no sd slot, just 70mb onboard, ample to be honest. dead sexy phone just try not to stand on it like i did. lcd screen is not exactly robust!
Hi! Can sum1 pls clarify if U100 really does have FM Radio. I've checked the specs and with some suppliers saying dat it does not have FM Radio. To sum1 who has U100...
No card slot, i bought one u100 yesterday.
Incredible slim phone but it's very big, more than x820
there seems to be 2 different versions of this phone, looking at photographs of the phone on different web sites in some pictures the middle silver directional key pad is bigger on one phone and smaller on a different photograph of the phone. is one of them a proto type? thanks
@Fishy: im sorry but there is no FM radio, at least not in the current firmware that I use. I suspect that might get upgraded though, as e.g. the vidcam menu only allows me to select up to 176x144. 320x240 and 352x288 are greyed out for some reason (?).
Battery life is pretty good, I am not complaining (used to Nokia 6230). Lasts 2-3 days with normal use.
Does anyone know if the bluetooth works with Mac OS X for file exchange (pictures, mp3s), or for using as a modem?
see link about FM Radio:
It says on the official site that the U100 does have an F.M Radio.
this battery sucks! worse than the 8800... I guess that's what you get when you only have 5.9mm!
I have bought the U100 in the Netherlands and it comes with the following languages:
- swedish (so, YES)
- greek(?) (ellenika)
- magyar (??)
- cestina (??)
... so quite a few ;)
=====REVIEW OF THE SAPPHIRE BLUE U100
first impressions: extremely thin, but actually it is still quite a big phone really (lxw).
- display is beautiful. brilliant colours!!!
- sound quality is very good (music through earphones in particular but talk qual. also is VERY good.)
- the camera makes very nice pictures. 3.2 megs and it shows. BEAUTIFUL colours, rich. Dont expect hairsharp images ('just' 3.2mp) but it is good. I was searching for a camera review and there doesnt seem to be one around so i might post one somewhere if anyone is interested.
- wasnt able to test video cam fully. Seems to stop after 15 sec for some reason (?) and for some reason i couldnt select any higher resolution. Will investigate, let me know if you want to know more.
- battery life is surprisingly good!! lasted several days, incl using the camera, mp3 player, phonecalls, file exchange, bluetooth on, hadnt even charged it fully. Nothing to worry there - it is GOOD.
-NO VOICE DIALLING. Really miss that (have it in my wallet and use a bluetooth set).
- KEYPAD is not very good. If you type numbers too fast it does NOT pick them all up e.g. 6999 becomes 699; and I am sure I type firmly. Same with the multifunctional button in the middle. It seems an issue with the way the keystrokes are processed (software rather than hardware). For the rest the keypad is pretty responsive so it feels good to use.
- Cant seem to be able to fully configure the center button (e.g. down arrow: set it to browse contacts).
- Menu is a bit clumsy in general although they do a far better job than e.g. sony ericsson (k750i). Used to Nokia, miss the simplicity e.g. with writing messages.
- alarm doesnt seem to go off when the phone is not working (not sure about this one).
the fact that it has no exchangeable SD card or something like that is not a 'negative' point, it is obvious something has to give when you make such a thin phone.
all in all a great, light and super thin phone with lots of functionality (for its calibre -- dont expect 2gb cards, huge screens, etc!). It has two main disadvantages in my view:
- no voice dialling (i could have just held it in my wallet all the time that way; as i initially planned)
- it seems to be bigger than strictly necessary as the bottom part is just 0,5 cm of plastic (to my best judgement)
would like to see in next version:
- memory slot
- voice dialling
- get rid of bottom 0,5 cm
I like to know if anyone purchased this phone in EU-vers. and can tell what language it comes with... like to know if it contain the Swedish language... like some other Samsung EU-mod. has..
If you dont use it very much then it is about 3 days but when you do that, it is about 2 days.