can anyone tell me if the video quality of this phone is good..or decent enough to buy it???..and ALSO the sound quality of it..is it loud and clear enough??...
its the worst phne ever nobody shood get it its camera is like 1 mp it sucks i have the motorizr and its the best thing ever i will never get samsung again
i would just like to know if it comes with an adapter, that can be connected to a computer, or must it be bought seperately.and secondly can it be used effectively as a modem for my computer?
I have tried the U700 and found the followingd so far:
1-The operating system is defferent from U600. It is much better and far faster. So far it is the best and fastest operating system among Samsung to handles the memory card.
2- It is able to backup contacts to my file on the phone and then can be transferred to memory card.
1- Can't Install Java application, even I tried the Java installer code for U600.
2- The video resolution is QCIF ( 176 x 144 ) similar to X700 which is very bad.
3- No TV-out support.
4- Not supporting MP4 video files.
5- No answer machine.
6- No MMS templates.
7- NO Radio.
8- No full screen display for photos
I have been using this phone for a week bt iam telling u iam already hooked ,samsung you are the best.
Does anyone know if I can download a GPS tracking system to my U700? Might sound silly but is it at all possible?
can anyone tell me how to change the sms tone to one of my own tones , not sure how to do it. ive had this phone for 4 days and i think that it is a great phone ..
Hey Paul.. I had a D900 and now have bought a U700. The only advantage is the U700 has 3G and if the D900 had 3G capability I never would have changed.
D900 is a great phone, overall pretty much has the same basic features excpet the casing. Ones black and the other silver. D900'S camera is VERY VERY slow. Also the phone had alot of drop outs as well, this could be caused by network related issues.
U700 has 3G and HSDPA as where D900 has not.
Would you get this phone over the Sony Ericsson T650i? I'm having trouble deciding. Thanks.
How do i change the tone of my sms alert? Cant seem to find it? And if i downloaded a sound, how do i make that my sms ring alert?
To minimise musicplayer go to music player, options, player settings, background playing, on. Play music and click on "back"
To make keytones go away - go to idle screen press volume button down till is switches off.
hey,im geting the u700 2morw just wana knw can it download files frm the internet that are over 1mb lol....i got the d600 and id does nt download big files HELP ANYONE??
Singapore - I'm now the proud and delirously happy owner of the gorgeous U700 and I'm absolutely loving it!
I'm pleased to report that the slider works perfectly well (no rattling nor wobbling), the volume of the ringing/message/alarm tone is loud enough (this is coming from someone who's real fussy about this bit) and the touch keys work like a dream (not overly sensitive nor retarded).
My only complaints (so far):
(1) The keypad is of the "tic tac toe" grid design version, and not the one shown in the pic of this forum. Perhaps that's only for European market? I really wish the keypad is of the latter design...it looks so much better.
(2) The Caller ID image is ridiculously t-i-n-y. I was looking forward to having a full-screen Caller ID since the screen of this phone is large enough...only to be majorly disappointed when a teeny weeny square appeared. Anyone knows if there's any way around this problem? Can it be customised to full screen?
(3) There are like just 20 tones for both ringtones and SMS - out of which only 3 are music to the ears (in my humble opinion).
(4) It's all too easy to get fingerprints all over the shiny screen...but a good wipe with tissue papers can solve the problem. Does anyone know if there are screen protector specifically made for U700? I called up the local Samsung headquarter and they said no.
(5) There seems to be only one colour (orange) for the highlighted sections. Again, anyone knows if I can change that?
(6)Photos are automatically saved in Landscape format even if they were taken in Portrait view. You need to go to "Edit" to rotate it and save it as another file.
That's it for now...will report back again when I've explored it further!