Oh yes and I forgot to add:
The keys lock when you make a call so that your cheek does not touch the touch sensitive keys. Two ways to end a call:
1. Close slider.
2. Press middle ("OK") button once to unlock then hang up key to drop call. Incidently if you want to go to speaker phone during a call, press middle ("ok") button once, then again for speaker phone.
Hope this helps...
how do i cancel a call easily ? the keys lock when a call starts, so i have to close fone to end call. pressing the call end button does nothing (coz its locked)
I got my U700 yesterday and I am quite impressed by it. It is the fanciest phone i have owned. It verges on bling and looks way better (and smaller) than all of Nokia's current phones.
1. I find none of the rattling issues on the phone, it is well built (like all Samsungs) but it does feel delicate - I'd be scared to drop it.
2. The touch button are UNSENSITIVE. Sometimes I have to press twice - I have learned a quick hard touch does the trick. Sometimes you press an unwanted button but this will ease once one gets used to this.
3. It does have an extensive Snooze option on the alarm.
4. It can RING AND VIBRATE at the same time (Profile, Options, Edit, Ring Melody...)
5. To "silence" a call press the volume buttons while ringing.
6. To avoid fingerprints on the screen leave the protective film on the LCD - you hardly see it AND use your thumb on the scroll wheel to open & close. The scroll also have protective film on it - remove it and the scroll is "graded" to assist in opening & closing.
7. It DOES NOT have an FM radio - does not bother me at all. I listen to radio in car only.
8. The 3G reception is brilliant - better than my friend's V600 Sony. The internet is quick when on 3G - I use it on my PC without any hassle. Pity my HSDPA reception in my house is weak, luckily 3G works fine!
9. I find the scroll very cool. And the phone is not "slow", the speed is pretty normal but not lightning fast.
10. You can have your own sms tone - but need to convert whatever sound you want into .mid first.
11. The sound is not as loud as Nokia's but is adequite, better than my old D500.
12. Sometimes the speaker sounds a bit "crackly" but generally quality is good.
13. Remember to switch off 3G (UMTS) and put phone into GSM mode to spare battery. Only put on 3G (UMTS) when wanting to surf web.
14. Screen is nice and big and very clear - even in daylight it is clear.
15. To turn off the sounds of the keys (sound on every key press or scroll). Go to idle and turn down the volume till it switches the sounds off.
16. You CAN personalise the shortcuts on the scroll button - ie left button for messages, right for alarm etc.
17. I can't seem to get the flash to work as a flash light - pity.
18. The google link to gmail works great and is great for mobile email if you have a gmail account.
Generally I like it alot - only phone with HSDPA that is so small. I especially like the scroll that doubles up as up, down, l, r buttons. There are no major negatives to the phone and the benefits of the phone outway the few negatives, by a large margin.
Let's see how it goes over the next few weeks.
Don't buy from e-buy-global.com !
It's strange that they got mobile phones 70% cheaper, e.g. 8600 Luna - $150. It's that odd, that it doesn't even cover production expenses...
So, my advice: don't even write to them. They aren't really from Italy! Their host is somewhere in Israel! It might aswell be some kid playing around behind his PC, and getting his money off our backs.
When I asked for their company's registration number, business rate, or something like that, the director replied to me they haven't got it for anybody. 'Cause that's something that has to be made public, so anyone may verify it.
HI guys, im actually thinking if i should buy the U600 or the U700... whats the big differents between these 2 phones? What i had readed on i-net most ppl say U600 has more options to use etc?..Can someone tell me more about this plz?
just got this game yesterday and it is AWESOME! i just have a question about the Calender and tasks etc. How do i get it to automatically use the T9 dictionary?
when i create a new calender entry, it defaults to the old manual text style and i have to press and hold * to change to T9.
Guys, i have a question now. Wats the largest capacity micro sd card that the u700 takes?
this fone looks like a jewelry ,,, a jewelry with so much functions ....
mike whe you purchased you phone from phonesource what did you get in the box.
I bought mine a week ago and i LOVE it!
apart from one thing
sometimes the memory card doesnt get read properly
i.e the music player greys out the tracks and says the file does not exsist
anyone else have this problem?
got my ph Sat, its so sexi.. i knew it would be light, but didnt expect it 2B so light! mst still get use 2 the touch pad and locking system!
non, yes the battery does become warm when talking for long periods. but thats with all fones.
As for battery life, the point there is the batteries capacity - mAh boys and girls!!!!
Hi there, I applied for two contracts with the Samsung U700, and it was released recently in South Africa, but seeing that it is the cheapest phone with HSDPA and 3.2mpix camera, they should have known that the demand for the phone would be great, but yet I am waiting a week and a half for delivery of the phones. And there is no stock........ Features wise no other phone come close for the money you pay for it, as for the connection of HSDPA or 3g, it is seldom the cellphone's fault, because of th erg network being so unreliable
i hav a question nid sm1 to help i just bought u700 and im strugling to drop call and i nid to know how to go to choose my own songs or ringtone