet which is not straightforward. The Jet’s manual should be like an air jet’s operational manual.
11. We does the PC Suite not recognize my phone? This is such an annoying issue. And such a basic one that we should not be having any problems with it
12. How do you set up push emails. No details about this anywhere. Just activating the push settings in the emails settings does not do it. Give detailed instructions.
13. Skype currently does not work with the Samsung Jet. Samsung needs to make it work, needs to cooperate with the Skype company because this is unacceptable. We do not want skype in a month, or a year or in some time in the fure. We want it yesterday.
14. Rss feeds. You cannot save an rss feed url in this function. You can type in the url and when you hit ok, it takes you straight to the page without the option of saving it. So the RSS page always shows blank.
15. More widgets? None. I have not as of yet found a way to download more widgets than the 16 that you can access through the More Widgets widget. How can we download more widgets? Do you have a page that lists widgets? What is the URL? The my Samsung page has games, ringtones but not widgets?
****To dissatisfied Jet users: Please REPOST this in every phone related forum that exists and send it to all contact emails and forms of Samsung***
sandeep murthy, 25 Dec 2009what is the video settings to convert videos to view it on samsung jet ?
settings like ....
... moreresolution : 640x480 or 320x240
video bitrate : from 800 to 1200 for good quality
audio bitrate : 128
aspect ratio : Auto
* 2009-12-25 11:56
N, 22 Dec 2009Can any1 help me that this phone can use opera mini? Because i always use opera mini in previo... moreim currently writing this reply with opera mini beta 5.2 (full screen mode, edited using tk file explorer) over wifi connection, lately i surf the web more using jet than my laptop
what is the video settings to convert videos to view it on samsung jet ?
settings like ....
resolution ....x .....
aspect ratio, etc
Can someone tell me where I can find the system update link to the Jet? Can someone please post a link for me? Also, Im having problems retrieving MMS files on my phone. I live in Canada and am using FIDO. Everytime my friends send me a MMS file, and I try to retrieve it, it'll say fail to connect! :( Please help and thank you~
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2009Which is worth buying?5800 xpresss music or this phone?get this one not the 5800, i am just about to send my 4rd faulty nokia 5800 phone back and am getting this one as a replacement!