Android Fanz, 02 Aug 2010I am not waiting for Bada update. I am waiting for ppl to port Android into this CMI OS!!!!do not be a fo*ol and go directly to an andriod phone,because most people who bought the wave ,wanted the bada os .
Now the Compass application is available in samsung apps
Great job guys i have only one issue with this beautful beast that is rectified now
phones fan, 01 Aug 2010i do not have your phone's issues but nevertheless everyone is waiting for bada updates and m... moreI am not waiting for Bada update. I am waiting for ppl to port Android into this CMI OS!!!!
shan, 02 Aug 2010@scoopyscoopy
what is stune??? and how do u access registry? thru phone or thru PC suite (kies)?I recommend to visit Samsung Firmware World for more information. http://www.samsungfirmwareworld.com/hack-system-os-t468.html
Stune a tiny and the only program that can access Wave's bada OS as far as I am concerned. But you have to know what you are doing otherwise, you can brick your phone. Anyway, you don't have to worry if you have a bit of IT knowledge.
Follow these steps if you want to try and use at your own risk.
1. You can connect your wave to computer with either Samsung Kies or USB debugging mode.
2. Run Stune.exe from Samsung Firmwares World website (link above).
3. You will see "Samsung Mobile Modem V2" with usb icon in device list.
4. Double click on the device and Stune is connected with Wave now and you will see it's properties such as model #, Firmware, etc..
5. Go to "Browser" tab and double click on "Registry" and a list of registry comes up.
6. Right click on "MsgSetting.ini" and Click on "Copy" and save it somewhere such as Desktop.
7. Open the "MsgSetting.ini" with a notepad or something.
8. Change the setting as you desire and save it.
9. Go back to Stune windows and right click "MsgSetting.ini" and copy your save file from computer to Stune. Drag and drop method only works here. I think you can override it but Stune will not ask you any confirmation for that.
10. After that you disconnect your phone and reboot it. And that's it.
My FW version is DXJF3. Found bugs, some major and some just minor. I've listed it all. I'll post it in a few days.
scoopyscoopy, 02 Aug 2010well, max recipients for sms is 10 but you can change it in registry with stune. registry --&g... more@scoopyscoopy
what is stune??? and how do u access registry? thru phone or thru PC suite (kies)?
Anonymous, 02 Aug 2010anyone from india who has bought wave recentlyYes i got wave any question?
Anonymous, 01 Aug 2010Think twice before buying this phone, Don't believe the reviews and hype, just try it in real ... moreU mean its has only great disply and ntng more than that.i m not agree vid u at all.it is the best phone ever made by samsung
Anonymous, 01 Aug 2010I hope samsung release bada 1.1 soon, they really need to fix it:
make it less battery hung... more
I hope samsung release bada 1.1 soon, they really need to fix it:
make it less battery hungry
release a tons of apps
reduce the distortion of the camera in low light areas
The OS is capable of a lot of things but it's doesn't feel like a smartphone
shan, 01 Aug 2010@abhi and
so, the max limit to whom i can send 1 sms at a time in wave is 20...... morewell, max recipients for sms is 10 but you can change it in registry with stune. registry --> msgsetting.ini .
Anonymous, 02 Aug 2010what is the default pin for reset call,time,cost manger in waveThere is no default password. It is your phone password. You have to create one. If you haven't then, go to Setting --> Security --? Change Password and enter any password you like but 4 -8 digit numbers only.
Guys whenever im using the internet, and the wi-fi signal gets lost, it automaticaly starts using the 3G :/
how can i deactivate this? :(
Galaxy, 01 Aug 2010No when I got the wave it was more expensive the price has dropped due to the poor os where as... morethe bada os is a very powerful OS ,it can do many things that other os just recently added .
the price of samsung wave still the same ,but you bought it over priced,because you did not take your time when buying.
any way wave and galaxy are made by samsung so no need for bashing.