Anonymous, 20 Dec 2009is it true that this phone has lots of problem? cos this phone's kinda goodpls ignore others comment, this phone is off da hook, the camera is good, wifi, youtube both works, and music is also good(not good as a se w series)...hope this helps
is it true that this phone has lots of problem?
cos this phone's kinda good
msn messenger would be better than skype.
we can chat and speak quite better (without voice delay!) with messenger!
We have another request to Samsung.
Enable Skype, or cooperate with the Skype company to make this software available for the Jet.
This should be done now. Not in a month, a year or some time in the future.
We need skype NOW
Shaheed, 17 Dec 2009got this phone yesterday, so far so good, but can't find the excel word viewer, pls help..u can only view excel n word....jus put the file b\via a pc and read on ur cell...
I bought this great phone for about two weeks...
It is very good :
-Nice AMOLED screen and res 400*800
-Good camera performance and features , also a super flash
-Touch sensitive is very good
-800 mhz cpu is really speeeeed
ex:(when you rotate the screen or browsing photos and files)
-The web browser and the touch wiz
the speaker and every thing is good
And yes. Ive had the HERO since the last one month or so. I really dont regret the couple of extra 100 dollars that I had to shell out. The Sense UI + Android makes it worth it.
Bought the phone and returned it in like 16 hours..
Samsung needs to
- DO something to differentiate between high end and their low end devices.
- The proprietary UI or whatever they would like to call it. It looks so cheap and unclassy, trust me
- The UI..uh..the sounds it make on performing various actions...it somehow gives me the feeling of sounds generated only when there are ERRORS!!
- The multimedia cube takes atleast a 3 second lag to show up..for a phone with a 800 mhz processor..wow
- Samsung - If you just lose your focus on high end customers and go by the belief that people just want to be entertained with high definition screens and just boosting the camera, I wish you all the best.
And I dont blame you either. Might be thats what fetches more profits for you guys. But from people who want a classy UI and want to see the difference when they pay a much higher price, I guess the goodbyes have started poring in, informally though.
dave, 18 Dec 2009hey, does this phone play flash files?, such as online flash games? thankssamsung jet can has a web browser named dolphin which has flash, it can play flash videos in youtube and other flash plug-ins in other websites, I'm not sure if it can play flash games.
does it has a white color like like the samsung omnia II? white is more appealing than black.. paging samsung....
i'll get a mobile just after christmax.
i'm thinking between S8000 jet, I7500 Galaxy, I5700 Spica (this is just still coming soon status in my mobile operator so i have to wait some more time) and HTC magic.
so let me know the pros and cons in contrast to the retail prices.
thanks in advance
does this phone play flash files?, such as online flash games?
Santosh, 18 Dec 2009I am planning to by a Apple I phone 3G, one of my friend suggested that Samsung Jet is btter, ... morebuy iphone if you have extra money,jet has alot of issues not address by samsung
Well just bought my new Samsung Jet......I love it
good thing i chose this over the LG Arena
This is an update to the questions below as I have received some answers from samsung.
We, the Samsung loving folks who used our hard earned money in a time of financial crises to buy the Samsung Jet, kindly request that the good and caring people at Samsung respond in an urgent and public manner to our following concerns:
1. A step by step guide on how to install route 66 and activate GPS. And we mean everything, from how to find the Navigation in the phone settings, clicking yes, restarting the phone, installing route 66 and what to do after that. Everything because it is so difficult and we are not as smart as the genius good engineers at the wonderful company of Samsung.
Update: Managed to install route 66. Route 66 is one of the worst, least user friendly software in the world. Too many problems
2. How to play youtube videos. Include all relevant settings, from A to Z. Do not leave anything out, even the simplest thing.
Update: This is doable. Too many setting in too many different places though. If you are using a wifi connection, make sure that your IE on your computer can play youtube videos.
Note that the Samsung's official response was that the JET cannot play youtube... Go figure
3. How does the phone say "Phone Memory Full" when trying to download applications that are just a few MB large, while the phone memory is over 1.5GB???? Is there a size limit to the apps you can download? Why is that? It is so unnecessary? Every other phone can download apps that are just a few MB large, why not the jet? Is it not enough that this is not a smartphone, do you really have to limit the size of Java apps we can download to microscopic sizes, do you really? Do you?
Update: There is a size limit in the apps you can download. Samsung's response was to download apps directly to memory card. I have not as of yet found a way to download apps via WAP to the memory card. I chose the default memory for WAP downloads to be the memory card and it still downloads everything to the phone (games and more)
4. For those who can play youtube videos, how to fix quality issues of playback
Update: Samsung's official answer is that the JET can not play youtube videos
5. Why are the Java Apps we download (NOT games) placed under games? Why cant we make a folder and place them there or group them in some way so they are not in the same list as the games that came with the phone?
Update: Samsung's official answer was to create a new folder, highlight the app and move it there... Maybe these people at samsung dont speak good english but the question still remains as the My File menu does not show the Games and More folder and there is no other way to move apps
6. How can I copy java apps we have downloaded, from the phone memory to the microSD card?
Samsung's answer: NONE
7. Are you going to publish a new firmware? Are you going to make the new firmware S8000XEII2 official? Where can we download this from your page? What problem does it fix? What are the updates included?
Samsung's Answer: Only some retailers are allowed to do this. So basically there is a new firmware, but samsung, for some incomprehensible reason, they have not realesed it in the PC Suite yet but they have given it to some retailers... Amazing
8. When installing a new firmware, do you lose all of your data, or do you data remain untouched (like the iphone for example)?
Samnsung's answer. Yes you will. Let me here someone comparing the jet to the iphone... No comparison. The ihpone, the first phone of apple blew every other phone to pieces. Unbelievable. Thank god for the iphone cause if you let samsung and nokia alone, we would still be in the dark ages
9. A few months back you announced that you will open your platform to developers in order to develop applications for your proprietary OS. What happened? Where are these applications? What happened to smarter than a smartphone? You also said in private correspondence with myself and other users that Samsung plans to develop its own applications for the Jet. What happened. We want the smarter than a smartphone you promised us, and we want it 6 months ago.
No news about this from samsung. The jet is officially forgotten
10. With windows, symbian and now your own smartphone OS, Bada, have you forgotten the Jet and those who bought it?
Yes, the jet is officially forgotten
11. Why is the battery life so short?
Samsung's answer: let the phone fully discharge and charge 3 times. Try it. Then you can try to spread your arms and fly
12. Why do most of your jet devices have an oily patch under the touchscreen? Even when we request to have it changed, the new one that they give us, has the same problem. Why is this? What do you plan to do about it?
Samsung's answer: take it to a technician.
What samsung does not realize is that 1000s upon 1000s of this device have been delivered with the patch by samsung to thousands of retailers around the world. So it is NOT a problem a technicia can solve. The question is did samsung knowingly deliver faulty phones to retailers or did samsung missed the problem in the thousands of devices that were rolled out from their production line. Either way, it is a huge legal issue which I will pursue.
13. Why is the loudspeaker so poor during calls?
Samsung's answer: not worth mentioning
14. Your user manual is poor, insufficient and superficial even for phone with intuitive OS, let alone a phone like Jet which is not straightforward. The Jet’s manual should be like an air jet’s operational manual.
Samsung's answer: not worth mentioning. Basically it is what it is, deal with it, s... happens
This is a new question, still waiting from samsung
15. How do you set up push emails. No details about this anywhere. Just activating the push settings in the emails settings does not do it.
****To dissatisfied Jet users: Please REPOST this in every phone related forum that exists and send it to all contact emails and forms of Samsung***
Santosh, 18 Dec 2009I am planning to by a Apple I phone 3G, one of my friend suggested that Samsung Jet is btter, ... moreFirst read the forum, up to a few pages back and you will figure the answer out for yourself.
Quick answer, apart from the price which you have to research as it depends on where you located and if you do not care for phone to phone bluetooth, having an average to good camera, then go for the iphone.
The jet may be cheaper and have better camera but unless you were a prodigy kid or some sort of phone genious, you will be frustrated in trying to figure the Jet out.
Unless of course you only care for calling, smsing, music, and basic browser where there are over 300 phones for your choice.
deionas, 13 Dec 2009Still haven't been able to get any connections. I have an unsecured wireless connections home.... moreFirst try connecting while being as close to your wifi router as possible. Not sure what the range is meant to be but it sucks. My nokia n81 which is over a year older can pick up wifi signals 3-5 metres further away without any issues and more often than not I'll get "authorization failed" or "dns failure" messages when trying to connect to my wifi. Also the white screen not be directly related to the wifi. I notice that after using my browser for a while it will load pages and then just display a white screen when its done. If the tap the screen a few times or try scrolling it will sometimes display the page properly though. Restarting the phone solves that for a while but its extremely annoying.