Amazing screen, very good build quality, nice speaker, excellent call reception quality, the list goes on. A very good phone at a very good price.
I'll just focus on the bad and the ugly, and hope that future firmware updates can provide a fix.
Got my Wave last Saturday. After 6 days of fiddling with this beauty, here's my bugs/problems/what-i-want list.
My FW version is DXJF3, with 8gb microSDHC Class 4 card (didn't find any 16 gb class 6 around), and the phone is made in China by Samsung. And I like listening to music a lot.
1. The Equalizer and Effect is not working, even the 5.1 Ch. No difference in the sound output no matter what Equalizer Presets I used. Did I miss something here?
2. It plays the ringtones I have downloaded. I have around a hundred of them. I put it in the "ringtones" folder on the phone's memory. But while listening to music, ringtones are also played from time to time. It's even listed in the All Tracks. Obviously, a bug.
3. While playing music in random, the player first plays the tracks I skipped. I already skipped those tracks.
4. The phone restarted on me three times already. It happened during movie playback and while scrolling through my ringtones.
5. Mosaic Search function is gone on some videos.
6. Battery is fully charged but the phone says it's 85%.(Is this a bug?)
7. Browser keeps on reloading the page when I hit the "Back" button.
8. When the battery is low, the phone locks up even when idle for only a few seconds. Hope there's an option to change this.
9. Message alert tone set to 1 is still very loud.
10. I can't use Mobile AP. Always got this message: "Unable to use packet data". Tethering and Use packet data are activated. Totally lost here. I can't find any instructions on the manual.
11. Bluetooth Personal Area Network (PAN) service is missing, which is fine as long as I can use Mobile AP :-( It would be nice to have the Bluetooth PAN as a backup.
11. Doesn't support m4b format for audiobooks.
12. No other way of closing widgets one by one other than drag-n-drop. It's either drag-n-drop or close it all.
Music player. Hope Search can also do Artist, Album, and Genre. Like when I select the Artist tab, and search for, say, Artist X, it will display and play only tracks by Artist X. What happened with Wave was, it did display the songs by Artist X, but when I press next, it played the track of Artist Z. :-(
Activate mobile AP, then go back to the home screen. Press = to open the shortcuts panel, activate Wi-Fi. A message will appear asking you to deactivate mobile AP. Even if I select Cancel the Wi-Fi is still activated. But when I turn the Wi-Fi on via Settings/Connectivity, pressing Cancel doesn't activate the Wi-Fi.
Suggestions would be welcome.
And I simply love my wave. Hope they do something about the widget size though. I dont know, think they should be uniform sized for better placement. Wave can take samsung places, if they just finish the job on polishing it a bit more and practice some effective marketing !!
Anonymous, 06 Aug 2010DLNA uses wifi to play contents from your phone on your DLNA supporting tv.Thanks ! I am still looking into it. :) I still dont know if my TV has wifi or not. It is a an LG lcd television bought recently. Will be heading to its manual for the model no. and google can take care of it thereafter. :)
Anonymous, 06 Aug 2010Urgent! Mobile AP doesn't work. If I enable Use Packet Data and Tethering, always got this mes... moreI am using mobile AP right now. :) Are you using gprs ? or 3g ? Is it a steady connection ? Where are you from ?
DG, 06 Aug 2010Dear All,
I like this fone but found 2 issues with SMSs
1) I am not able to send SMS to mo... moreThe no.1 has not been tested by me.
For your no. 2 issue, there are limited no. of characters allowed in 1 sms, if the characters exceed that number, it gets divided into 2, or more smses, depending on the number of total characters used.
It happens in every phone, when you send a longer sms, you get charged for 2 msges, Wave just gives a warning that you are sending 2 msgs.
Urgent! Mobile AP doesn't work. If I enable Use Packet Data and Tethering, always got this message: Unable to use packet data. If I disable both, no internet access.
Ram, 06 Aug 2010U are talking about the sales person. Who cares "AS FAR AS I KNOW " from you. U ARE ... morehey ram , what do u mean by conditioning ? my wave battery hardly lasts for 2 days ,i dont know aht to do yaar , once i charged my mobile full at night and early in morning it is completly drained out i checked my running applications as well , even i switched off wii fi and bluetooth , i dont know whats happewning
mike, 06 Aug 2010hey guys! i just want to ask how much is this phone in the Philippines... thanks in advance...the price in the phil, if you are going to pay in cash, it will cost you around 18k+, but if you want to pay installment by 1 yr, it will become 21k+
I like this fone but found 2 issues with SMSs
1) I am not able to send SMS to more than 10 ppl at once...It says too many recepients....
2) very often, when I receive an sms and try to send it to someone else, it says it has to send it in 2 SMS. Its weird that it can receive as but but has to divide a bit longer SMS to 2 smss...
Has anyone found the same issue or does it work fine for you all lucky ones...or is there any soln. for it ??
Thanks in advance...take care...
vikas, 06 Aug 2010is it possibl to adjst the time for automatic keyguard lock?? pls reply..Settings >> Display and light
New waver, 06 Aug 2010No you cant play flv files on it ! And avi files play even without registration. is it possibl to adjst the time for automatic keyguard lock?? pls reply..
Anonymous, 06 Aug 2010Yes wave is specialized on avi videos as long as you will register (free) to Divx website. If ... moreNo you cant play flv files on it ! And avi files play even without registration.
hey guys! i just want to ask how much is this phone in the Philippines... thanks in advance...
is it possibl to adjst the time for automatic keyguard lock?? pls reply..
New waver, 06 Aug 2010What are you trying to do ?? i dnt knw abt data abort.i just click it.phone restart
Loveit dude, 06 Aug 2010hello guys, i've got lots of avi type videos, can this phone support this type too? reply pls.... moreYes wave is specialized on avi videos as long as you will register (free) to Divx website. If not you can't play it on your Wave but you can play flv files.