I got this phone in october last year and for the past 3-4 months it has been tripping out and has finally given up on me. It has been sent back to the shop where bought and they couldn't fix the problem so it had to be sent off too a 3rd party. The phone was very good and stylish the only problems i found quite often was that the music player had to stop playing before i could look at any pictures. I did enjoy this phone for a little while until it began to slow down and i am a very fast texting girl so the phone can't keep up.I have had various problems with hearing other people on the end of the line and them hearing me. There are however some good qualitie for example: it is smart looking and small.I wouldn't recommend this phone and i am usually a very good judge of character when using phones this however did not get rated very well with me.
bought the set 1 months ago. the phone is awesome, sound quality is great(sonic sound experience). display is also awesome but its create problem when u outside or under direct sunlight. media player, messaging, remembering the last visit menu, camera, video and tv output is awesome for such a slim set. fm radio is extra advantage over its brother u700(u 700 also record video at qcif, where u600 record video in cif at 15 fps).i dn find any problem using touch button, its great. only problem so far i have seen in sliding mechanism. But i think its ok for a slim set. battery is average. it lasts 2 days with proper use of bluetooth, mp3 player, camera and calling. it has a great feature called u live(menu, messaging, remembering, media player etc). You will not understand this unless you buy this phone. previously i used N95. I know nokia is more advance than this phone. but believe me, It has such some nice feature that i love it over nokia. this is the best phone compare to the price.
omar, 05 Jun 2008was just wonderin is it possible to to multitask on this phone while listenin to music?? cuz i... morei can multi task with everything but the camera,games or internet... it always asks to turn off media player...
tox, 10 Jun 2008The U600 is severely flawed.
1) You have to use special headphones from Samsung. There is no... moreok, i understand most of what you are saying ... mine is 2 years old... IN THE TROPICS... i don t see how you would have a problem turning your phone to silent, when it does have an offline mode which would help if you want to have it on at work but no calls, or just do what normal ppl would do... PUT IT TO SILENT AHEAD OF TIME... YOU'RE JUST BEING LAZY AND BLAMING A TOOL...
the phone works just fine for me, unfortunately, the screen got damaged, i do agree that the housing is flimsy, and the camera should have a quicker response time, but its a phone with a 3.2 megapix cam... its amazing either way...
my complaint lies with the cam tho, try taking night shots in a club... with flash... you get 'ghost' shots... however when i tried with a ericcson of same year, crystal clear, not only that, you can't edit pictures that have been sent to the phone via bluetooth. its horrible. but hey... i paid like 200.00 u.s. for it... i still love it....
Bought this phone last week, now the touch buttons dont respond to my imputs... Anyone have this problem? Anyone know how to fix this? =(
Does anybody know if U600 has blacklist feature?Thanks in advance to those who send a reply to my question!
I bought this phone few days ago, for the first time this phone menu confused me bcause I used to goes with nokia. The advantages of this phone are:
- Slim and stylish phone, feel comfortable in hand.
- Very cool dialing display, as u can see in U600 review.
- The battery is ok I think, it lasts for 3-4 days (standby mode).
- No profile, only general and silent mode, but I like that and I think it makes it simple. I mean, how many times u're gonna change ur profile in one day?
- Camera is good.
- Music player is good, u can make a playlist on the music player.
- The switch on/off button is the same button as the unlock keypad button. It's very easy to unlock the keypad, and u have to hold the button more longer to switch on the phone,... BUT u need more pressure to switch the phone off! I'm struggling with it many times.
- The sensitivity of the keypad is toooooo sensitive, and sometimes it works slowly.
- It's so hard to find free U600 themes download on the net, not like nokia.
- No 3G.
- The phone automatically lock the keypad for every 5 seconds, it's a bit annoying because u have to always unlock it.
Well, anynody knows where can I download free themes for U600? and how bout turning off the automatically keypad lock?
do i need an antivirus for this phone? if so, where can i get one? for free i hope..
samsung fan, 10 Jun 2008james to activate call waiting go to settings, network services, call waiting. hope this helps!slightly embarrassed by how easy that was after all - thansk for your help.
The U600 is severely flawed.
1) You have to use special headphones from Samsung. There is no standard headphone jack. Also the radio feature requires headphones (the wire is also the antenna).
2) The "tv out" feature requires another cable not included with the phone (no mention of this on the box anywhere).
3) Mp3 files on the memory card can only be played by individually selecting them. No autoplay, random play, playlists. Individual selection. Browsing your files is slow and inefficient.
4) The interface is not customizable enough. No profiles for example. I have to keep my phone on during work but don't want it to make any noise in a meeting. You can't quite turn off every noise and stupid sound effect, even by holding # to go into silent mode. Having the "xylophone" sound play when I punch the wrong button is embarassing.
5) You have 3 font sizes to choose from, large, larger, and gigantic. I love dialing 9 or 10 digit phone numbers and seeing the last digit or two wrap to the next line.
6) Many reports from users about the screen going bad. (Google it)
7) Rather flimsy construction. Take the battery cover off for the first time and you'll realize that the plastic case is very thin.
8) Text messaging interface is disfunctional. It's extremely difficult to entrer a word that's not in the phone dictionary (by the way you can't remove or edit an entry once it's added). Try to back up and fix a word that you've already "finished" is so broken that you're better off deleting that word and writing it from scratch. It's super easy to press the wrong button and lose your message.
9) The camera is super slow to snap the pictures, something like 5-7 seconds. Good luck getting a spontaneous photo. I've learned to press the button then say "SMILE" after waiting 5 seconds. I've found you have to hold it down for a long time 2-3s to assure the camera will start the 5-7s process.
10) Using Bluetooth audio for music is difficult and tedious. If you back out of the audio player to use other phone features it disconnects (common because the soft button is so easy to accidentally bump).
11) The software to interface with the phone is flaky and chalked full of features that nobody wants.
does anyone know how to send a photo with a text message with this fone. I have tried but it doesnt let me do it.
zah11, 19 May 2008i had this phone and it didnt even last for one year. it's suppose to turn 1 yo this october. ... moresah11 i have had this phone for just over a yr, definitely one of the worst samsungs produced, screen cracked underneath, kept on turning off, screen went blank. ended up taking it back to the carphone warehouse where i bought it from and guess what samsungs has 2yr warranties. so take your phone back if its acting up.
James C, 04 Jun 2008help please - this phone is driving me bonkers. anyone know how to activate call waiting? i'... morejames to activate call waiting go to settings, network services, call waiting. hope this helps!
how do you get mxit to work on the phone it downloaded but does not work
Awesome phone. Slim, fast, looks sweet. The only thing i don't like: it takes too long to take a picture in any resolution. I wish they would come out with a similar model with a faster processor.
This phone sounds (well from ur comments) like a much better phone than its brother U700... From most comments on U700, despite it stylish look, its pain will peel off in weeks which'd be a nightmare for me if i had chosen it! looks like U600 can be my option. :)