i have face some problem in my phone.my phone is in on & off. some one said that it is a software problem.but no one sucess.wht i can do this.my phone is dead.
Now i'd leave it here for those who may be in trouble like me.Copy JAR & JAD files to "Other" folder in MMC card.But usually you get errors while installing files larger than 400KB,do as following manual and have fun,don't forget say "Thanks"
Installation of JAVA games/ softwares on Samsung Duos is really simple and straightforward. Unlike many Samsung mobiles, you just need to place JAR and JAD files in the SAME folder of your mobile ( Other files folder of internal memory or in the memory card). Then select JAD file and select "Options/ Install". This will start the installation process.
By default, there is a limit of 400 KB for maximum JAR file size and you can't install JAR file bigger than 400 KB. If you try to install such files, you will see "JAR file is over max size" pop-up message error. To increase the maximum JAR file size limit, follow this simple procedure:
Enter this code in standby mode: *#52828378#
You will see "JAVA Test Menu" screen. Select option # 6 which is "OTA Test". Here you can see "Maximum JAR size (KB) which is 400 KB by default. Just enter your own value like 2048 KB. Press "Save" and exit from it. Now you can install JAR file of upto 2 MB size. Keep in mind that your new setting (2MB) will change back to default value (400 KB) if you RESTART your mobile. So, this is just a temporary setting but works perfectly to install large JAR files.
Note: You can set 4MB (4096 KB) limit for JAR files but it is safe to set this limit to 2MB and this 2MB limit is enough for most of JAVA softwares keeping in mind that "Games and more" JAVA folder size is only 4 MB.
Rajeev, 05 Oct 2011Hi,
I bought this phone few months back. I was looking for Dual Active CDMA+GSM phone. I re... moreCan some user of W279 (not 259) please confirm whether it has the following features or no -
1. Does it support group sms? I am a teacher and frequently need to send sms's to my entire class (of 15-20 students) with just one name.
2. If it does support group sms, then how many groups can I define and how many numbers per group can I store?
3. Does it let me select the group after composing the message? My SCH-679 forces me to select the group first and then compose the message. That means that I cannot forward or resend messages to a group without manually typing it out - very irritating.
4. Does it let me search the phonebook by number instead of by name? On SCH-679 the moment I start typing the number into the screen, it completes it with the name below (if in the phonebook, of course), so I know whose number it is.
5. Does it have a Delete All facility for the sms's? SCH-679 forces me to select each and every one of the messages and then delete them. That is a pain. I would rather be allowed to 'Lock' those that are not to be deleted and then Select All for deleting the rest.
6. SCH-679 had three bugs - i) it advertised that the sms list was a rolling one, ie that when the capacity was full, then the oldest sms would automatically be deleted to accommodate the incoming one. This was a lie and didn't work as advertised. ii) it advertised that the call could be ended with the red-lit End button, but that didn't work either, I had to always slide the phone shut to end the call (even though the setting was for End call by pressing End button), iii) When picking up a call, the caller would not get to hear the first 3-5 seconds of my response. I had to wait and then speak. Very irritating to have your initial, joyful greeting not be heard at all by the caller. I hope this is not the case with W279.
7. Does it have sms-on-call-reject?
8. Does it support long messages (splitting them into two or more?)
9. Does it have a Signature for the sms? I hate to have to type my name at the end of every sms, which SCH-679 used to make me do and my previous LG didn't.
10. Can I copy-paste text within or between sms's?
11. Does the phonebook allow me to sms a number to someone? Would very much like this capability.
These features are more important to me than FM, music, etc.
Would appreciate someone letting me know so that I can select a phone that has these features.
How do we install java application in this phone? especially opera mini? please help???
ram, 08 Sep 2011this model not connect the gprs........i am very worried......Yes it does. u need to enter and select correct network profile
although this is a avg cell but there is a big problem in this cell becoz u can store only 300 messages in ur hanset and you can not take any kind of backup of ur messages. its a very big issue in this model while others phone of this cost support full back of ur complete datsa.
so if u r looking for message backups then dont purchase this handset
sunu, 15 Sep 2011it connects to gprs i used net on itim vasanth from bellary karnataka my set name is samsung w259 duos sim is airtel network ererr.pleasc gprs setting to send me sir
90 min call ending is not hadset problem, it is a regulation to diconnect the call after 90 min. by service provider, as a safety reasion. it will happen complusary to any network any handset in india (+/- 10min)
salman, 27 Dec 2011this is two sim mobile aur one please give my answer.this is dual sim phone with dual standbuy.
salman, 27 Dec 2011this is two sim mobile aur one please give my answer.this is dual sim phone gsm n cdma
A..., 30 Nov 2011I can't find supportive software anywhere. Plz Help.I want to install a dictionary please help me ?