Hadam, 13 Jul 2008yes I knew how to make my message tone a melody from my list . open phone profile and then edi... moreHi Hadam.. tnx but unfortunately i am not able to set it though!! its kinda weird coz when i try to set the message tone i can access my memory card but no list of songs on the sound area.. i can only set on the phone tones particularly .MID tones but mp3, i cant set it!
Please can u help me figure it out!!
eve, 03 Aug 2008thnx Denis! but I was amazed by your report on this phone!is it that much awfull?I really like... moreI did download Virtua Tennis for it and that was my favourite feature. Once again though, the buttons didn't make playing it easy but I still liked that.I suggest you go to the store and have a really good play with it. Put your sim in it and muck around with it. It seems great at first but it isn't in the end. I didn't try the phone in advance and I vowed never to make that mistake again.
eve, 03 Aug 2008thnx Denis! but I was amazed by your report on this phone!is it that much awfull?I really like... moreFor me, it was how it worked. It was never faulty in a physical sense, it was just totally illogical in the way it operated and those stupid touch buttons ruined it. Plus the fact the operating system was really slow. A work colleague bought the same phone and also hates it. It really looks great and that is why I bought it though I am glad to see it go.
thnx Denis! but I was amazed by your report on this phone!is it that much awfull?I really like it but now by reading your report Im not sure that I'll buy it or not :(
eve, 03 Aug 2008I want to buy this phone but I dont know if the sliding part will work properly or not! I hear... moreThe sliding part is fine. Overall the quality/feel of the phone is commendable. Read my comment on the UI/Design issues it has.
I want to buy this phone but I dont know if the sliding part will work properly or not! I heard that samsung sliding type phones breake down easily! is it true?!plz help!thnx
This is my beef with this phone. I just got rid of it (sold it to my sis) and replaced with the iphone. These were my gripes.
1) Lets say you call voicemail. You call the number and listen to the prompts. The buttons are currently locked. you need to press 3 to delete the message so you do. Now the buttons are unlocked. The next time you put the phone to your face, it will hold the call. It takes you a good 10 phone calls to realise this is what it is doing as you assume that the call just cut out.
2) The operating system is ridiculously slow. It has a keyboard buffer though, so if you press the lovely touch sensitive buttons too hard, you have things occur like sending a blank message to someone from your contact list before you even realise it has been sent. Hitting the cancel button doesn't stop it in time.
3) How to send a SMS. Menu - Messages - Create Message - Message - Type message - options - Select 4 (yes the number 4 ) to add a contact from the phone book - select contact - press middle button - return - press 5 for send (or another number but yes it is a number again) - press the middle button to confirm - then once it sends guess what, it lets you know and you have to press the middle button again. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!
4) Touch sensitive buttons. Who here who has this phone has accidently pressed the unchangeable voice call button and it has attempted to voice call your last received call?????? I lost count
5) To unlock the phone, even with the slider closed, simply takes 3 pushes of the same button; the middle menu button and guess what, it sticks out the most on the phone. Of yes, when in the pocket, that is the button that rubs against the fabric of your trousers. You can guess the outcome.
6) The reflective nature of the finish makes reading the screen in daylight near impossible.
7) The dial that turns, is also like a control pad. It is two in one. So if you decide to use it like it was a control pad, be careful not to move your finger left or right while doing that. When you think you are going down the menu, you end up going left as well!
8) Going to silent mode. It use the hold # down to go into silent mode. You have to be at the main screen. No keys can be typed prior, you can't be in the menu mode. The key is in the corner near the edge where it is hard to press and very easy to accidently let go too soon. You then have to cancel (hang up touch sensitive button) and try again. Nokia and the power button for profiles was a great idea. This one stinks.
9) Did I say those touch sensitive buttons?
I really could go on. I have had a lot of mobile phones in my time. This is the second worst phone I have had (my first phone - an Alcatel HB160 won't be beaten for that position in a long time). I normally don't leave feedback but for this one I wanted to warn people. It simply isn't worth the looks.
On the bright side, I loved the camera. For snaps it is very clear for a phone and when I need some quick snaps taken, it does a great job. The battery was find for me. Never had a problem though I charge my phone each night anyway. Li-ion prefers that and my batteries seems to last quite a while. The call quality was fine and reception was as good as any.
Overall, I couldn't recommend this phone to anyone. Period.
This Mobile phone is Excellent ..its simple its nice its so so so feminine ..i love this mobile and i will never ever change it
I had mine for exactly 3 weeks. All of a sudden when somebody would call me or text me I would never receive it, my family had to call my friends just to reach me! I asked the seller to fix it for me, it's been away from me for 2 whole months now, I can't even get my money back, it's ridicules, I couldn't believe this phone died on me so easily.
i advise not to buy it!! ive had it for a coupel of months now & its not at all user friendly. only 4 choices for msg tone, the touch buttons have a mind of their own & are not responsive all the time. Have to press the same button three times to get it to do anything and sometimes they are so over sensitive they cancel whatever you are doing and jump to a new menu. Wish i never bought it!!
i have had this mobile for about 8 months or maybe less .. and at first it was reaaaly nice but the memory isn't enough and the battery didnt last long a month ago this black blob appeared on the screen somedays its really big somedays its small .. also the wheel got stuck and the screeen froze so i dont really advise anyone to buy it especailly if they drop things as much as i do :P
iv had this phone for about a year now. been very careful with it but just about a week ago whenever i made a call from it, i couldnt hear the connection ring u hear whennormally making a call. also the screen turned black, the colours inverted (went negative tone) and the wording on the screen inverted (mirror image)!! piece of crap. the touch pad is too sensitive and ur always pressing buttons and dialling somebody accidently. CRAP!
same prob here... my battery could not last 24 hours though i bought it just yesterday! ;'( i dunno if i buy new battery it'll last longer...
and I'm curious why i cant play streaming vid, anyone know why?! tnx!
Vanilla Latte, 26 Jul 2008I'm a dealer and I agree, i've seen too many of these phones in. For a company that sells main... morehey vanilla I was wondering where you sent it to get it serviced? I'm actually in the states and it doesn't seem like there are places here. I'm going to be heading overseas, first to Japan then to Korea. I figure they can fix it in Korea it being a Korean product and all but do you think they'll be able to fix it in Japan?
Rob, 26 Jul 2008Does this phone have TV-OUT?yes it does but you have to av 3g and pay 10 pounds per month
the best fone eva!! everyone says that the screen peels the battery runs out easily none of that happens plus i have had mine fone for about 5 months the battery only runs out if you leave your fone on all night its really neat and a good mirror the best thing about it is that the round bit in the middle of the fone swivels round.iam on vodafone pay as you go cos thats the only network that does pay as you go. u700 rules woo!
samsung u700, first time using samsung, am disappointed, battery could not last 24 hours at stanby! come up with slim edition, but could not compete with motorola and nokia.