Wil, 11 Jan 2012Wil
• First and foremost before proceeding backup all your vital data like contacts,... morehi wil
thanks for the most useful post ever made on this page
you said its the most stable FW till date , it was good to hear but i have certain doubts wch u might answer
1. i have games installed on my sd card- will this work on my wave once i have updated to bada 2.0 by the method u told
2. will i be able to continue download apps and games thru samsung apps on my phone as i dont use kies to download apps or convert video so i use the default samsung apps on my phone
3. is there any kind of memory issue
4. do the camera and video recording works fine
i knw this r many questions to answer but please do help with this
thanks in advance
Is that true that we can instal android software in samsung wave now ?
syed, 12 Jan 2012hw is the battery back up in thisI have had this phone for a little over a year. The only issue is the battery life.I don't use the phone very much.The battery that came with the phone had to be replaced. The new batteries, I have tried two only last one day without recharging. Most of the day it's not being used. Anybody know if there is something in the phone that can be change to prevent this battery problem?
syed, 12 Jan 2012how is the battery back up and how much i can get it for i am thinking to buy itMine is 3 to 4 days.
They should make an improved version of this often rather than making that galaxy trash series.Very good phone overall.2 days batt life medium use,just lower the screen brightness to 2-3,maximum is 10 for the most beautiful screen ever but last only 1 day.
Rohit, 12 Jan 2012Upgraded my phone with CAUTION, as suggested by Wil!! :)
And man!! Was really very surprised ... moreRohit thanks for the appreciation. In fact my phone has never re-started itself nor crashed while running this ROM, and am a heavy user,especially the bada 2.0 magic will not let you keep your phone down for the next several days.
So to spoof java apps:
1. Just download the .jar files.For example, if you want to install opera mini, download the opera jar file using your pc.
2. Download JAM_FOR_WAVE.zip from here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1345894 -> just scroll as you read through the page you will find it attached as a file in one of the comments.
3. Extract the .zip file and read the 'help' file--very straight forward, after you are done, transfer the modified jar file to your phone and install.Enjoy! Luckily for my case it is working for all versions of opera mini, nimbuzz, 2go,ebuddy and many other java apps.
Wil, 11 Jan 2012Wil
• First and foremost before proceeding backup all your vital data like contacts,... moreUpgraded my phone with CAUTION, as suggested by Wil!! :)
And man!! Was really very surprised to see - one of the stable version of Bada 2.0. Few things I love most about 2.0 are- small icons,new modified lock screen,touch focus and on-screen click button in camera,new social hub,custom opera mini...(i guess this list will go on and on). :D
Was thinking of switching to Android but I might hv to postpone my plan. :)
Thanks Wil for ur step-by-step guide!!
And very big thank to the developer who made this custom ROM.
Others plz NOTE: Several Bada 2.0 custom ROMs r available for download but this one I found cooler than others(atleast till date).
how is the battery back up and how much i can get it for i am thinking to buy it
• First and foremost before proceeding backup all your vital data like contacts, files, messages e.t.c because everything, even apps will be wiped out!
• Only works for WAVE 1-S8500
NB: Personally I backed up my contacts using kies then restored them after flashing(this ROM is recognized in KIES).
After backing up all your vital information and stopping to worry what might happen to your phone (nothing will happen if you follow the rules, I WAS ALSO VERY AFRAID), do this:
1. Download multiloader version 5.65 from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=939158 –(just scroll down the page and you will see a .rar file attached in one of the comments)
2. Download hjsplit from here: http://www.hjsplit.org/windows/
3. Download the first chunk of firmware files from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yy2bi4o47a8wim9
4. Download the second chunk of firmware files from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e65mdxedk84kndl
5. Once you have the two files(do not change their file extensions-let them remain as you downloaded them), you have to combine them so open hjsplit , select ‘join’ and select the input file which is the first firmware file you downloaded, the second one will be detected automatically but ensure the two chunks are in the same folder. Select the output folder where your two combined files will be stored in a .rar format called ‘ICS Custom FW S8500XXKK7-OXAKL6’
6. After ensuring the .rar files are not corrupt, just extract the contents of the rar file which now contains the firmware for your wave 1.
7. The folder name is also ‘ICS Custom FW S8500XXKK7-OXAKL6’-same name as .rar file. Save the folder somewhere easily accessible, you shall be accessing its contents later from the multiloader software later as you shall see in the guide video(see 8 below).
8. Now to flash your phone look for the guide video on you tube channel of-tapan15in-just search tapan15in on youtube and look for the video called: UPGARDING ANY VERSION BADA OS TO BADA OS 2.0.1.
9. There are two things the video is not clear on which I’l clarify-to take your phone to download mode, press the down-volume + lock key + power off keys together and also on the video the FOTA files are not included but in this case you will have to include them..just the same way as the others are,as shown on the video, and the file has the word ‘FOTA’ on it so you can’t select the wrong one .
10. After putting that into consideration, now start following the video and after about 20-30 min your wave will be running bada 2.0.
11. NOTE:DON’T PROCEED IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!! BUT IF YOU FOLLOW THE VIDEO AND MY GUIDE NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE.
12. After successfully flashing post on the comments here and I’ll explain how to install java apps so that they hide the virtual keypad and fit to screen, a feature lacking on this ROM, but everything else is excellent(there is even an android ICS theme).See here for more details: http://badadownload.com/2012/01/ice-cream-sandwich-s8500xxkk7s8500oxakl6-fw.html#more-9166
Wondering if I upgrade it to Bada 2.0, all my Bada 1.2 themes(approx 400 themes) will get wasted!! Is there any solution to this? Sad, If I didn't get a solution. Spent so much time downloading those!!! :(
AnonD-27987, 10 Jan 2012no galaxy S can,mate
and spec sheet is there...could you provide a proof that no single cor... moreYou mean to say "ur Galaxy S can 'MATE'"!!!
Interesting... I wonder what will be the outcome if Galaxy-S mates Wave!! It'll be a creation of whole new Galaxy, and its name will be (say) WAVAXY. So sexy!! Isn't it? :)
AnonD-23465, 09 Jan 2012thanks anonymous dude...that tapping sound was one of the worst part of ma wave IIU r welcome!! :)
Its Rohit, forgot to mention my name! Enjoy Life!:)