Right got this phone last Thursday.
Straight off the mark, this is a really smart looking phone and has already turned heads when in use. It's currently got that WOW factor.
I am so far quite impressed with the phone, although not quite used to the slider part as my previous phones have mostly all been conventional style handsets. Anyhow, I think its always better to list the bad points because good critism provides more viable information before purchase, and anyway all the good points are already stated on the website.
So here goes:
- Cannot see the screen in direct sunlight. Completely fades out, however can be seen in normal daylight and great at night.
- The touch sensitive keys on the small window are fiddly. I guess people with long fingernails or chubby fingers may have issues with this. Also not always responsive, have to press the key on the screen multiple times before the particular action is recognised.
- Although it states that the audio output is based on B&O technology, it still sounds like any other MP3 phone, and there is no real noticable difference in audio output. Has similar sound and clarity like any other good MP3 phone.
- Volume keys for keypad tones are located in awkward position. Various times, being accidentaly pressed
- Snapshot button for when camera is active is also located in an awkward position. OK for landscape but fiddly for portrait.
- Shots in complete darkness are quite impressive, but objects snapped too close become very bright. Could probably fix this in cam settings, but remember this is not dedicated camphone like SE-K850i or the like.
- Battery life was 1-2 days with normal usage including HQ pics.
- Its a 5MP cam, but when downloaded pics to laptop, they looked similar to my 3MP cam phone when compared (but then again my 3MP cam was a SE-K800i).
My last impression:
7/10, very cool looking phone with ample features, but for features above misses out on a higher rating. But still defo good though..
Also, if you can, wait for the limited edition stainless steel version as opposed to the current graphite one. Its got that extra shine appeal for all you posers out there!
Hope the above info helps in any way.
I love this phone.... It does everything that i need it to and more. I just have one question, does anyone know how, on some of the adverts of this fone, it shows a google sign on the touch pad, does anyone actually know if you can get this on there or not?
Yes.I mean those irritating keypad / touchscreen sounds. I can not find where I can put them OFF.
Options ( down left corner)
Invoermethode (option 9)
Make your choice en it´s done ☺
samsung has beautiful sliders, but can this one personalize the SMS tone already??? thats the only thing thats prevents me from buying this phone
I have a question. The phone that you used in your review has not the same colours than on the samsungmobile.com webpage. The phone in your review is mor silver and has nog black parts. Are there multiple colours available or what? i don't find any relevant information on the net!
well, i prefer it 'over' N95,
Not because of Camera(almost same in both) ,
but because of AUDIO QUALITY |
N95 is loser in AUDIO, read the review to know.
No, the 4 keys apart from the navigation panel are not touch sensitive.
can somebody who used this phone advise whether phone's 4 keys (not the midle touchpad) are also touch sensitive,
this is not the only samsung phone to have an lcd of 16 million colors, the other was the samsung g600.
anyways, a lot of people around said that 256k lcd screens of samsungs are brighter and more colorful than that of nokia's 16 million color lcd's.
well, that's what they say.
Is there anyway to turn of the T9 permenatly??? (Cuz i cant find it) Other then that its an impressive phone.
ok the phone is a lot, about $450 but i think it's worth it 5mp camera mp3 player fm radio with rds. Anyone who has this phone, can you give me some info about the battery life? Thanks
How much does this phone cost??
Is the flash powerful?/
i got it yesterday and i love it....to answer some of your questions...it does have edge...it does have a front camera...u can choose ur own mp3s etc for ringtones / sms messages and assign them for specific contacts. about the dial tones....do u mean the keypad sounds? because u can turn them off.....anyway, great fone, feels solid / great keypad / amazing screen and responsive touch screen
I believe this is the only Samsung phone available with 16M colors on the LCD display.
I am so disappointed that Nokia is the only major cell phone company that offers more then 1 phone with 16M colors.
Because I have an iPod Touch, every time I look at my samsung U600, I wonder, "how is it that those damn Samsung phones are more expensive than iPod Touch, yet they have puny 256K colors. "
same question with other brand except Nokia and Sony Ericsson Can i put themes on it and can i assign MY OWN Ring tones as sms alert rather than those which are built in?