karan1, 18 Jan 2012anyone please help me i go to customer care to buy tv out put cable for my wave2 ,they show m... moreGet the cable from ebay or try another store... u can get it for around Rs 250-350.
anyone please help me
i go to customer care to buy tv out put cable for my wave2 ,they show me cable and they priced 550 rs india
anyone buy this cable
and what about resolution see in tv is it clear?
is it worthy to buy?
ParasM, 17 Jan 2012Every time i try to update my wave through kies it shows me error as(additional 13MB space is ... moreThe place where samsung kies is installed(most probably your c drive).Free some space there as kies require around 3gb of free space and then try again.
errol_boy, 17 Jan 2012Is bada 2.0 update already available here in the philippines via kies? Thanks in advance fello... morenot yet, i'm from the philippines too so i just flashed my wave1 to the latest xxkl6 custom firmware from the official polish kies update and works just fine!
Anonymous, 17 Jan 2012As always, Wave1 is a top notch handset when it comes to Audio quality.Maybe. But my n95-8gb beats wave2 hands down when it comes to audio. Yeah, but wave2 has decent audio quality despite having just one speaker. (probably coz metals resonate better than plastic ;)
Is bada 2.0 update already available here in the philippines via kies? Thanks in advance fellow wavers!
Every time i try to update my wave through kies it shows me error as(additional 13MB space is require so delete some system files )..plz guide me how to solve this problem so that i can update my wave.....
this handset still has the best music performance for me. i have tried htc beats and also samsung galaxy note but nothing compares to the sound performance of this one... so far ...
Anonymous, 16 Jan 2012Will,
What's the FOTA file for?
Here's what i noticed so far after flashing
1. Multi ta... moreKen,
Am not sure what the FOTA file exactly does but I tend to think it supports Over The Air updates to the firmware. The flashing guide video on YouTube does not include it on Multiloader and so did I for the first time, so my phone flagged an error that FOTA files were missing and I had to flash it for a second time.
1. That has been an issue to me since bada 1.0. You realize that upon opening the phone browser while UCBrowser is running closes UCbrowser, or closes the Facebook App. Guess those applications that close upon opening Dolphin browser in real sense are using it in the background. Just try using Opera Mini for hassle-free faster browsing. Version 6.5 looks good after spoofing it, just open the phone browser only when you actually need it. It’s a memory guzzler!
2. That is a down-side fact for bada 2.0- lighting up the lock screen is just by lock key. Unlike bada 1.2 there is no setting to change.
3. My Polaris is also not working; just use the native file viewer for wave. Restart the phone if you had checked the option setting that documents should be opened by Polaris, and change to Piscel.
4. Yeah the swipe gestures were also changed in 2.0. So upon swiping you tap on the option you want.
5. Touch response may be not as fluid as on 1.2 but the difference is too little to note, and it is a price you have to pay for the eye-popping beauty and animation bada 2.0 has.
6. App not working may be compatibility issues, though am not 100% sure. In my case I downloaded a torch app which I used on 1.2 but it wouldn’t work on 2.0. But another one worked.
7. I do not see the need to reset your phone or format your SD card as long as you can access the content stored on it. Just be kind to your wave, run apps which and when you need them. Restart it say, once a day, to free up cache memory (Not a must). Change the browser settings to clear cache and cookies (if you do not need them that is)
NB: The Wave will always kick back badly if you try to make it a work-horse. It doesn’t have lots of RAM to spare. Be gentle to it and it shall never disappoint. Run apps that you need, only when you need them.
To S8500 User:
If you are using the same ROM (see previous comments) as the rest of us, then yours is a special case because none of us is experiencing that problem. In fact, I find calls clearer on bada 2.0. If you wouldn’t mind re-flashing the phone I would highly recommend it, and do it carefully, so that you are sure it is not a software-related problem. If you do this, and the problem persists, then your phone hardware needs to be checked. Best of luck.
Am using the phone for last one year. Quite content with the performance and everything. I dont know why Samsung decided to let go the Bada. Though it is just a name change yet the earlier announcement looks like an immature move.
Wil, 16 Jan 2012Ken you are not alone, even my phone faltered for the first time I clicked on the Download but... moreWill,
What's the FOTA file for?
Here's what i noticed so far after flashing
1. Multi tasking somehow not working properly.In v1.2, I can download using dolphin browser,download on Bada Apps and download emails all at the same time but now it cant. one application will close.
2. Only the key lock bottom can unlock the screen wherein any button worked on 1.2v.
3. Polaris Office Application not working. Fone cant still view certain pdf file. (i need this for viewing my ebills hehe)
4. on the old version, either in contact or message section, you can make call or text by sweeping left to right or right to left. This time, sweeping from left or right doest matter anymore. It will now give you options to touch.
5. Touch response is a bit lagging but bearable.
6. Lastly, I tried reinstall one application that i have purchased from bada store and it didnt work. i was able to download though but its not working.
Should i need to do fone factory reset and/or format SD card?
Need advise please.
Thanks in advance!
Very happy with my Wave 1, nearly 2 years already. I knew from the start Bada had no future compared to Android but the phone was exceptional at that time: great built quality, good battery, 5 Mp camera, 720p recording, fast processor, for a very low price, etc... But now time to move on and ditch this dead OS. SE Nyphon seems very great for my next phone.
i have samsung wave s8500 and want to use skype on it but have been told phone does not support skype can you help please
wow wave actually fared well against n8 in terms of taking quality pictures:
a quick summary of comments:
Hi, I just changed my wave from Bada 1.0 to Bada 2.0 two days ago. There seems to be a problem. The phone restarts itself everytime after i make a call. Is there anyone else facing this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Please help. Thank you very much
Anonymous, 15 Jan 2012Can this phone be used as a hotspot browser? If yes, How can I do that.settings-mobile ap-activate it...
ken, 16 Jan 2012I tried Will's step by step guide. My heart is pounding when i'm doing the flashing. I'm expec... moreKen you are not alone, even my phone faltered for the first time I clicked on the Download button, it's like the port was lost or something, and my case was even more serious because I had not included the FOTA files which the video does not include. But on a second attempt, I took the phone on download mode again and luckily everything worked perfecly.