I have use this fone for over a month. Here us my list of the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
1. The Gud
- Screen: no need to elaborate, i fall in luv with it every time I look at the screen
- Battery: It was bad on first couple of days & then improved a lot. It lives little more than 2 days with more than normal use (little more than my Nokia 5800)
- Ease of use: was on top of it one first day itself :)
- the solid feel & handling
- Gud camera & amazing video recording capabilities
- GPS & Missing Google Maps
- Missing live wallpaper: it is an owesome feature in Samsung Galaxy S
- Apps Support: Hope this improves in coming days
- Missing Music Store OTA or Wifi stright from the fone just like Nokia or Apple (this is like expecting too much from Samsung :) )
- Unlock Procedure: I am worried that the extensive use of the unlock key will lead to very early wear & team of the key - hope samsung had something as easy as Android has using the screen.
- Kies: I have tried upgrading my fone multiple times but failed every time. Now have decided to not try again "Dont try to fix if it doesn't breaks"
In case someone can help me with the upgrading stuff ...
SK, 26 Sep 2010I bought this phone yesterday...one day experience is superb with this phone, but I guess this... moreHi SK,
Keep faith .. I had the same experiace when i bought this fone a month back .. but the life improved drastically in a week's time .. keep charging regularly & you will note the change ...
Keep Waving :)
rachna, 26 Sep 2010hi! have had this fone for about 3 months now. absolutely no complaints. One question though. ... more
I am able to use the bluetooth for file transfer from Laptop to Wave & Vice versa. Try pairing the devices .. might help
neo, 26 Sep 2010does any one try 720p .mkv files playback @24fps on wave?i have 1 720p mkv file at 30 fps, n its the best file i have, superb clearity......
i bought ot on august.main advantages display music video camera quality.disadvantage no good im clients.gps.but use gmail widget to enter gmail it will b good.i bought it at 17800.
Egyptian on Da Wave, 26 Sep 2010for those who don't know *#8740# to toggle between CP and AP UARTmay i ask what are these?
hi! have had this fone for about 3 months now. absolutely no complaints. One question though. I can transfer files from my laptop to the phone thru bluetooth but when itry to send files/images from phone to laptop thru bluetooth it says sending failed.
Also i have dowloaded kies on my laptop but not able to connect the device. help!!!
Anonymous, 26 Sep 2010Hey. It's available in South Delhi, Novelty Telecommunications in CR Park for Rs 19000, jus... moreThanks for the information:) but my friend bought it in 17300rs 1 month ago from East Delhi......19000rs is too costly.
Anonymous, 26 Sep 2010Can't find Wave in Delhi, everybody is saying it's out of stock.
Anybody knows where i can ge... moreHey.
It's available in South Delhi, Novelty Telecommunications in CR Park for Rs 19000, just got it today.
Can't find Wave in Delhi, everybody is saying it's out of stock.
Anybody knows where i can get this phone in Delhi?
hi i am from India
i wanna know can i buy piscel office(for editing doc files) from India? if so how?
another thing how good is d navigation support, means does it help in finding direction etc?
[deleted post]i bought 1 july.,,i am selling it14000Rs if u buy in this price then reply me.,,,.?
Angela, 26 Sep 2010I love the Samsung Wave. Have had the phone for maybe 6 weeks now and reckon it's the best tou... moreI very much agree...it ticks all the boxes. think i'm gonna keep this baby for a long time!
for those who don't know
*#8740# to toggle between CP and AP UART
For all those who are complaining about battery life, i have one thing to say:
activate and see the difference.
ruby, 26 Sep 2010hey guys i am not of a tech freak i have been reading the posts can anyone plz tell me what... moreKIES is the name of PC Suite for Wave. (Like Ovi Suite for Nokia and iTunes for iPhone etc)
i am not of a tech freak i have been reading the posts can anyone plz tell me what is KIES, is it in built in wave?
please hlp me out