ellimac2129, 15 Jan 2009I AM THINKING on getting a phone for a 24 month contract, so please I want users that can be t... moreDear ellimac2129, in my humble opinion, you may wish to check out the specs and reviews for the following phones at both GSMArena and Mobile-Review. SGH i7110, SGH B2700, SE K770, SE C902. But even before so, please make a list of your desired features. Then set priority. Because packing all our desired features in a single handset would generate a "SuperPhone" atypically contradicting business strategy -- which is noway acceptable to any manufacturer. You know how it works, yes? :)
Fraser, 12 Jan 2009Can anyone comment on the sound Quality through the speaker as well as the headset..I have compared its sound with moto v8 if i give v8 8.5 points u800 will get 7.
I AM THINKING on getting a phone for a 24 month contract, so please I want users that can be trusted
my choices are NOKIA N77, NOKIA 6600 SLIDE, SAMSUNG U800 and SONY ERICSSON G700
I had the samsung U700 and it cost me a lot to have it repaired..it was a slide phone so I,m a bit concerned about getting a slider again..my ribbon flex broke after the manufactures warranty so it pretty lame..
I'm not getting positive feedback for the NOKIA N77 but I like the TV!
SAMSUNG U800 is nice however im afraid to get another SAMSUNG FONE AGAIN!! BUT I was thinking this is OK since its an open faced phone..so no prob with the ribbon of flex there
with the SONY ERICSSON I was thrilled it has touch screen and the fact that it has image stabilizer..but most of the opinions are saying its not that good..like it hangs...
I just wanted a phone that has a pretty good camera (w/ flash, night mode etc.,)..uses a micro SD ( san disk transflash ), secondary camera for video calling, nice speakers like the samsung one (bang and olufsen technology) and a bit sturdy..I cant help it, there are times that I unintentionally drop my phone..but not too hard..I dont like too sensitive phones..size is not a problem for me..I was thinking on getting the nokia N95 however its to expensive for me..so I'll settle for this candidates..
adri, 05 Jan 2009I struggle to get mxit on my phone dude have you managed to install mxit yet on your fone if yes pleez advise how
Does mxit even work on this fone.. it keeps giving me an installation error.. and says something 400
Hindustani, 12 Jan 2009menu > phonebook > 8.management > 3.list by > first/last name [choose here]Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately the U800 I have does not have those setting options that you mentioned. Under phonebook > 8. is input method wich is something totaly different. I'm from South Africa and maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe a software upgrade might help, think I'll try that. Have to agree with you that this is one good looking phone.
Anonymous, 05 Jan 2009i want to buy samsung u800 , i m from india . shud i buy it or not? is the front camera and 3g... more- - - YES. You should buy it. Why? - - -
1. This is perhaps the most beautiful cellphone deviced till date -- needless to say, on Earth.
2. Slim. Well distributed weight. Very comfortable to hold in hand.
3. Also taller than the cheap-soap-case looking NOKs and burn-hole-in-pocket overpriced SEs. Hence comfortable by all means -- psychologically, too.
4. I use mechanical and digital SLRs for still photos. So unfair it would be for me to comment on its built-in camera. But there are more than enough options to toy around for you -- provided that you first successfully "discover" the keys for the camera menus and settings. [Albeit, I'll be here to help.]
5. The screen is outstanding. By God. Setting wallpapers is a TRUE pleasure.
6. The L700 in Indian market comes with the Taj Mahal as a living world theme. U800E doesn't have this theme. It's a plus, actually. I sincerely and strongly oppose setting a tomb picture -- no matter how pretty -- as anybody's phone or PC wallpaper.
- - - NO. You shouldn't buy it. Why? - - -
1. The battery indicator is rigged. Never shows actual battery status. In my case, the 1st bar goes out in 2 days. The last 2 bars go out in less than a day.
2. The battery is horrifying and terrible. Plain phone calls [each less than 5 minutes] and nothing else -- a full charge lasts less than 2 days. With a 2GB card inserted, battery never lasts more than 24 hrs. No matter what you do -- or not do anything at all.
3. The speaker is the worst one in volume. Even high frequency violin, bagpipe MP3s are not audible enough to be set as ringtones.
4. SMS alert tones can NOT be customized. NOWAY !!!
5. The handsets are all invariably made in UAE. The 7h and 8th digits of IMEI -- 02.
6. Tri-band, GPRS. No 3G. No front camera.
7. Samsung India customer support will give you lots of attitude if you ever call them seeking support. They won't call you names -- that's a given, I hope. Better consult your fortune-telling witch before calling Samsung India's tele-support personnel.
- - - SAMSUNG SGH U800E is the handset the above points were all about. That is the variant available in the Indian market.
snakesembrace, 12 Jan 2009hi there. i have had this phone now for 3 days. have put my old sim card from my se w850i i... moremenu > phonebook > 8.management > 3.list by > first/last name [choose here]
Can anyone comment on the sound Quality through the speaker as well as the headset..
i have had this phone now for 3 days. have put my old sim card from my se w850i into this phone, and now it shows all my contacts with the surname first. this is realy irratating and it doesn't seem to have a setting where you can change it!!! has anyone else had this problem or maybe no how to change please!!!!!!!
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2008haha GSMArena u biasedd fvckers you can call the power button on the nokia e66 and e71 cheap l... moreNot a fair comaprisson. The Nokia's you mention are devices that are made from higher class materials (thicker stronger metals) and are way more expensive. So one would expect a classy button in stead of that plastic, red-thing. The U800 is a nice phone but on a way lower price-scale, which also speaks out looking at the possibilities of the OS, the specs of the device, etc.
Comparisson: One shouldn't cry about cheap materials on a Nissan Micra, but one could when confronted with cheap materials on a Nissan 350Z.
Dunker, 13 Dec 2008Hi can someone please tell me can you change the message(txt) tone with one of your choice as ... moreYou can change your sms tone by going into settings> phone profiles> choose which ever profile u want to change> options>edit>scroll right to the message alert bit> options>change>use my alert tone> find it and select it
hope this helps
I love pulling the phone out of its case in public and watch people take note...its really that good. Hard to find any shortcomings in THIS sleek babe.
Hindustani, 08 Dec 2008"Inferiority Complex" nicely blended with "Attention Deficit Disorder" gives birth to the fles... morei want to buy samsung u800 , i m from india . shud i buy it or not? is the front camera and 3g really missing in the phone?
rahul raju, 31 Dec 2008user memory is 50MB, in gsmarena it has been updated wrongly as 1GBi got the phone already and it has 1gb of internal memory. how come yours is not? hmmm..
rahul raju, 31 Dec 2008user memory is 50MB, in gsmarena it has been updated wrongly as 1GByes but the manual says 1 g.....
user memory is 50MB,
in gsmarena it has been updated wrongly as 1GB