its good phone but if u transfer mp3 (sing tone)ringtone frm nokia handset, it dose not supprt
I have bought X700 and was previosly using Motorola E398. I find that its not possible for us to upload music or video directly to the external memory .... is this how it works in X700. In E398 we had options to direclty upload the data to external memory... plz let me know..
anyone has a free website to get backgrounds, games or rings for this phone
what about the bt? does it connects easily with nokia phones?
what about ringtone sound?is it loud?
After reading all the comments from you guys, i finally bought this phone a week ago.
This phone is really worth to buy with excellent sreen display, sharp camera, user-friendly features and good stereo speakers.
Congratulation to Samsung!!!
i would like to know... if it can play MP3 and also perform other functions... as in ..in the background.. same for the FM
thanks so much
does this phone supports wave,amr files?
does the BT connects easily with nokia phones or it request a code like d 500
well so far that dust problem hasnt happened to me yet i think maybe its just your phone. and yea this phone plays 3gp. you would need to convert your video to 3gp but with the right dimensions. theres a program called um Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter that does the converting and makes it the right dimensions for this phone.
I got dust under the screen and it's only slowly accumulating. Very visible in broad daylight.
Is the screen/dust issue a problem among all manufacturers that they get some defects in their models when sealing the screen or is this that Samsung aren't careful? I head another model from Samsung that many people owned and had the same issue of having dust under the screen.
I only had the phone for 2 months and I got a feeling I gotta buy a new phone soon.
i just got this phone and when taking a picture it lags you need to wait a like a second for it to take the picture. but overall this phone is really good. this phone is very light weight. the fm radio could be better and when listening to music you cant do anything else which is a shame.
...can v see pics. in full screen mode and videos too???if yea then i m goin. 2 buy 2moro...
some correction to my previous post...it is 176*144 for (QCIF). not 176*220.
to play mpeg4 files on the x700 try to resize the video pixel to 176*220 and play it from the memory of the phone instead of the memory card.
to play fr the memory card try further reduce the quality of the video in terms of audio/bitrate/etc while the pixel remain at 176*220.
i use the phone for a couple for a week now and it works really fine. It has one major disfunction: you can't copy jar/jad files to the phone (at least u can't use them as java). It is possible to get it with some Samsung D500 guides but that works quite laggy and does not always work.
So be aware if you want to play games on this phone. It sucks very much because you can easily upload a game to your server and download it with your phone, but then you will have to pay a lot of grps-costs... :( Shame on you Samsung for making this difficult
reply to f4pr;
you cant change message tone to mp3
ringtone stes as common to any one who calls you
caller tone sets the tone to oly tat particular caller
reply to pvth;
1. Camera. What is its zoom? 4x?
2. how do pics look on PC (comparable wid nokia 6630/6230i/SE W550i)
x700,6630,6230i,w550 in the decreasing order
3. I know pic quality good ,but no night mode??
no night mode.not good in very dark condition.nor are the ones wih night mode very good.only k750 with mxe is good
4. how is the video quality? I hear its pathetic and “Below average?”. I mean honestly tell whether it is comparable with Nokia 6230i/6630 video?? It is smooth enuff and sharp enuff?
u got t right.6630>w550>x700>6320i.in closeups and having two lights of varied intensity causes high brightness but in highest qulity mode this s offset by chsnging iso value manually
5. is there zoom option in video recording??
ya its good
6. is sound better that 6230i?
surely.its not as loud but qulity way better and in head phone t rocks
7. Does the fone play MPEG 4. Please confirm this if u r very sure, coz the big sites seem confused themselves.
8. Can we play Dictaphone recordings as tones??
9. how about connectivity?? Does bT work as well with Nokia SE other brands as wid Samsung it self. How does it work wid PC?
wit all EXCELLENT.tested t personally
10. I heard cant send videos made thru this fone to Nokia SE other brands via BT. Is it really true??
nonsense.you can easily send.t wont play avi files.only 6630 with software does.other 3 dont
11. How is the Radio quality? Is its reception good while moving?
good when stationary or in city.
good in bus travel.bad BAD in train.. but its very hard tyo say. some days i get very good reception
12. does it have loudspeakr option in calls?
13. does it give any signal problems.coz signals quite hard to catch in my village, where I need to go time and again.
no probs.better than nokia
14. what about MP3 playing rate?? I hope it does play the ordinary songs we play on PC quite well.
plays VERY VERY WELL
15. can we use a datacable effectively. Or BT/ card readr wud b a gud option for effective transfer.
datacable very good
16. how does the ph operate on memory card?
slow for pictures reading.video and audio very fast
17. any other problems this fone is known to cause??
causes lot of envy to all those near u
can any one tell me if x700 can play rm or not & if can read how to make that
@ahsan:yes you can send files via bluetooth to other cells like nokia,SE,moto etc. video is good, never had a chance to compare it with k700/6230
the quality of mp3 is excelent, speakerphone is great but not loud enough when you're in crowded place