Waves, 06 Aug 2010Joe - iPhone does have tethering. What remains to be seen is whether Wave can deliver the ... moreGuess Wave has a lot of catching up to do. The phone is still more like a feature phone with a lot of extra features. Plenty of polishing to do yet. I'm waiting for bada 1.1 or 2.0
joe, 06 Aug 2010surely wave has beaten iphone
looks are subjective but wave is better to hold in hands
... moreJoe -
iPhone does have tethering. What remains to be seen is whether Wave can deliver the same level of user experience that an iphone delivers. If you check, while iPhone has many "missing" features, users of iPhone are still delighted ones.
Anonymous, 06 Aug 2010My Wave doesn't have a digital compass :-(It does. Press #*0#* and you will see many options in a grid pop up. I think Compass is option number 9. Please note that there are 2 compass applications in Samsung App store as well. One is called compass and the other is called Mecca
To Wave Owners with FW version DXJF3:
Is your Equalizer and Effects working?
cooza, 06 Aug 2010dude i reckon you should take it back so it can be sent away to do a firmware update.especiall... moreI asked Samsung to update the FW right after I purchased it but they said the phone already have the latest. I tried to do it myself using Kies, but same result: I already have the latest firmware.
What buggged me the most:
Ringtones in Music player. It's very annoying.
Equalizer and Effects are not functioning.
Can't use Mobile AP and Bluetooth PAN service is missing.
The camera's not what I expected it to be, with GSMArena's review and everything. Photos had this oil-painting effect. A result of too aggressive noise reduction.
Waves, 06 Aug 2010Do you think this phone can surpass an iPhone, if more apps were to be made available in the S... moresurely wave has beaten iphone
looks are subjective but wave is better to hold in hands
there is not a single thing that iphone have n wave doesn't
but there are more than 5 features that wave have n iphone doesn't
such as tethering , flash support, etc.
lol wave screen is scratch resistant no need for screen guard maybe u got a fake wave lol
ohh no the wave's screen is not scratchless...............
my wave screen got minute scratches while playing games
need to get a screen guard
Do you think this phone can surpass an iPhone, if more apps were to be made available in the Samsung Apps store.
From what i have read, the Bada developer challenge ends on August 31st and post that I am sure the Samsung Apps store will have more apps than now. How useful will they be, is more a matter of conjecture.
Also, can some one compare the state of Samsung Apps to Android Market and Apple App Store when these 2 behemoths were in a similar stage of infancy.
gov, 06 Aug 2010Amazing screen, very good build quality, nice speaker, excellent call reception quality, the l... moredude i reckon you should take it back so it can be sent away to do a firmware update.especially if it turns of when watching vidz and the equalizers dont work.sounds to me like firmeware bugs.
New waver, 06 Aug 2010You cant play flv files. :) And Avi files play without any registration.ok, i'll take ur word for it New waver, i thank u for the rite info... :)
I have a charger socket.can i uge to charging wave bettery.nokia nd other charger safe for wave mobile or nt..,,,,?
Loveit dude, 06 Aug 2010Awesome!good to know, thx!You cant play flv files. :) And Avi files play without any registration.
Amazing screen, very good build quality, nice speaker, excellent call reception quality, the list goes on. A very good phone at a very good price.
I'll just focus on the bad and the ugly, and hope that future firmware updates can provide a fix.
Got my Wave last Saturday. After 6 days of fiddling with this beauty, here's my bugs/problems/what-i-want list.
My FW version is DXJF3, with 8gb microSDHC Class 4 card (didn't find any 16 gb class 6 around), and the phone is made in China by Samsung. And I like listening to music a lot.
1. The Equalizer and Effect is not working, even the 5.1 Ch. No difference in the sound output no matter what Equalizer Presets I used. Did I miss something here?
2. It plays the ringtones I have downloaded. I have around a hundred of them. I put it in the "ringtones" folder on the phone's memory. But while listening to music, ringtones are also played from time to time. It's even listed in the All Tracks. Obviously, a bug.
3. While playing music in random, the player first plays the tracks I skipped. I already skipped those tracks.
4. The phone restarted on me three times already. It happened during movie playback and while scrolling through my ringtones.
5. Mosaic Search function is gone on some videos.
6. Battery is fully charged but the phone says it's 85%.(Is this a bug?)
7. Browser keeps on reloading the page when I hit the "Back" button.
8. When the battery is low, the phone locks up even when idle for only a few seconds. Hope there's an option to change this.
9. Message alert tone set to 1 is still very loud.
10. I can't use Mobile AP. Always got this message: "Unable to use packet data". Tethering and Use packet data are activated. Totally lost here. I can't find any instructions on the manual.
11. Bluetooth Personal Area Network (PAN) service is missing, which is fine as long as I can use Mobile AP :-( It would be nice to have the Bluetooth PAN as a backup.
11. Doesn't support m4b format for audiobooks.
12. No other way of closing widgets one by one other than drag-n-drop. It's either drag-n-drop or close it all.
Music player. Hope Search can also do Artist, Album, and Genre. Like when I select the Artist tab, and search for, say, Artist X, it will display and play only tracks by Artist X. What happened with Wave was, it did display the songs by Artist X, but when I press next, it played the track of Artist Z. :-(
Activate mobile AP, then go back to the home screen. Press = to open the shortcuts panel, activate Wi-Fi. A message will appear asking you to deactivate mobile AP. Even if I select Cancel the Wi-Fi is still activated. But when I turn the Wi-Fi on via Settings/Connectivity, pressing Cancel doesn't activate the Wi-Fi.
Suggestions would be welcome.