this phone is realy beter than x1 at design and features whit 8mp ...
but whats os ?!
Anonymous, 31 Mar 2009Just 1 word : Pixon ! Much better and cheaper now (350 euros in Bangkok now !)Just 2 words - pixon crap, all touchscreen not ideal!
Not sure if one is allowed to sell non-commercially here, but I have a UK Vodafone S8300 for sale, in box, brand new (not that it cannot be new!) If you are interested and located in Oxford or London, text/call 07919055820.
lush, 01 Apr 2009I think this phone is great!!
How do u go back when u make a mistake when ur typing an addr... moreto go back (if you mean delete a mistaken character you typed) you simply slide your finger left across the inputting text box and a virtual pad will come up with a backspace arrow for character deletion.
if you meant to go back a page on the browser then press the back arrow button in between the answer and end call buttons on the front of the phone
Hans, 31 Mar 2009No Wlan- No OS-
mid class camera phone.....what a stupid comment!
Have you used Windows mobile?! How slow is that!
No OS (mainstream OS byu the way as Touchwiz UI is an OS in its own right) is a benefit as it aint slow as f&$£!!!
As for the Wifi things, who wants the net nowadays that doesnt actually have a data plan for £5 a month?! I am a buisiness user with a great deal of net usage and never have i bothered with wifi on any of my other phones as theyre always just as slow as a decent dataplan net browsing which most people have unlimited free usage of.
There is nothing wrong with this phone other than the list i explained earlier other than the battery is a tad short (well spotted young man!) although is you are a HTC user you'll already be used to charging every night as standard.
One more thing, anybody who has this phone check out the Find Music feature in the Music player section (oh and whoever asked about the music player bit, it's on a par with the iPod!).
Prepare to be amazed!!!
P.s. i have always been anti samsung for 12 years of owning mobiles and i have been a hardcore Nokia and Sony E fan all that time (except for a HTC couple of phones i had) and i love this phone. I really do. I am so impressed with it!
I think this phone is great!!
How do u go back when u make a mistake when ur typing an address on the internet??
Barry... If the GPRS sign is blue then you are not connected... you are connected whe the sign turns red. The sign will always remain at the top of the screen. you cant get rid of it. Its the same with my Samsung mobile. You are not being charged.
Just spent an hour playing with an S8300 without a sim card in it but connected it to my MacBook via USB (to charge it) and Bluetooth. Comments:
1) Stunning screen. When people say OLED screen blacks are black, they are spot on. Lovely jubbly.
2) Excellent build quality and slide mechanism.
3) I recorded some 720x480 video and on my Mac it is fine at playback, but when you pause it, there is some noise and artifacts, but if you don't care for freeze frame, it's best so far from any mobile I have seen. Nice bright colours. (Not tried a Viewty.)
4) Did not have time to test still camera much, but colours are good, and it's faster than other Samsungs.
5) A doddle to use thanks to the fact Samsung have got the UI right. There BACK button (middle on between the Make and End call buttons) makes all the difference and works across the phone. When you are entering text or a number and select a field, the phone detects if the keypad is active. If not, a nice large on screen keypad appears and you can click a single icon to toggle T9 etc ON and OFF. Nice, no menus to delve through.
6) Includes nice in ear headphones that I have not tested, but there is a 3.5mm socket on the thing that plugs into the USB port (that acts as an audio out too) and I connected my Sony phones - and the sound is fantastic. Perhaps a tad better than my iPod Touch V2?
7) Bluetoothing files over to my MacBook was a doddle, and the Bluetooth 'radar' is fast and very cool. (Works like a WiFi finder.)
8) Using the phone is pleasure and in fact, many things are very much like the iPhone GUI.
9) The auto rotate is instant with no annoying delays.
10) I now need to dwell on the negatives, which are not killers, but need to be highlighted:
a) The mini (micro?) USB socket while great for charging the phone using ones laptop USB ports when on the go, also doubles as the audio out for the headset. You cannot therefore charge the phone and use the headset at the same time. (You could use stereo Bluetooth of course, but that would kill the radio.)
b) While the GUI (interface) is very nice and un-frustrating like earlier Samsungs, the whole experience is a tad sluggish. I am spoiled, having used a snappy Nokia E71 for a while, and other less complex phones. But like all touch screen devices bar some iPhone features, the inability to quickly do something is frustrating if you're always in a hurry.
The new LG Arena whose spec exceeds this machine (bar the slide out keypad) will be interesting to see.
In conclusion though, if you're NOT after a business/smart phone, this is currently the ultimate pro-sumer phone. Give her a whirl, you'll fall in love.
On My Handset The GPRS Sign Is Shown On The Top Icon As Connected.
I Am Not On The Internet But Is This Costing Me?
How Can I Get Rid Of It?
what about its music quality (mp3 player I mean)?
samsung is improving everyday
I compared this to my Innov8, the OLED makes the screen much better than mine but its too bad it hasnt got symbian OS. The touchscreen works fantastic, better then Pixon or Nokia's 5800.
Wifi is not a missing feature IMO
Although i knew innov8 has symbian OS while S8300 doesnt.
But i'm really curious which is better..
bcoz i do keep my nails long, hence the keypad gotten be slightly sensitive (soft pad) so i don't have to keep pressing the keys hard...
and also i tend to open files like MS word and txt or even adobe...
which has the best functions?
Anonymous, 31 Mar 2009Anybody who has used a touch screen only phone will now know after months of use that it is im... moreSamsung is not the first company to make touch screen phone with a keypad. LG KF700 was out way before it. Although the Samsung is much better phone.
Anonymous, 31 Mar 2009they call it ultra TOUCH with capacitive touch!!
but with a sliding keyboard???!!!! what the ... moreAnybody who has used a touch screen only phone will now know after months of use that it is impossible to text or email anywhere near as quick without a keypad or keyboard therefore Samsung has produced exactly what all you "Noobs who have just got a touch screen phone and think it's ace!" will want when you see sense!
You watch, the manufacturers will all follow suit long term. Fact is: You cant live without a keypad/keyboard!
Touchscreen + keypad = Samsung is forward thinking!
You can disagree all you want but you will one day realise they were right and the others will soon follow....