To Samsung Wave owners:
- How is loudness with loudspeaker ?
- Can you install easily java applications ?(on my Pixon you cannot install java files directly from the phone, had to use Wap)
- How is sound when recording video in loud place (disco)?
Chris, 14 Jun 2010it's a real wave, kaya siya 10 gig, 2 gig phone memory plus free 8 gig memory card.. I've cont... morecris can u tell me the exact location of the store in libis.i'd like to check if they have a copy of the user manual.i need a copy to fully utilized its operations.or maybe u can help me acquire one even photocopy.willing to pay cost.tnx
Hey guys just want to clarify those questions:
Does it have call recorder?
Document editor - Not important just asking
Howz internet speed?
How about multitasking?
Please respond ASAP
Isuru, 16 Jun 2010Please help - can we uses skype in s8500 nope, no skype on s8500..
bobby, 16 Jun 2010bos next week pa available samsung told me last night as we were having a meeting. shpment arr... moreThanks for updating us here as some of us are already tempted to buy on black market..
Chris, 15 Jun 2010To all pinoys, if you guys look at the wave page at Samsung Phil website, if you click the whe... morebos next week pa available samsung told me last night as we were having a meeting. shpment arriving to phil on the 18th so next week nasa dealers na. am 1 of them visayas dealers gleen mktg.
bobby, 16 Jun 2010units coming in to phil. june 18 so mid next week will be available in all dealers. it was sup... morethat's nice to here, and what's the price we need to expect from the dealers?
Thanks for the infos..
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2010Been to greenhills and they don't have stock yet... Even those dealers listed on samsung Phil ... moreunits coming in to phil. june 18 so mid next week will be available in all dealers. it was suppose to be last week but got delayed. i just got this info from samsung phil last night
brynn, 16 Jun 2010JUst spent 1hr gaming about an hour on web an got headache off bright screen ,,i have now lowe... moreYes, screen brightness is superb. I use it level 1 or 2 all the time. Even lvl 1 is ok in daylight. color is so vivid, crisp and sharp. I think the color is even better than laptop display.
After using the Wave, don't want to look at other phones' screens anymore. SuperAMOLED is simply the best. Thanks to Sammy.
My bloody iPad's screen is totally useless outside the house, can only use for a mirror, whereas the little wave's screen doesn't lose it's charm even a bit.
Anonymous, 16 Jun 2010phil stocks arriving 3days from now. expect mid next week will be in shelvesis that from a reliable source?
Anonymous, 16 Jun 2010Samsung Baguio told me the other week that it would be available in 2 weeks. Last Sunday, they... morephil stocks arriving 3days from now. expect mid next week will be in shelves
Anonymous, 16 Jun 2010I agree to all you said... So, nothing realy is noticeable change in F2? I stick to EE then...... moreyes, nothing is different in XXJF2. You only know when you dial *#1234#. :D .
JUst spent 1hr gaming about an hour on web an got headache off bright screen ,,i have now lowered it to level 1 and its still quite bright in web browsing..About widgets,ihave bcc i-player and bbc widget and thats it on homescreen..They need to get apps onto homescreen in proper grid,,these widget items just fill one screen or you may be able to get 2 on so waste of time..brilliant fone anyway without bada ..
Samsung Baguio told me the other week that it would be available in 2 weeks. Last Sunday, they extended the arrival indefinitely... Sorry... Maybe the Wave 2 will be coning first...jeje... Those who cannot wait, buy online like I did... Wave may already be old when it arrives here (just kidding)... Your wait will be rewarded... I cant understand, Koera is nearer to us than other part of the world yet, waiting is what we get...
scoopyscoopy, 16 Jun 2010I updated to Firmware XXJF2 but don't see any difference. Probably, wait for official updates.... moreI agree to all you said... So, nothing realy is noticeable change in F2? I stick to EE then... Thank you so much...
martian08, 15 Jun 2010Wrong... You are pertaining to the stalls in greenhills those stalls that do buy and sell they... moremartian08,
its my speculation, sori. my advise, dont buy phones there if no NTC sticker. this sticker represent a 1 year warranty and a legit phone. i bought my omnia 2 there with ntc sticker and no problem whatsoever.
I updated to Firmware XXJF2 but don't see any difference. Probably, wait for official updates.
- Beautiful Screen (the best - i did compare with my iPhone 3Gs. Wave is way better))
- Video ( the best - no lags, play almost anything, sharp and crisp )
- Audio ( the best with many settings, equalizer, effect and 5.1 sound - better than any phone out there)
- Very good quality headphone included
- body and touch screen is very resistance to finger prints
- Bluetooth working well, file explorer, A2DP and headset... etc
- Wifi ok
- slim and light body
- fast internet browser
- video call working well
- alarm clock is working well
- very fast and nice touch ( max fingers enabled )
- very good camera
- can protect mesages, emails and files with password
- message scheduling
- MMS working well
- Auto reject calls, message and emails
- Fake call is very nice (hold down volume button to activate)
- screenshot ( Menu + lock buttons)
- very good battery life
- Mobile tracker option ( it will send sms to a mobile, if you lose your mobile and someone put their sim card)
- SOS sms activation
- scratch resistance screen is really working.. no need to put screen protector like other phones.
- voice recorder and fm radio are working well too
- multitasking is very good, end key kill the program, long press menu key for task manager
- DLNA works well with PS3 for pictures, musics and videos
- USB mode Kies, MP, Mass Storage, PC internet and a few more
- can install apps in sd card
- exchange server sync doesn't work well (Should fix with future updates)
- very few setting in sound profiles
- predictive setting has to go through EN button (not one touch)
- very few cities in dates and time
- can't reset the phone to original factory setting unless you go through administration mode.
- no smart dialing with names
- no text reflow in web browser ( otherwise, it's the best)
- not many apps yet but growing everyday
- can't put custom fonts or change the text size (hopefully , it will come soon)
- I hate stupid touchwiz widgets ( I disabled them all) , should have been better with showing appointments, alarm and other info like daily briefing app but it has little customization .
- facebook apps is crap, it's better with browser fackbook
- flash is working but slow
- can't mute touch sound unless you mute the system sound
Waiting Features and Apps:
- a proper google map program
- digital compas
- eWallet like application
- remote desktop or vnc viewer
- better exchange sync
- expense tracker
- document editor