[deleted post]for now it has to stay.....for long long time........hey guys has any body used route 66 in india....how to use or activate it.......how does gps work please help
phone have poor signal.im afraid.help me.nd rply.is this phone ok for network sognal...?
while istaling Kies please check ur anti virus settings and if u enable them in details >settings(Kaspersky), u will not see any problems.
Jithin Saji, 03 Jul 2010for all those having some issues with using Kies, here goes a small guide.. It worked for me o... moreGood job Jithin Saji.
As for PC running windows XP. My Kies connection will be like these;
1. Install the latest Kies software in your pc running windows xp, vista & windows 7. Download the software from Samsung Mobile website.
2. In Kies window, press Kies in the upper left corner, go to settings, check the first 2 boxes so that Kies will open automatically when your phone will be connected to your pc(after setting your phone).
3. Exit Kies.
4. In your phone (Wave), go to menu, settings, connectivity, USB, Samsung Kies.
5. Come back to idle screen or home screen.
6. Long press menu button, and delete any application running except Home screen and widget. This is very important.
7. Come back again to idle screen.
8. Then connect the device to your PC through your USB cable. This can be done in either end of the cable to plug first, as long as your PC and phone are connected.
9. Then leave the phone on its own. Do not press any button now. If you press the end key as instructed by your phone, you will be directed back to idle screen and cancel the connection.
10. Your PC operating system will automatically install the driver for the phone.
11. Now the phone driver will be installed. You can see the dialogue box saying GTS8500 is detected. A single pop up window for the phone memory folder and memory card (if any) will appear.
12. Please disconnect your phone properly after your task has been done to avoid error in your next connection.
13. Exit first the pop up window for the memory folders.
14. Then click your phone icon in Kies window to disconnect your phone.
15. Exit Kies.
Anonymous, 03 Jul 2010i think this was just a mock up of the os for a product presentation. the camera app and the m... moreyes, but it's close or its the same to what we will expect to a theme for the wave..
Chris, 03 Jul 2010yes the speaker is loud, the phone is almost moving when you put the speaker to the maximum vo... morei think this was just a mock up of the os for a product presentation. the camera app and the menu are different. even the hardware itself.
guys help me out..
not able to install kies as it says..not able to access file server..check ur network setting..
i have downloaded the setup file frm samsung site..but while installing it keeps saying dis..i am behind a proxy server...is this causing the problem??
Burs, 02 Jul 2010Interesting.... then I'll try to check a few more powerpoint files, but it's really weired it ... moreYou mentioned your powerpoint is in .pps?
Is that the older version of powerpoint? Cause' the one I used is in .ppt
Anonymous, 03 Jul 2010Hello chris. I have plenty of questions:
How's the loudspeaker? Is it good?
Can you change t... moreyes the speaker is loud, the phone is almost moving when you put the speaker to the maximum volume and play a music full of base.. For the headset, it is also loud, can't stand the the maximum volume, specially when the 5.1 surround was enabled.. for the background, yes there will be themes for the wave, but as of now, there are only 1 available theme, and it's menu background is black.. wallpapers can only be set on the home screen background, not on menu background..
here is a sample of what a different theme of wave looks like, but i can't find this theme anywhere..
for the grouping of icons into folder, i still don't know if it is possible at the current firmware, but maybe on future updates, Samsung will include those function, i hope..
Chris, 03 Jul 2010been using wave for a few days now, so far it never hanged or crashed or anything.. the web br... moreHello chris. I have plenty of questions:
How's the loudspeaker? Is it good?
Can you change the background of the menu? It's all black on videos i've watched.
Can you group apps in one icon? Like just one icon for all applications. Thanks.
ok, so here are a little cons i've noticed, let's be fair =)
the low battery warning is fixed to i guess 10%? i hope future firmware updates will let a user to set it's low battery warning level, just like in a computer.. also, when the battery is low, it locks the screen every time if idle for 5 seconds? i hope that can be also set by user..
that's the issue i've noticed with this phone so far..
[deleted post]It was a reply to me.(watch this first than comment, '> in reply to ...') he might need some help, if he asks this in English than I might be able to help him.
WaveR, 03 Jul 2010been using the wave for almost a week now and no crashing or freezing so far.
also for thos... moreThanks for reply,
can you tell me the price of s8500.
and its digital compass is working fine or not ???
Hey, guys, anyone tried to change their Samsung Wave firmware? Does it worth changing? BTW, maybe someone know which version is for Great Britain. Many thanx (:
for all those having some issues with using Kies, here goes a small guide.. It worked for me on Win7 32 bit.. hope it does for you too!
1. Install the software from the setup.
2. In the phone, in settings/connectivity, select USB as Samsung kies.
3. Come back to idle scree.
4. Long press menu button, and delete any application running exept homescreen and widget. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
5. Come back again to idle screen.
6. Then connect cable to phone and leave the phone on its own. DO NOT PRESS ANY OTHER BUTTON NOW.
7. Win 7 will automatically install the driver for the phone.
If it doesnt, give win7 the option to search for the driver automatically.
8. Now the phone driver will have been installed by Win7 and you will see dailogue box saying GTS8500 detected something something...
9. Now open Saksung Kies software.. in the default screen, kies will try to connect to device, then when it is detected, GTS8500 icon will come on home screen of Kies..
and voila! you are now ready to install apps, share data to the device...etc..
Hope it helps,
Jithin, Mumbai, India
Hi guys, does anyone knows how to take a photo using the internal view camera(Video call camera) ?
D Lee, 03 Jul 2010I'm the one who posted the ONLY post mentioning dropped calls.Call me silly, I simply refuse t... moreif u hav a problem u shud go to the samsung customer care centre instead of posting arguments here. Arguing is of no use.
[deleted post]That is because all WAVE users are fully satisfied or let me say "delighted" with their handset !!
I wont be surprised if the rating actually reads 10-10-10 one fine day !!!
Honestly speaking , the other crappy phones [like our biggest failure called "i-crap"] are helping for this phenomenal popularity of the best phone ever created called "WAVE".......
i-crap users are drowning in their own tears & their frustration is really showing when we read their "crappy" comments in our WAVE-SECTION.....
I really pity those "dumb-individuals" who have no respect for their hard-earned money , using it to buy i-crap.....
HAIL WAVE !!!