I updated to Firmware XXJF2 but don't see any difference. Probably, wait for official updates.
- Beautiful Screen (the best - i did compare with my iPhone 3Gs. Wave is way better))
- Video ( the best - no lags, play almost anything, sharp and crisp )
- Audio ( the best with many settings, equalizer, effect and 5.1 sound - better than any phone out there)
- Very good quality headphone included
- body and touch screen is very resistance to finger prints
- Bluetooth working well, file explorer, A2DP and headset... etc
- Wifi ok
- slim and light body
- fast internet browser
- video call working well
- alarm clock is working well
- very fast and nice touch ( max fingers enabled )
- very good camera
- can protect mesages, emails and files with password
- message scheduling
- MMS working well
- Auto reject calls, message and emails
- Fake call is very nice (hold down volume button to activate)
- screenshot ( Menu + lock buttons)
- very good battery life
- Mobile tracker option ( it will send sms to a mobile, if you lose your mobile and someone put their sim card)
- SOS sms activation
- scratch resistance screen is really working.. no need to put screen protector like other phones.
- voice recorder and fm radio are working well too
- multitasking is very good, end key kill the program, long press menu key for task manager
- DLNA works well with PS3 for pictures, musics and videos
- USB mode Kies, MP, Mass Storage, PC internet and a few more
- can install apps in sd card
- exchange server sync doesn't work well (Should fix with future updates)
- very few setting in sound profiles
- predictive setting has to go through EN button (not one touch)
- very few cities in dates and time
- can't reset the phone to original factory setting unless you go through administration mode.
- no smart dialing with names
- no text reflow in web browser ( otherwise, it's the best)
- not many apps yet but growing everyday
- can't put custom fonts or change the text size (hopefully , it will come soon)
- I hate stupid touchwiz widgets ( I disabled them all) , should have been better with showing appointments, alarm and other info like daily briefing app but it has little customization .
- facebook apps is crap, it's better with browser fackbook
- flash is working but slow
- can't mute touch sound unless you mute the system sound
Waiting Features and Apps:
- a proper google map program
- digital compas
- eWallet like application
- remote desktop or vnc viewer
- better exchange sync
- expense tracker
- document editor
cooza, 15 Jun 2010just down-loaded the ndrive app here in spain and its awesome.samsung spain are giving a free ... morewhat the hell Ndrive just came on the uk market and its £15 thats such a ripe off when considering its free in spain?
just down-loaded the ndrive app here in spain and its awesome.samsung spain are giving a free lifetime ndrive licience to all waves bought in spain and that down-load the 30 day trial between the 15th of this month and the 15th of august.after 30 days you renew it for free and then you get the licience.FREE!! What a bargain!!!!
Zam, 15 Jun 2010Yeah..neat one there from Ndrive..wish they could xpand to more countries, esp here in asia.. ... moreyes more apps please plus update of old ones ie france 24 and other popular ones we all want porting over..
Guys the Samsung Wave released today in Dubai and the price is 1,999 AED which is almost 548 USD. The phone is available everywhere and the price is fixed also.
Zam, 14 Jun 2010oo..which part of sabah r u from?been there quite few times already..even managed to climb mt ... moreI live in KK.. The main city.. But I'm originaly from the UK.. haha.. Been living here almost my whole life tho..
Thank god the Wave 2 is lesser spec'd than the Wave1.. Or I'd have to kill some1.. Lol.. Hopefully Il get this phone soon..! :))
Anonymous, 14 Jun 2010Does it support "touch focusing" during Still/video capture ??yes, it does support touch focus
aj_homer, 15 Jun 2010any update regarding the availability of wave in pinas? anyoneBeen to greenhills and they don't have stock yet... Even those dealers listed on samsung Phil site...
fadz, 15 Jun 2010well, i asked about 3-4 vendors and as always they go by their 6 pages of phone list and this ... moreWrong... You are pertaining to the stalls in greenhills those stalls that do buy and sell they sell secondhand cp... I'm talking about a store named planet gadget...in theatere mall... They do not buy and sell gadgets... And they order their phone from Korea.. Brand new... And if you still don't want to believe it... Read all the thread dated June 5/6/7 and you will see a comment from "mme...."(I forgot the name that he used but it start with those letters)he is the one who bought it... And if you are not satisfied he can post some pic in facebook... Get it? :)
Samsung Wave’s GSM version just went on sale in some countries and thankfully, for CDMA consumers waiting to ride the first bada Wave won’t have to wait longer. Samsung has prepared a CDMA version of their Wave handset and China will apparently be the first country to get it. It will be sold on China Telecom as BCH-F859 and supports EVDO Rev. A.
Except for that, the F859 is the same as S8500. This also has the snappy 1GHz CPU, 3.3-inch Super AMOLED screen, 5MP camera, 720p video recording etc.
There’s no word on the availability but considering Samsung’s intention to roll the device in many countries, the day shouldn’t be far away.
Samsung jet when introduced in india in june 09 cost 22k but now it cost only 13k for its good features.samsung wave will be introduced in india at the price of 22k to 25k but price will gradually come down. but have to wait another six months
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2010Ndrive app is available for download in samsung apps for Portugal free without fees or need to... moreYeah..neat one there from Ndrive..wish they could xpand to more countries, esp here in asia..
got papago for taiwan too..
common' developers!..we need more apps!!..
Ndrive app is available for download in samsung apps for Portugal free without fees or need to get 3G coverage when use it..great!
Chris, 15 Jun 2010Sorry, hehe.. closed because of store hours, i've tried to call around 8 PM a while ago..aw.. haha.. we have only 1 samsung store here in pampanga [i think].. just went there today and still not available..
neon, 15 Jun 2010closed as in closed and vacated.. or just closed because of store hours?Sorry, hehe.. closed because of store hours, i've tried to call around 8 PM a while ago..
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2010guys how to make screenshots for the samsung wave?
like a shortcut for it or something..to make screenshots wth the wave,just click the lock+menu buttin simultaneously,.it's quite tricky to get it done, but i managed to do it once..it's in the manual..
To all pinoys, if you guys look at the wave page at Samsung Phil website, if you click the where to buy and dealer locator, there are some dealers on selected city like Makati, Manila, Baguio.. It's few, but if one of you guys are closer there, you could check it or call the store.. I'm not sure if they sell already, but since it's on the list, it's worth trying..
I've tried to call some, but i've called around 8 so as usual, stores are already close..